Trent Robinson and the Rorters can't be serious

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldn't believe what I was watching and hearing from T Robinson, he was actually defending Crichton's illegal tackle from last weekend that will cost him a suspension. He grabbed the player around the neck while falling down and then came down on the player which constitutes a crusher tackle and they defend that!

If that was Hetherington or Thompson they'd be sidelined for 6 to 10 weeks maybe more but no we can't have one of rep players suspended with finals coming up. He's getting off lightly if you think what he did wasn't as bad as Luke Thompson our best forward has copped. 8 weeks in the last 12 months, 5 for what was an "alleged" eye gouge and another 3 weeks last week on top of 10 in the bin and a penalty for what was a late but a soft hit on a player who went down like he was a Premier League Soccer player and the refs fell for it again as they so often do when they ref us.

Just cop the penalty and STFU as quite frankly you and Crichton have absolutely nothing to complain about. WE DO when it comes to referees and the judiciary!

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Didn't see what Robinson had to say however the incident itself looked minor at best, these crusher tackle rulings are also a fucking joke.Not sticking up for the Roosters but if coaches are making noise about bullshit judiciary rulings it isn't all bad.We also should be arcing up too...

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the one that blows my mind. He got off with a fine. This is by far the most dangerous crusher tackle I've ever witnessed. Jmk got 2 weeks for touching a guy and Holmes gets a fine. What a joke.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yet if our players are suspended, it's the nrl of corrupt. If they get off, the nrl are corrupt

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The more coaches that speak out the better.
He was complaining about the inconsistency/unpredictability of punishments handed down.
He was winging about something similar earlier in the season I think.
Coaches should get together (zoom meeting) and have a winge to the NRL.
Then someone should leek it to that punch drunk journo.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't see what Robinson had to say however the incident itself looked minor at best, these crusher tackle rulings are also a fucking joke.Not sticking up for the Roosters but if coaches are making noise about bullshit judiciary rulings it isn't all bad.We also should be arcing up too...
Yes the only part I agree with Robinson is the NRL Judiciary are an F’N joke with many of their rulings astonishing. But if Robinson thinks Crichtons tackle was less than than some of the bullshit decisions we’ve copped then he should look at some of the tackles from other clubs that have copped the same or more for far less dangerous tackles. They the judiciary are biased in their rulings and desperately need a clean out.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldn't believe what I was watching and hearing from T Robinson, he was actually defending Crichton's illegal tackle from last weekend that will cost him a suspension. He grabbed the player around the neck while falling down and then came down on the player which constitutes a crusher tackle and they defend that!

If that was Hetherington or Thompson they'd be sidelined for 6 to 10 weeks maybe more but no we can't have one of rep players suspended with finals coming up. He's getting off lightly if you think what he did wasn't as bad as Luke Thompson our best forward has copped. 8 weeks in the last 12 months, 5 for what was an "alleged" eye gouge and another 3 weeks last week on top of 10 in the bin and a penalty for what was a late but a soft hit on a player who went down like he was a Premier League Soccer player and the refs fell for it again as they so often do when they ref us.

Just cop the penalty and STFU as quite frankly you and Crichton have absolutely nothing to complain about. WE DO when it comes to referees and the judiciary!
Mate be fair dinkum, that tackle from Crichton was minor and did not deserve 3 weeks on the sideline. And if you're going to get fair dinkum why wasn't Kikau penalised for an exact same tackle in the same game? - Fox Sports Videos

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I haven't seen the tackle but the Roosters call out refs and the judiciary and successfully challenge charges all of the time.

No matter how much we hate the Roosters or Robinson, I wish more clubs were outspoken in challenging the NRL and how they're ruining the game with these rule changes and absurd, inconsistent suspensions.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I haven't seen the tackle but the Roosters call out refs and the judiciary and successfully challenge charges all of the time.

