Official Round 21 Bulldogs V Tigers - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a very low standard game - pretty much a below average NSW Cup standard - Tigers were not much better - dogs had more stupid on display - we needde the tigers to play BJ Leilua to even up the level of stupid on both sides.

No other club would persist with players like Hopoate - he is less than a statue - Napa/ Hetherington who are just dumb and dumber and a few others competing to be the actual dumbest.
Good summation.

4 tries to 3. Half of their tries off kicks. 8-1 penalty count. Repeated infringements from them on first tackle yet no bin (or even warning).

But it came down to the first 20 of the second half. Dropped ball off kick off , Avo passing to no one, Hoppa dropping the ball.

Game over.

One thing I can say is that we have much more upside than the Tigers next year though

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate im just keeping it light hearted referring to Dufty hope you can do the same, it’s not worth getting too serious over difference of opinion on a forum but nothing clouded about my judgement about Bennett. He recruited a bunch of blokes who were at the end of their career thinking he could squeeze one last big effort from them Jez Smith Beau Scott etc done the Dezzy Hazzler paying overs and back ended and he rolled the dice and failed. I’ll give you a tip… there are few more than the Johns boys who weren’t happy with his efforts up there that are a lot closer to the action than you or I.. 2 punters having a chat on a forum. I think you missed my other question re: Bellamys rep career but that’s not a knock on Bellamy or Bennett but more so my original point if you have better personnel you will do better. Not a defence of Barrett and you don’t have to be sorry mate I’m not related to Baz (know a few that know him) I’ll repeat if he stuffs up next year with his roster (similar to Madge now) happy for him to be moved on. I’d like to think he grows under Gould where Bennett wouldn’t as you are pinning two egotistic old fellas against each other. Terrible idea in my humble opinion.
No problem mate, I just don’t agree and I am sick of being a good supporter and saying back the club and back the coach. You glossed over the fact he did take them to1 game short of a GF after being a rabble for years. Madge has won a comp, Barrett has win nothing and won’t.

In my opinion next year would be too late and Bennett is unsigned for 22. All good, you stay loyal, I am happily a decenter.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good summation.

4 tries to 3. Half of their tries off kicks. 8-1 penalty count. Repeated infringements from them on first tackle yet no bin (or even warning).

But it came down to the first 20 of the second half. Dropped ball off kick off , Avo passing to no one, Hoppa dropping the ball.

Game over.

One thing I can say is that we have much more upside than the Tigers next year though
I like what you say Howie

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Same same at the presser.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Good summation.

Game over.

I had to check if the tries really were that much.

Holy shit they were. Tigers are really really really shit to beat what we put up by such a low margin

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And they had 70% possession in the first half.

Every game we are starved of the ball, both from our own mistakes and the ref watching only one team. We are penalised out of the game, and have a player binned for minor incidents. I could write the script it's so predictable.
And despite being on the wrong end of the penalties, and it being clear that we had actual attacking threat when we could get some quick play the balls, the ref never got serious with the tigs laying all over us and this is reflected in an average ptb of over 3.5 seconds, more than the tigs play the ball. It was frequently ridiculous, with tigers players joining the tackle after the player was down old fashioned flop style. As difficult as it to be an NRL ref these days, with all the ambiguity the rules now force on them, a flop is still a flop and not hard to identify.

Same with the clear shepherds and obstructions.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good summation.

Game over.

I dont know if Barret is a good or pathetic coach but i do know the squad is very very ordinary - poor skills lack of physical stength and it appears incredibly "dumb"

Im comcerned though that Barret may not be very astute in his appraisal of players and staff - hopefully Gould can sort out the support staff Barret has around him

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
just to remind people
the likely outcome for this season under trent barrett will be this or very close to this

Played 24 games WON 2 LOST 22
barrett is the worst coach ever to coach the bulldogs

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another week another shit performance. Averillo is shit. The flog should be no where near top grade

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
No problem mate, I just don’t agree and I am sick of being a good supporter and saying back the club and back the coach. You glossed over the fact he did take them to1 game short of a GF after being a rabble for years. Madge has won a comp, Barrett has win nothing and won’t.

In my opinion next year would be too late and Bennett is unsigned for 22. All good, you stay loyal, I am happily a decenter.
Well I give him credit for making the semis and getting towelled up by the eventual premiership winners but that’s not glossing over anything mate you are actually supporting my point. He threw the house on a couple of old fellas and came up well short. They fell off a cliff after that season you are referring to. Look going through what we did post Des I’m happy to play the long game that’s all. I can see green shoots with some of the youngsters and new recruits for 2022. If Madge was decent he would replicate what he done with Souths to some extend but he doesn’t have the personael and won’t cause he can’t recruit. He simply doesn’t have the pulling power even after winning a comp. He had majority of what he needed at Souths when he got there. I think signing skellator thinking he will be the panacea to all our problems is a massive suck of the sav.. I think he’d be better suited to a GM of football role now but let’s hope it’s irrelevant and we are chatting about the finals this time next year mate. Cheers

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To think we could have, should have, had Holbrook.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
GAMES GONE TO SHIT.
The nrl needs to fold
Perhaps it is because the game has lost support against the AFL, and the NRL are grabing at strawers trying to save it. Anyone with half abrain can see how the game is rigged.
Also can anyone explain to me why the 2 most successfull teams in the last 10 years are the Storm supportered by News LTD, and the Roosters supportered by CH9