Sign Ryan James..

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thompson!! Almost every single week.
Thompson is not suited as a middle forward bashing up through he middle. He plays better when the defense is moving back and he uses his footwork and leg speed.

The game he played against Cronulla, he was playing Lock.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They both played well but it doesn't take much to look good against our other forwards.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thompson is not suited as a middle forward bashing up through he middle. He plays better when the defense is moving back and he uses his footwork and leg speed.

The game he played against Cronulla, he was playing Lock.
Lock is a middle forward.
Thompson will benefit from having Vaughan and TPJ in the squad next year. Thompson isn't a 1st or 2nd hit up player, needs the defence retreating for his speed to have an impact.

oldman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Horborgh has always played with passion. If he is available the Dogs should grab him. Can’t see him breaking the bank.

Three offloads for the big fella, Katoa 2, no other forward provided an offload… Second phase football is what the game is about these days.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought both of them went well today, few offloads and worked really hard In defence, Ryan James made a beautiful tackle outwide in the first half running from marker, could you ever see Napa doing that? Fuk no!
I hope these 2 boys are with us next week when Thompson is back, they will work well together.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Both went well and did their job

James gave us consistent go forward. Next year Vaughan will give us that plus some

Horsborough gave us some offloads which gave BBO and Schoupp some room to move and actually attack. Plus he has that aggression that we lack. Next year with TPJ we get that plus some

If we could move on one of our backrowers I would definitely take Horsborough and add him to the pack. I like his passion and aggression, something we totally lack. I think we would get better value from Horsborough than our current backrowers

Hopefully Gus might be able to work out a trade with Sticky with one of our backrowers

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Horse brah is so much better than Featherington, guess who's on more next season :confused:

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You all do realise there both not off contract next according to zero tackle

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
These two blokes just highlighted the fact that thommo has been a one man forward pack since he got here, Two mid range NRL quality forwards look like fucking super stars in our pack because of their work rate. Its surprising to me that thompson has stayed tbh.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its embarrassing when other clubs "seconds"are better than our run on forwards. Its been 4 years since Des fucked off and our juniors are still a bunch of reserve graders. Allen, Waddell, Flanno & Hetherington (if he continues to be a red mist psychopath) are proving to be poor purchases so the reality is we need to move them on top of all the other reserve graders we are paying in our top 30. Gould has to be ruthless as fuck in this off season. I dont care whether he guts our ENTIRE current top 30 because the reality is none of them are players who will win us a premiership.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We dont know if he'll stay yet 1 more year to go on his contract so clubs can talk to him in November.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Your joking right??? Your fucking clueless if you think that. Same for everyone that liked your post. He was ok, sure. Better then any game Napa has played. But best game from a prop in our jersey this year? Fucking lol
He'd be good depth for us.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You all do realise there both not off contract next according to zero tackle
Contracts mean nothing. Also if he was wanted at the Raiders, he wouldn't be loaned to another club.