Votes: 31 8.3%

• Total voters

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Uncle Arthur’s just been on 2GB telling everyone what a good bloke Elliott is and telling us “how hard he’s doing it” he’s spoken to the board apparently and told them how disappointed he’ll be if he’s gone next year.

He’s been calling players from Jackson to Meaney and no one wants him gone (apparently).

Said he was mentoring him but obviously failed but covid has stopped them meeting every week.

I wish this guy would keep himself out of the media.
He is quickly becoming an annoying wanker.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Honestly what has he actually done? Is he even paying for sponsorship right now? I've heard of others doing stuff in the background but nothing about him.
I think he’s a control freak tbh. Imagine calling players and what would you expect them to say to a major sponsor. Plus they didn’t invite him on the show, he rang in when they were talking about Elliott.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uncle Arthur’s just been on 2GB telling everyone what a good bloke Elliott is and telling us “how hard he’s doing it” he’s spoken to the board apparently and told them how disappointed he’ll be if he’s gone next year.

He’s been calling players from Jackson to Meaney and no one wants him gone (apparently).

Said he was mentoring him but obviously failed but covid has stopped them meeting every week.

We've got to start winning again so we can secure a new sponsor. Just ridiculous to have him meddling and constantly running his mouth in the media.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The lichaa incident is not a private matter….
Police being called for lichaa smashing a window where Elliott is because his mate is trying to or was Fucking his misses is 100% an issue the bulldogs have every right to act on its 100% bringing the club and game into …….. end.

The blokes had 3 strikes. If the nrl can fine him for two issues in one incident then clearly we can act. Plain and simple.

I look forward to the photo of the bungee it’s a Fucking gold response I’ll give you that.
I don't think so.....Police had no interest in Elliott. Players are entitled to their private lives, no matter how sordid.

But thanks for the rare compliment....lol

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

I reckon he cares less about Elliott and more about getting free publicity. If he's so disappointed about Elliott leaving, then Laundy is free to leave too. I'm sick of these attention whore sponsors.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hoppa is gone next year anyway. Not sure why he'd have a say.
I never thought of what someone said about hoppa having a huge issue and checking out over him. It would make sense. Hoppa has be woeful and a shadow of himself this year. Would make sense as his qualities as a human do appear to be vastly different than rooting ya best mates misses.

Still doubt hoppa has an influence on that more the people agree with hoppa than elliotts views.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I reckon he cares less about Elliott and more about getting free publicity. If he's so disappointed about Elliott leaving, then he's free to leave too. I'm sick of these attention whore sponsors.
In this case I reckon he’s on a personal crusade. He feels like he’s got to prove Elliott can behave himself because he mentored him.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I don't think so.....Police had no interest in Elliott. Players are entitled to their private lives, no matter how sordid.

But thanks for the rare compliment....lol
Mate he was lucky to escape the sack last time. Spin it however you want. We can’t take you serious if you deny that….

I call it as it is. I actually laughed out loud to your reply. Was pure gold.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In this case I reckon he’s on a personal crusade. He feels like he’s got to prove Elliott can behave himself because he mentored him.
That and he's on a power trip.. Like I said the other day, it's laughable that a pub baron wants to save a guy that has problems with alcohol. I suppose Laundy doesn't care about the thousands of other people's lives his pubs and pokies have helped destroy.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I never thought of what someone said about hoppa having a huge issue and checking out over him. It would make sense. Hoppa has be woeful and a shadow of himself this year. Would make sense as his qualities as a human do appear to be vastly different than rooting ya best mates misses.

Still doubt hoppa has an influence on that more the people agree with hoppa than elliotts views.
Hoppa gre up with John Hopate as an uncle. Pretty sure he's used to being around people who are a bit loose. I've always had the impression Hoppa is someone with strong moral convictions. I wouldn't think he's the type to impose those values on others or to kick up a stink over player misbehaviour. His form was a bit off last year. If players are making their objections heard, I'd be surprised if Hoppa was one of them.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He could be accused of intimidating the players if he's ringing them to garner support for Elliott....but we don't know all the circumstances I guess.

But it doesn't sound very professional to "interfere" like that and get so personally involved. Ego trip?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Mate he was lucky to escape the sack last time. Spin it however you want. We can’t take you serious if you deny that….

I call it as it is. I actually laughed out loud to your reply. Was pure gold.
Well, all thye reports are saying the club is examining its legal position....you don't do that if you are 100 percent confident about your position. Time will tell, man. You may well be right and he may be gone....but it's not a foregone conclusion. I'd brace myself for the possibility it doesn't happen. If I had to bet one way or the other I'd bet on him being shown the door though.

Reactions: ATT

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you imagine the feeling of dread JK and Gus must feel when their phone rings and it's a bored Arthur Laundy for the sixth time that day to give you his 2 cents worth?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Gould’s ego is big enough to punt Elliott just to show Laundy who is calling the shots.