News Flanagan linked to the Sharks

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes we will get a rollys Royce with a number plate saying urfucked and send him to Meriton hotels and leave him there

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Honestly a change of environment could be just want he needs. We will still need backup halves. And I think a lot of you forget how good we was before he had to step up at the Roosters to FG. He was killing the lower grades till that point. He may amount to nothing more than a top reserve grade player who can't make that step up. But given his youth. It'd be stupid to just discard him. He has no confidence, like most of our team. Next year will be different when their is a lot more competition for spots.

See this would be a fair assessment if Flanagan had any self evaluation ability. Attitude can ruin even the most talented players and forever regulate them to flat track bullies, Tim Smith for Parra was a player who had immense talent but was a one year wonder and had the wrong attitude and never got to any heights

The problem with Flanagan is he thinks he's better and doesn't need improvement and thinks its unfair when he gets dropped. He doesn't think he's played badly at all, rather he thinks he's playing fine (Which he's not), and has a hissy fit and performed even more poorly in reserve grade when it was stillon. Speaks wonders about his attitude and why he'll never make it, his talent was never anywhere near a top half

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That was hilarious how the old drunk sticking up for Flanno on NRL 360. I'm guessing Shane must have given him a call asking to stick up for his son.

According to Buzz, Avo and BBO aren't "first grade standard" but apparently Kyle is. I don't know what drugs that moron is on but I'd like to sample them if it means I can turn into a delusional c*** too.

Avo has outplayed Kyle all year and BBO has more natural talent in his left toe than Kyle has in his entire 13 year old schoolgirl body so someone please tell the old drunk that Kyle was dropped because he was shithouse. He is a park footballer at best
I'm guessing you don't like him?

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was much better than most. He is a capable game manager. Just never had that next level skill. It's what you want as a backup until something better comes along.
Players cant 'game manage' under the new rules. Traditionally game managers would control field position and the speed of the contest. Now the ref controls field position. Speed of the contest can't be changed because of all the quick restarts (play the balls not scrums etc). I don't rate Kyle at all, but the rules don't help his game.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Players cant 'game manage' under the new rules. Traditionally game managers would control field position and the speed of the contest. Now the ref controls field position. Speed of the contest can't be changed because of all the quick restarts (play the balls not scrums etc). I don't rate Kyle at all, but the rules don't help his game.
I think you are spot on The style of play that was Flanagans strength is negated by the new rules to a large extent (same with Wakeham) - unless they have a running game and can kick short n long they dont have much to offer - dummy half may be the future for those types of halves (maybe)

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
NRL is just a game of who can play the fastest right now, nothing more. There's just no contest and it's why the Storm are going to walk through this competition.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Wish we still had Josh Cleeland, would have went pretty well under these new rules. Him and Burton would have made a halves pairing with their natural running games
Headgear bros

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I also believe he was developed for what was at the time the blue print for a 7, it very quickly became obsolete overnight because of these new rules. Sucks for him but other players have adapted/evolved. I think its really affected him badly getting dropped by the roosters and in hindsight moving to a struggling bottom of the table team without an experienced half to take the pressure was a terrible idea.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I also believe he was developed for what was at the time the blue print for a 7, it very quickly became obsolete overnight because of these new rules. Sucks for him but other players have adapted/evolved. I think its really affected him badly getting dropped by the roosters and in hindsight moving to a struggling bottom of the table team without an experienced half to take the pressure was a terrible idea.
Reynolds is currently one of the best halfbacks in the game though so i don't think they're totally obsolete, they just need to be performing at a genuinely high level to be effective.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reynolds is currently one of the best halfbacks in the game though so i don't think they're totally obsolete, they just need to be performing at a genuinely high level to be effective.
Good point - reynolds has the added skill of a great kicking game and three of the most instinctive attacking players in the game - Walker Mitchell and Cook - Souths seem to have a simple approac - yardage till they get to about the opposition 40 metre line then let the instincts n speed of the quality attackers take over - if that doesnt work - revert to a usually pin point kick.

nb - i still hate souths!

Last edited:

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was hilarious how the old drunk sticking up for Flanno on NRL 360. I'm guessing Shane must have given him a call asking to stick up for his son.

According to Buzz, Avo and BBO aren't "first grade standard" but apparently Kyle is. I don't know what drugs that moron is on but I'd like to sample them if it means I can turn into a delusional c*** too.

Avo has outplayed Kyle all year and BBO has more natural talent in his left toe than Kyle has in his entire 13 year old schoolgirl body so someone please tell the old drunk that Kyle was dropped because he was shithouse. He is a park footballer at best
I watched it too and Rothfield claimed it was unfair to drop Flanagan after "one game".

But he's had around 12 games and shown nothing. 1 game back after a couple of weeks. He had a game a few weeks before that when we got pumped 66-0 and he had 9 games before that.

But hypocrite Rothfield thinks it's fair to judge BBO on ONE GAME saying he's not a first grader ?? Why didn't someone point this out to him ? What a stupid prick