Luke Thompson consolidated thread

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No one is taking either of those, and they’re not on as much money anyway.
If we have to pay freight on Thompson than it's not much of a benefit either way.

Being able to move both (Elliot and Hetherington) and the signing a fringe FGer will still be better than moving Thompson

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put it this way, would you guys care if we had to get rid of him for Cheese?

I'm not saying that's the case but I'd be the first to fuck off my favourite current Dog to get Cheese.
I would feel shitty but if It was for the Cheese I'd go yeah maybe we come out in front but that'll only happen if Thompson goes to Melbourne but they are not mentioned so can't see how it's happening. just like releasing Remis to get JAC.

Stinger

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tigers would not be allowed to negotiate let alone table an offer unless the club gave permission for Luke to look elsewhere. As much as it pains me to say it could be as simple as Luke wanting to develop his career further with a more successful club with better players around him or at least a club that can win more games. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s not happy with the way Trent is coaching the team.

boysunleashme

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
My god you guys overrate him he is a good player but some of he’s defensive reads this year have been diabolical and now his targeted by the refs like featherington. He is not irreplaceable and inconsistent everyone just remembers the sharks game but he is not like that every game.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The article is full of shit. Thompson is not allowed to meet with other clubs or receive offers unless we give permission
If he has then that was a illegal meeting where is that corrupt NRL to deal with this shit .

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
With Thommo gone, does that mean Cheese?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Upgrading Burton ASAP?
Thats one of the very rare, hens teeth rare, things the media got right...

BUT

A blind man in China can see we NEED to do that ASAP

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With Thommo gone, does that mean Cheese?
Thommo isn't gone yet, we have 3 hookers now I am not sure about Cheese now.
I believe it could mean a halfback, maybe just maybe it's Pearce.