Votes: 344 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 8.3%

• Total voters

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The best shot is trying to trade him with someone if they can't sack him, sell it as a fresh start for him and hopefully it's a player of similar value so we don't have to pay him to play elsewhere.
Personally I think that’s what will happen. Gus and the club will talk him into a fresh start elsewhere. Some fans may be upset if we contribute freight but we need to make it some what attractive for a new club to take a risk on a bloke who is a demonstrated liability. Plus if we chipped in $100-$150k (as a guess) to offload him it’s money well spent in my opinion.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Considering laundy was brought in to cut the gould deal no doubt funds exchanged then safe to say laundy owns goulds arse, hence gould wont be sacking elliott , so gould is a soft cock
Who says Gus wants to sack elliott? That's not what I got from the only words he has spoken about the subject.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Millie said they are both single so I think we need to stop saying Elliott cheated in this instance (yes he fucked up with Lichaa I ain't defending that).

I agree with Paul Kent that its a joke Millie isn't investigated as if it was just a kiss in the bathroom I doubt it would've came out. If it was just a kiss, god there are some prude people in society that are pretty bothered. Just remember we had instances last year of guys messing around with under age girls and banging in nightclub toilets (which may or may not have been the case here) and we were saying don't get rid of CHN, unfair dismissal, etc etc.

Elliott is a bog average player and has some serious issues off the field away from rugby league but I don't like the double standard that if it was Thompson the narrative would be get over it and Khoury shouldn't sack him.

I've said it previously, Elliott needs to show some balls and walk away himself acknowledging he has a problem with alcohol. I would from my job if that was the case and my personal issues aren't even in the spotlight.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If he was just a regular sponsor, players wouldn't have his number...... not convinced from Gus's commenta that he wants to sack him either, tbh. I could always be wrong, but my feeling is the club will try to support him through this and a lot of you are going to be disappointed. I think that's what many who are calling for his head would want the club to do if they liked the player.
I think Laundy and the club constantly enabling him by not taking stronger action is only making things worse. Elliott then thinks he's invincible and he can keep acting up because he keeps getting away with it.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I think Laundy and the club constantly enabling him by not taking stronger action is only making things worse. Elliott then thinks he's invincible and he can keep acting up because he keeps getting away with it.
I think that's a stretch, tbh. Elliott has recently lost his family, you really think he's going to feel invincible just because a club shows it is looking out for his welfare and tries to support him through his issues? Gus and Laundy are the only club representatives who have spoken out about the matter and they have both suggested Elliott has been trying hard to address his drinking problem and that he has been very contrite following this incident. I think invincible would be the last thing he feels right now. A slip up by someone looking to beat addiction is generally a humbling experience. The club and potentially the game turning its back on him is much more likely to cause him to backslide than the club showing they have his back in this fight.

Look onm the bright side, if he stays, the kennel won't need to look for a new scapegoat.....if kennel history tells us anything, it tells us this place always needs one of those. We even had em when we were competing for premierships lol

Look, I'll reiterate what I said yesterday, if the club does decide to move him on, I will respect their decision as long as they offer him the support he needs, but I think it would send a mixed message right after signing another player with his own history. The club will weigh up various factors - the club's best interests, Adam's best interests, probably the opinions of the playing group too. I think whichever way the club goes, we have to respect their decision. I am just getting the impression from what Gus said and now what Laundy has said, that the club wants to try and help him through this.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yes it's correct that he may be shopped, in his, and our, best interests, and we pay him to leave... it always seems to pan out that way for clubs when its these constant minor, silly misdemeanours. If it was Thompson and his first off field controversy then yes, of course we would be defending him. If it was OK he'd be getting bagged as well bc it's another dumb mistake that affects the Bulldogs and not his first.

It's never enough to sack on the spot like Canberra have recently done but it still derails our club with reputational damage but how many times can it happen before enough is enough?

The player causes the problems but the club has to pay them to leave and the player doesn't seem to be responsible for their actions apart from the inconvenience and embarrassment of moving.

Our club has a reputation for having dills who get away with braindead indiscretions that the club has to make right and so do other clubs. Would love to see a new standard set and the player take full responsibility and consequences for their actions...but it will all pan out the way described, we top up his new contract...that's if he isn't just forgiven and promises to start his rehab.

So over our footy club having to be either an aged care home, child care centre or insane asylum :grinning:

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its great that we have someone like arthur backing the club but arthur adam needs to go
Spot on, some of us acting like a pack of hyena’s when the spotlight is now shifted to Arthur Laundy because the media knows he’s good for a comment…f### me, I think he has the right to an opinion as we do, he won’t be influencing anything because the buck stops with Gus. We tend to have short memories, let us all be reminded Arthur sponsored the club at a time of need and helped the club bring Burton & Gus over. It’s great to have passionate sponsors of the club so long as they are not blackmailing outcomes within. The decision on Elliot should be clear, he’s used up his chances at the club and he’s lost the trust of the playing group.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Spot on, some of us acting like a pack of hyena’s when the spotlight is now shifted to Arthur Laundy because the media knows he’s good for a comment…f### me, I think he has the right to an opinion as we do, he won’t be influencing anything because the buck stops with Gus. We tend to have short memories, let us all be reminded Arthur sponsored the club at a time of need and helped the club bring Burton & Gus over. It’s great to have passionate sponsors of the club so long as they are not blackmailing outcomes within. The decision on Elliot should be clear, he’s used up his chances at the club and he’s lost the trust of the playing group.
Where is your evidence he has "lost the trust of the playing group". My, oh my some of you talk out of your a-holes.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
my views on this have changed 180... if its as reported then its a nothing issue and should not go any further...
Why would they be kicked out then, you don't get kicked out for what they are claiming?