Luke Thompson consolidated thread

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
These hard times are obviously fvcking with peoples heads..... Really anyone still waffling sh!t about obtaining the services of Pearce need serious counselling, it wont happen. I think another myth is Cheese joining the Dogs, that ship has floated. Let's just get on with our lives and let the club do its' thing, I'm sure 2022 will be bigger, bolder and brighter even without the fantasy $15M salary cap some of you are dreaming of.
There are still more reasons why the ship hasn't sailed then the ship has sailed (Smith). Until that changes I think anyone saying it's impossible/myth, etc. has something wrong with their head. If you want to get on with your life and be oblivious don't go on a public forum. I wouldn't be too hopeful going into next year with our current roster. There's still a lot of work/shaping that needs to be done if we want to be competitive.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are still more reasons why the ship hasn't sailed then the ship has sailed (Smith). Until that changes I think anyone saying it's impossible/myth, etc. has something wrong with their head. If you want to get on with your life and be oblivious don't go on a public forum. I wouldn't be too hopeful going into next year with our current roster. There's still a lot of work/shaping that needs to be done if we want to be competitive.
Also need to re shape what happens with the coaching and conditioning - regardless of who the coaches and conditioners are - a lot needs to be done differently eg defensive structures and technique, kicking game, passing at speed

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
46 pages of bullshit from one shit cunț in the media that's upset we don't give him info.
We need to keep this thread going. Thompson is on $2.5M per season. Tigers are prepared to pay out the contract for the next 2 years as well as a transfer fee of $5M which is to be distributed amongst the kennellers. You heard it here first! [emoji23]

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
600 is all they have spare to offer apparently or maybe backing the dogs into a corner so they have to pay the freight at 125 x 2 years
It’s irrelevant anyway Luke s not going
Luke's a beast, as most know in rugby league winning silences critics and all the rot. All Luke needs to know is that all the fans love him and appreciate his effort carry our piss weak forward pack.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
46 pages of bullshit from one shit cunț in the media that's upset we don't give him info.
It's not bullshit!!!

Thompson to titans for a BBQ every 2nd Saturday

Burton backflipping

JAC to Penrith

TPJ stays at Penrith with dogs paying 700k of his salary

Vaughan wanting to join hoolbrook for BBQs

Elliot 500k increase to his salary and 10 year extension

All happening and being announced in the next fortnight

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Trade for Tommy Talau and MCK.
On a serious note... Willie Talau was in some video for the dogs this week. I thought the reason Tommy left was because his dad was dirty on the club... Maybe the bridge has been mended ?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
On a serious note... Willie Talau was in some video for the dogs this week. I thought the reason Tommy left was because his dad was dirty on the club... Maybe the bridge has been mended ?
Well the Andersons are gone so?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tommy talau I believe would be a much better five eight or lock than centre or winger. Can ball play!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yep, was very good but the dogs prioritised a few others,for reasons I cannot comprehend
Who was his halves partner when it wasn't Jake?

Honestly he looks like he could play as an edge forward, not as explosive or as good as Schuster but in the same sort of mould.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep, was very good but the dogs prioritised a few others,for reasons I cannot comprehend
He was very loose.. probably wouldn't survive as an NRL half

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like Gould might be trying to free up enough to buy Pearce but the question is will the Knights let Pearce go for 2022 ?. You wouldn't think so based on the fact their win ratio is significantly higher when Pearce plays. I seriously hope Gould isn't thinking of signing Pearce for 2023 and 2024 when Pearce will be 34 and 35 - way TOO OLD. We need Pearce for 2022 to hold Burton's hand in his first year of regular first grade otherwise it's little use signing him.

If it's true though as reported that this is all about Thompson's manager trying to secure Thompson's long term future then he needs to be reminded that NRL players negotiate new contracts 1 year prior to the end of their contract - NOT f..king 2 years prior. The manager is using Thompson's recent good form hoping we're silly enough to pay 850K a year again for even longer. We paid too much originally as it is. If we're extending Thompson now it's a downgrade to around 600-700K a season. I cant see any other team paying more than that. If the manager wants to shop Thompson around tell him we're not paying freight. If he wants a longer deal elsewhere he can sacrifice the extra dollars he would have got from us.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give the Storm Jackson / Elliott (to replace Finucane). Get B.Smith in return. Sell Thompson to pay the rest of B.Smith's wage plus buy Pearce (or get a cheap prop and upgrade Burton).