Official Round 23 Bulldogs V Knights - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are we going to have the players for it next year? Honestly I hate this system, it looked the way forward last year but under the rule changes it just isn't necessary imo. You don't need to try and finesse your way through the opposition.

Yeo had 37 touches last night for Panthers while Luai had 38...that's...concerning. it can work though, Luai with limited chances can rack up multiple try involvements in short succession but it just seems so inefficient. Are we really going to limit Burton's good ball next season so the lock and halfback can run the show? Lol no thanks. The system has to go, if not then Baz can go instead.
I agree Burton needs to be our focal point of attack.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
My BOLD predictions.
* Flannagan to score a try after taking the defensive line on
* Okunbor to catch everything that comes his way & is our top meter eater.
* Topine - close to man of the match performance
* Bulldogs to win the penalty & 6 restarts. Ok this last one is... sort of science fiction ... but I threw it in anyway
My BOLD prediction...

We lose 1-12.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I said the same thing. What does Concern me though is that we don’t have a fucking 7. I’ll be fucked if Averillo or Flanagan is that guy. Penrith system completely rubs out the 6. Which is gonna be our biggest asset. Either Burton plays 7 and controls everything or find a system to utilise him.
Now you know why Gus has been talking to Pearce.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are we going to have the players for it next year? Honestly I hate this system, it looked the way forward last year but under the rule changes it just isn't necessary imo. You don't need to try and finesse your way through the opposition.

Yeo had 37 touches last night for Panthers while Luai had 38...that's...concerning. it can work though, Luai with limited chances can rack up multiple try involvements in short succession but it just seems so inefficient. Are we really going to limit Burton's good ball next season so the lock and halfback can run the show? Lol no thanks. The system has to go, if not then Baz can go instead.
Yep I don’t like it either. Melbourne don’t use it. South’s and Manly rarely use it.

Next year just give the outside backs early ball.

I actually think Dufty will be great for us. He always threatens in attack and throws great cut out passes to the wingers. I am hoping at the very least we will be good to watch and not be last in attack again

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
My BOLD predictions.
* Flannagan to score a try after taking the defensive line on
* Okunbor to catch everything that comes his way & is our top meter eater.
* Topine - close to man of the match performance
* Bulldogs to win the penalty & 6 restarts. Ok this last one is... sort of science fiction ... but I threw it in anyway
A4748699-A660-4BB0-9238-CB49BE25204A.jpeg

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yep I don’t like it either. Melbourne don’t use it. South’s and Manly rarely use it.

Next year just give the outside backs early ball.

I actually think Dufty will be great for us. He always threatens in attack and throws great cut out passes to the wingers. I am hoping at the very least we will be good to watch and not be last in attack again
The Storm are the best, like who the fuck is Chris Lewis? Doesn't matter, Bellamy slotted him in and he was linking up play no worries. Meanwhile we're here trying to pick up some out and out ball playing forward lol.

You just have to look at their spine, they're all ball runners and that's what Bellamy lets them do, run. They're just constantly running at you and forcing you to make a decision whole also not being pigeonholed into the same role all game.

I don't rate Dufty, brings more problems than solutions. But if Baz thinks he's going to be effective paying in our current system then he really doesn't have a clue.

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It was an issue I noticed during the first trial and has only gotten worse as the season has gone on. How Trent thought he could get a reject halfback in Flanagan and a ball runner in Jake to play the Cleary role within a season was absolutely ridiculous and just shows what he has failed in his previous head coaching roles (Manly, Penrith 20's). He might be great working with individual players but in terms of making the big boy decisions he just doesn't have it. We should never have tried to implement this style off footy, how you can spend months training with these guys and think they could is a massive concern.
Said before in another thread Baz seems to have a mental image of what he thinks a player is capable of which is nowhere near reality, yet he doesn't adjust to accommodate that he just continues to think they can do what is in his head. Has been his biggest flaw