Trent Robinson and the Rorters can't be serious

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's because even the refs know your blokes use strategic penalties, and this knowledge subconsciously resolves into seeing the other team giving away less penalties. Same way the refs belief that our blokes are crap subconsciously resolves into seeing the other team giving away less penalties. The refs should be insulated as much as possible from what they think they know about teams and players, and focused as much as possible on the rules and reffing based on what actually happens in play.

Again though, that is all on field. Off field is a different sombrero, I mean cap, I mean matter.
Agree, they should not use tip sheets...but they do.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a load of utter horse shit. There was nothing in that. Liam Martin turned his back. What the fuck was Crichton meant to do ? Don’t let your hatred of the Roosters cloud your obvious bias judgement.
Absolute F'N crap! You must have your eyes painted on. The fact is he and the Roosters have taken the early GUILTY plea and he's now going to miss 3 weeks. If Thompson or Hetherington had done the same they'd be out for 6 or more.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh Robinsons no passenger he is proactive in his coaching and shows in results
Having a billionaire powerbroker doesn’t hurt either. How the Rorters kept under the salary cap in their 2 premiership wins is something we’d all like to know. 3/4 of their squad were international or state representative players. Third Party Agreements are the loophole that makes the salary cap redundant.

Dean Pay or Trent would’ve won with that squad. Put Robinson as coach of us or Tigers and he’d be no different to most of the coaches in the NRL.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That tackle by Fleglar was a laughable penalty and even more comical to put on report, if that was a gf it would not of been a penalty and even when you look at it closely it looks tuiponea head butts fleglars forearm, he completely put his down

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Roosters consistently give away tactical penalties and i'm actually shocked why no other team has tried to copy this.

Giving set restarts or a penalty 1m out from your own line is actually incredibly intelligent if you space it out and don't act like dumb shits because it skews the penalty count in the opposition's favour for no real benefit. Then your captain can go straight and complain to the ref and you'll get the even up penalties and win the game. This is something the Roosters have done so well in the past 5 years and it's netted them 2 premierships to boot.

I hate the Roosters but Robinson with his injury woes this year have managed to keep them in the top 4 is no easy feat. If only our club had a billionaire backer as well. The salary cap doesn't work when you have one of the wealthiest man backing your club with third parties being as easy as sin. You can't really catch them out on it and in some ways i prefer no salary cap simply because evening the competition in such an archaic way is so backwards.