Josh Stuckey Signed

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Completely different to Thompson who really is a second rower who we have playing prop (it's dumb). I'd have him as a less consistent Junior Paulo at this stage, loves an offload, but he has ball skills. He's sort of a prototype of what props are now. Hard for me to get a comparison but Paulo is the best one I can think of he's just a bit taller than Paulo.
Backrower as in middle? Thommo will get slaughtered on an edge.

All I saw was a prop who loves to play off peoples hips and that is Thommo to a T... Probably more agile and has an offload which is probably where u get the Paulo comparison but he certainly has more toe than JP.

Hopefully a bit of both?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah and I reckon he would be on decent coin and other clubs will pay full freight for him.
Probably get Stuckey/Asiata and another player with what RFM is on... Easily close to 500k and probably going up next yr.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm over it to be honest. Wouldn't care if they released Thommo.
One day we'll come good, when that day comes then it comes. I'm not going to sit around sulking over it.
I'm well into my 40's and I've had my fair share of dogs premiership wins(6 of them) witnessed through my own eyes and felt the euphoria throughout my whole body.
However, I do empathize with the younger generation who didn't get a chance to witness how strong our club was for a period of 25 years(1980-2004). I actually feel for a lot of dogs supporters who have never experienced the feeling of going to Belmore Sports Ground every two weeks in a season, year after year for home games and that tribal tsunami we carried with us sitting in the wog stand and the hill terrifying opposing players who dared to step foot on our pitch. I do feel for this younger generation of dogs supporters because my 8 year old son is one of them. But for me personally I couldn't give a rats arse!
I've been here for 2, only remember 1..I'm basically like a tiger supporter :|

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Backrower as in middle? Thommo will get slaughtered on an edge.

All I saw was a prop who loves to play off peoples hips and that is Thommo to a T... Probably more agile and has an offload which is probably where u get the Paulo comparison but he certainly has more toe than JP.

Hopefully a bit of both?
I'd prefer Thommo to be at 13 actually so he'd still be a "middle". He's too small to be a NRL prop.

Stuckley is sort of a prototype prop these days, has ball skills, can make metres and gets blokes to run with him. A taller Paulo is the best comparison I can come up with. Lindsay Collins would be another comparison.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear you mate. Maybe Avo 14 and BBO 7 but not too many options at this stage. I would say if we can get rid of Wakeham and Flanno, promote Khalad Rajab and then try go for a more established 7.
Yeah I like BBO a lot. Has the right qualities of a good half. Still young and raw but it’s his natural position. Also his short kicking game for what little we have seen of it this year is awesome. Him and Lewis are the only two to get us repeat sets. As for long kicking he’s not that good. Bit off the mark. BUT we have Matt Burton with a boot from the goods in his left foot. I’ve said it a few times. Let them grow together from next year OR if we get Pearce let him show BBO and mentor him on how to be a successful NRL half.
Just my opinion

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Asiata I don't get the signing one single bit. What is his role. He's the ultimate "I can play a number of positions but very ordinarily"
Yeah he isn't good at any position/role so to me it doesn't matter if he's versatile or not. Like I said when I first saw it, if true it's a very uninspiring signing.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah he isn't good at any position/role so to me it doesn't matter if he's versatile or not. Like I said when I first saw it, if true it's a very uninspiring signing.
Everyone keeps saying he's a good 14..but I'd hate him on the field. He just is woeful at 8 positions rather than most people's 1 position!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
That article has him as "Lanky" but looking at that game highlight he looks solid and a unit.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t know anything about him but his stats are unbelievable either there’s a reason he hasn’t made it by now or slipped through the cracks let’s see how he goes

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lol..we thought Liverpool would never win a top flight national title again, now we’re a powerhouse again. Maybe same with the dogs one day
I've seen Liverpool win more than the Dogs :tearsofjoy:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah I like BBO a lot. Has the right qualities of a good half. Still young and raw but it’s his natural position. Also his short kicking game for what little we have seen of it this year is awesome. Him and Lewis are the only two to get us repeat sets. As for long kicking he’s not that good. Bit off the mark. BUT we have Matt Burton with a boot from the goods in his left foot. I’ve said it a few times. Let them grow together from next year OR if we get Pearce let him show BBO and mentor him on how to be a successful NRL half.
Just my opinion
Only two to get us repeat sets? Jake literally has more than the two of them combined.