Luke Thompson consolidated thread

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wests Tigers and North Queensland are ready to pounce on English international Luke Thompson, who may be on the move from Canterbury at season’s end.
The Tigers have tabled a three-year deal for Thompson with the prop having already met coach Michael Maguire about a possible shift next season. The Cowboys have also expressed a formal interest to try to entice Thompson to Townsville.

Several other clubs are in the process of trying to work out how they could squeeze Thompson into their ranks after he suddenly came on the open market.

Luke Thompson has been offered a three-year deal by Wests Tigers. Picture: Alix Sweeney

Luke Thompson has been offered a three-year deal by Wests Tigers. Picture: Alix Sweeney

Thompson has two years left on his deal at Belmore and could still remain at Canterbury long-term if they can’t find a club to pick up a large chunk of his contract.

The Bulldogs aren’t forcing him out, nor is Thompson agitating to leave but with more than $1.4 million remaining on his contract, the club has already plenty of cap space invested in their forward pack. Tevita Pangai Jr and Paul Vaughan are joining the likes of Josh Jackson and Adam Elliott on decent contracts.
Elliot should not be being paid anywhere near what Jackson is getting and some say that is 600k per season. Tigers are a joke and I can't see what Maguire would be selling to him by way of a settled time at the Tigers., unless Thommo loves the f word which Maguire uses with great frequency....

If the club does want to keep him but it becomes untenable, there is no way in this wide world that we should be picking up a big chunk of freight on him. It shits me to tears the number of times we have had to subsidize a player to play at another club. Unfortunately when parties can't find common ground that is what ends up happening.
I really can't make much sense of the stories being written at the moment in the media which have consistently stated that Thommo is happy, the club is not shopping him, his manager wants a new deal with more money...contradicting each time a new story is printed...

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No I would say he looks better because the yardstick is low.

I would say he looks better because he averages 140 plus metres and the rest can't crack an egg. I would say he looks good because his stats are on par with props that have better team mates.

JWHs job is EASIER because he has better team mates, its that simple.

Haas is another with shit team mates atm. Guess what? Not even as good as he is does he make a difference, be ause HIS TEAM MATES SUCK.

Longevity has NOTHING to do with what I am saying.

Give the poor prick some help
Im confused, who are you arguing with? Seriously mate your have chip over Thomo when I am agreeing he is a gun. But you are kidding yourself if you don’t think JWH is every bit as good if not better and has been doing it at the highest level for years..You need to take your Rorters hate goggles off. I did because he is the best in the game.

Fuck it don’t bother mate. You win, Thomo is the all time Goat… :tearsofjoy: my post was never to provoke you it was a reflex answer. Nothing more.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
How many props do we have?
Vaughan is a 1 year deal.
Featheringrin has a year left.

Who else do we have? TPJ?

Allgood we have Elliot and Jackson oh and maybe Asiata LOL
We're currently short props as is unless TPJ and RFM play in the middle (that's assuming we're keeping Thompson). I thought we'd just sign 1-2 more as depth.

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So with 2 years to go, he's somehow gotten an offer from the Tigers - thought this was against the rules unless the player's contract only had 1 year remaining (unless he has actually gotten permission to sound out other clubs)?

Our Front Row for 2022:

- Vaughan - starter
- Hetherington - bench
- Seumanufagai - bench
- TPJ - starter, but would be played on an edge instead of the middle?
- Patolo - reserve
- Stimson - reserve

Atoni, Napa and Ogden the only props and they're gone

Aren't we a bit light if we let him go?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
This better not happen. Makes no sense what so ever.

Only way it would is if it’s the storm
Demanding him
For Brandon and even then I’m not overly Excited.

He’s a great player and finally had some players coming to help.

This shit about the cap is rubbish. No doubt it’s full for next year but Vaughan, dufty are 1 year deals.

Rfm Stimson wakeham off the books next yea too.

Elliott Jackson Waddell hetho Allen Flanagan etc year after.

We are fine for cap.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im confused, who are you arguing with? Seriously mate your have chip over Thomo when I am agreeing he is a gun. But you are kidding yourself if you don’t think JWH is every bit as good if not better and has been doing it at the highest level for years..You need to take your Rorters hate goggles off. I did because he is the best in the game.

Fuck it don’t bother mate. You win, Thomo is the all time Goat… :tearsofjoy: my post was never to provoke you it was a reflex answer. Nothing more.
I never said that at all.

My original point was NO PROP does what Luke does with no help. NO PROP wins games or swings results of games with NO HELP.

You replied with JWH.

Which I assumed you meant that he does or did.

I simply pointed out, no he has never done it alone. And yes he is good, and so are the Roosters but he has aways had HELP. You tried to tell me he lifts the players around him. I then told you the players around foe him to lift are still levels above whT Luke has to tet and lift. Not to mention JWH has origin stars galore around him.

Which goes back to my original point of Luke has none.

No confusion here.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Where there’s smoke there’s fire. So far Thompson’s manager wants an extended deal, from the other article Gus said no but if you can find another better deal go for it so we must have given permission.

I’m not saying I agree or disagree with releasing him but which team in their right mind signs Jackson, Elliott, Waddell or most of the others on contract and Gus is saying he wants to upgrade Burton plus you might need to re-sign Vaughan if he works out.

I won’t be surprised to see Thompson go at all.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Someone message Khoury again LOL
Pretty quick work indeed, if he goes to the Tigpies clearly that's a shit move, only a money grab which shoots his "i wanna stay at the dogs" story down...