CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Sorry to tell u he will be playing left edge
Yh because Penrith cookie cutter approach, like for like with Kikau, etc. Baz too obsessed with trying to finesse his way through the opposition rather than playing the power game that's required.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
You blokes saying this is bad have no idea. Name an existing ball playing forward that we have? Asiata would be a perfect 13 in the modern mould...like Watson, Ridley, Yeo, J Trojeyovic. Ball player combining with hooker, halves to link to 2nd rowers and centres and FB. Exactly the type of player we need given we don't have that creativity at halfback and hooker and there just isn't the talent available on the market. Asiata would be an invaluable piece in our squad.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I did not sit through years of shit to see fucking Asiata starting lock. Fuck me.
As always I am moved and physically shaken by your unwavering positivity, support and enthusiasm for our club... FFS do you ever throw any support behind anything our club does to try and improve the roster??? With fans like you who the fuck needs enemies! I cant recall a single post of yours where you actually write something positive or supportive, always just the same bitching and moaning FFS! I’d hate to be your missus poor woman...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You blokes saying this is bad have no idea. Name an existing ball playing forward that we have? Asiata would be a perfect 13 in the modern mould...like Watson, Ridley, Yeo, J Trojeyovic. Ball player combining with hooker, halves to link to 2nd rowers and centres and FB. Exactly the type of player we need given we don't have that creativity at halfback and hooker and there just isn't the talent available on the market. Asiata would be an invaluable piece in our squad.
Jackson ain't moving from lock. Asiata's also a Cowboys, now Broncos reject and he struggled to get into the team at both clubs (towards end at Cowboys). Over the last 2 years he's done absolutely nothing to get excited about. If it's minimum wage and he's in reserve grade or possibly on the bench it's not the worst, but I'd much rather someone else or even a young kid we have, e.g. Topine, even Patolo or Tuifua we've signed. I'd actually rate Asiata as a signing worse then Stimson at the time we signed him...

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
As long as he's fit, this would be a good signing, and add needed depth to the forward roster.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Jackson ain't moving from lock. Asiata's also a Cowboys, now Broncos reject and he struggled to get into the team at both clubs (towards end at Cowboys). Over the last 2 years he's done absolutely nothing to get excited about. If it's minimum wage and he's in reserve grade or possibly on the bench it's not the worst, but I'd much rather someone else or even a young kid we have, e.g. Topine, even Patolo or Tuifua we've signed. I'd actually rate Asiata as a signing worse then Stimson at the time we signed him...
Him not being able to crack the Cowboys team was a failure of P.Green not seeing where the meta was going - He should have been ahead of the curb, moved Taumalolo up front and Asiata into the 13.

Gould has spoken ad nauseam about having "700-800 games" worth of experience in the game day 17, Asiata has played 140 to this point including a GF and internationals which helps balance out the inexperience of Topine, Patolo and Tuifua - compared to Stimson who has played 60.

On a minimum contract it's a good signing for someone who's most likely going to play CCup and be a handy back up

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don’t know why some are upset about this but it’s a good signing.
Quick play the balls and some offloads is a good way to put us on the front foot.