Josh Stuckey Signed

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

The Bulldogs have continued their impressive build-up for 2022 by signing one of the most promising forwards in the Queensland Cup.

Canterbury has beaten half a dozen clubs to sign Josh Stuckey, a lanky 108kg edge back-rower from the Northern Pride.

Stuckey has been averaging close to 200 running metres per game in the Queensland Cup and recently scored a hat-trick of tries against Wynnum.

The tall back-rower should add considerable strike power to the Bulldogs pack in 2022 and beyond after signing a two-year deal.

Always a Bulldog
People were criticizing John Khoury's presences in QLD with with Sharp...
I know we were targeting 5 players from the NSW & QLD cups !

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Seems like a promising signing. We need some athletic edge backrowers, hope he's able to transition to first grade successfully

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id say that would make us look like this. Ignore where ive put players (that's a separate debate). We are sitting at 30 assuming we don't move on players signed for next year. I think Patolo will be a development player as well as a couple of the guys in our SG Ball side this year. Danny Ghantous, Bailey Cox, Khaled Rajab, etc. I tell you one thing it's a decent cup side.

1 Dufty
2 JAC
3 Naden
4 Schoupp
5 Cotric
6 Burton
7 Avo
8 Thompson
9 JMK
10 Vaughan
11 TPJ
12 RFM
13 Jacko

14 BBO
15 Asiata
16 Hetherington
17 Elliott

NSW Cup
1 Allan
3 Tui Katoa
4 Alamoti
5 Okunbor
6 Wakeham (he's still signed even though we know theyre trying to move him on)
7 Flanno
8 Mavoni Tuifua
9 Topine
10 Ava
11 Waddell
12 Doorey
13 Stimson

16 Stuckey
Avo at 7 and JMK at 9 and we won't be improving much on this year

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1st look at him, his running style reminds me of a player i cant think of who it is.. will come to me..
Steve Simpson I reckon, or maybe even a bit like Dean Lance.

Tall & Rangey but built up top and uses his shoulders to push through defenders.

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Avo at 7 and JMK at 9 and we won't be improving much on this year
I agree...I'm afraid we'll b like the Broncos next year .they have some really talented backs and forwards but have struggled with decent halves , and turpin has been inconsistent.
They have looked better with Albert kelly at 7

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Q-Cup is a good standard so to put up those numbers consistently is impressive. He'll likely start the season off in Reserves but hopefully he can be a diamond in the rough as we need more second rowers.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
i tipped it more signings predictions from me incoming
Nice one man, I’m not surprised we’re going for this type of body shape, Gus has said on any number of occasions how we traditionally go for a back row of smaller/nuggety style forwards.

I’ve been banging on about how we lack the bigger body shapes in our pack for a while now, the good teams have so much variety in their packs.

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nice one man, I’m not surprised we’re going for this type of body shape, Gus has said on any number of occasions how we traditionally go for a back row of smaller/nuggety style forwards.

I’ve been banging on about how we lack the bigger body shapes in our pack for a while now, the good teams have so much variety in their packs.
Thx mate

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Steve Simpson I reckon, or maybe even a bit like Dean Lance.

Tall & Rangey but built up top and uses his shoulders to push through defenders.
Not who im lookin for but i can see were your coming from mate