No matter how much we hate the Roosters or Robinson, I wish more clubs were outspoken in challenging the NRL and how they're ruining the game with these rule changes and absurd, inconsistent suspensions.
#takebackthegame

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate be fair dinkum, that tackle from Crichton was minor and did not deserve 3 weeks on the sideline. And if you're going to get fair dinkum why wasn't Kikau penalised for an exact same tackle in the same game? - Fox Sports Videos
That’s exactly my point the NRL judiciary set a precedent by handing out ridiculous suspension penalties, I’m sure most clubs have received them, but we seem to bear the brunt of them. No way did either of Thompson’s indiscretions deserve anything else but a penalty and Hetherington is a marked man every time he plays and that’s been amplified since he’s come to us from Penrith.

Now Robinson comes out and acts like Crichton is hard done by. By comparison to us they’ve nothing to complain about and if you believe his tackle wasn’t worth 3 weeks than surely most of the suspensions we’ve copped over the last year weren’t warranted as they weren’t as bad as this tackle from Crichton. 3 weeks is a slap on the wrist compared to what we’ve copped for far less.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s exactly my point the NRL judiciary set a precedent by handing out ridiculous suspension penalties, I’m sure most clubs have received them, but we seem to bear the brunt of them. No way did either of Thompson’s indiscretions deserve anything else but a penalty and Hetherington is a marked man every time he plays and that’s been amplified since he’s come to us from Penrith.

Now Robinson comes out and acts like Crichton is hard done by. By comparison to us they’ve nothing to complain about and if you believe his tackle wasn’t worth 3 weeks than surely most of the suspensions we’ve copped over the last year weren’t warranted as they weren’t as bad as this tackle from Crichton. 3 weeks is a slap on the wrist compared to what we’ve copped for far less.
100% they play favourites, lol@souffs have a positive penalty count every farking year. You guys are paying for your players reputations from previous clubs, ala Napa and Hetherington.

And I would challenge anyone declaring us an NRL favourite, there was an article in the DT only a couple of days ago that show we have won the penalty count only 29% of the time over the past 8 years. And here is the kicker, during that time every team has miraculously been more disciplined when they play us. Teams will be giving away an average of 5-7 penalties a game except when they play us, then they only give away 2-3.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
100% they play favourites, lol@souffs have a positive penalty count every farking year. You guys are paying for your players reputations from previous clubs, ala Napa and Hetherington.

And I would challenge anyone declaring us an NRL favourite, there was an article in the DT only a couple of days ago that show we have won the penalty count only 29% of the time over the past 8 years. And here is the kicker, during that time every team has miraculously been more disciplined when they play us. Teams will be giving away an average of 5-7 penalties a game except when they play us, then they only give away 2-3.
Yeah but your blokes go out of their way to give strategic penalties on the pitch. This is well known. Favouritism off the pitch is a different matter.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maybe the coaches should decide how much each player cops instead of judges and “expert panels”.

at the end of the day coaches wouldn’t want their players missing time. But above all else they’d go above and beyond for the safety of their players.

might be the correct balance having them “zoom” together each week, go through what ever has been put on report, and judging what is considered a 1, 2, 3, 4 weeks ban etc and what constitutes a fine or no suspension.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah but your blokes go out of their way to give strategic penalties on the pitch. This is well known. Favouritism off the pitch is a different matter.
That still doesn't account for the penalties we don't get. As I said, every team magically improves their discipline when they play us.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That still doesn't account for the penalties we don't get. As I said, every team magically improves their discipline when they play us.
It's because even the refs know your blokes use strategic penalties, and this knowledge subconsciously resolves into seeing the other team giving away less penalties. Same way the refs belief that our blokes are crap subconsciously resolves into seeing the other team giving away less penalties. The refs should be insulated as much as possible from what they think they know about teams and players, and focused as much as possible on the rules and reffing based on what actually happens in play.

Again though, that is all on field. Off field is a different sombrero, I mean cap, I mean matter.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Just like your team magically improves their salary cap space every time there are star players available from other clubs lol Sorry couldn’t help myself there :tearsofjoy:

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

What a load of utter horse shit. There was nothing in that. Liam Martin turned his back. What the fuck was Crichton meant to do ? Don’t let your hatred of the Roosters cloud your obvious bias judgement.