Official Paul Vaughan signs for the Bulldogs on a one year deal

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
You're in for mad shock next season, then again you might just pretend everything is okay like the Featherington fan boys.
You just make a career on being negative. Yep Dufty played a game where he was on fire, next game he was brought back to reality. Overall the kid is a very good player and 10 times better then the butter we've been dealing with. We've signed good, best recruitment since maybe the Stuart, Clyde times. Give yourself a rest and allow some positivity and optimism in. You'd rather us go crap and be right then us go good and be wrong. Otherwise why do you bother?

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mason, Omeley, Matua,
all regarded as meat heads. im looking forward to having those types of guys in the Team again.

I do agree with you it is 50/50 If they go Full Elliot type of meat Head . im hoping this does not happen.
But hopefully, they will be just smart enough to stay out of the judiciary...

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need that aggression so badly dominant forwards set standards for those coming through, we need some old heads Paul Vaughn was the best opportunity for us to turn forwards around he is man amongst kids.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You just make a career on being negative. Yep Dufty played a game where he was on fire, next game he was brought back to reality. Overall the kid is a very good player and 10 times better then the butter we've been dealing with. We've signed good, best recruitment since maybe the Stuart, Clyde times. Give yourself a rest and allow some positivity and optimism in. Otherwise why do you bother?
Being negative? Lol. It's clear you guys don't actually watch many other games because you would see how BAD Dufty really is and why he has been dropped so many times over his 5 year NRL career despite pumping out favourable stats in attack. "Overall he is very good"? LOL, are you serious? NOBODY WANTED HIM LOL, totally useless off the ball, etc.

Our fans need to stop praising SHIT players from other clubs and thinking that they're all miles better than what we have because they simply aren't. Happens every fucking season even when we recruit blatant shit. Get out of fairy land.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We need that aggression so badly dominant forwards set standards for those coming through, we need some old heads Paul Vaughn was the best opportunity for us to turn forwards around he is man amongst kids.
Vaughan is a good signing, brings a lot of what we need without creating more problems (hopefully no more off field). Consistently strong carries into the meat of the defence and strong defence. I just wish Baz didn't open his mouth talking about how disappointed he was when our 5 players broke Covid protocol and then followed it up by signing 2 players who did the exact same.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Being negative? Lol. It's clear you guys don't actually watch many other games because you would see how BAD Dufty really is and why he has been dropped so many times over his 5 year NRL career despite pumping out favourable stats in attack. "Overall he is very good"? LOL, are you serious? NOBODY WANTED HIM LOL, totally useless off the ball, etc.

Our fans need to stop praising SHIT players from other clubs and thinking that they're all miles better than what we have because they simply aren't. Happens every fucking season even when we recruit blatant shit. Get out of fairy land.
Yep and as usual you know more then everyone else. Fuk know's what your on but it doesn't sound good for you. That's why when he was advised he wasn't wanted the RL world was like, WTF? Including their own fans. It wasn't until days later that reasons were being floated about no-ones likes him. Only to be rubbished aswell. Obviously there was something behind the scenes. Sounds like most of the mentioned issues are a coaching and attitude problems that can be fixed.

Well I would rather be wrong with a little hope then be like one of those grouchy old men muppets sitting in the balcony. You have your opinion and I have mine and I'm not feeling the negative today so have fun. Maybe you can find a dog to kick to put a smile on your dial.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Let's just be happy they've recruited players where we are lacking.

Up to the coaches to improve those players faults/defence. That's our big test for 2022...coaching, along with an improved winner's attitude by the players.

Gus is not a miracle worker but we have to believe he will bring the confidence and talent to the fore and stop the crazy recruitment and retention of the past.

If we can't be "vying" for Top 8 with that improved group of 2022 players, then Gus needs to have a very serious look at the coaching staff as well.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Me because we all know what happens when one of our donkey players fuck up again.
Do you want Baz to say hes not disappointed in the boys that breached protocols then? Or not go after Vaughan and Dufty cos he said he was disappointed in the 5 players that breached protocols? either option is fucking stupid.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yep and as usual you know more then everyone else. Fuk know's what your on but it doesn't sound good for you. That's why when he was advised he wasn't wanted the RL world was like, WTF? Including their own fans. It wasn't until days later that reasons were being floated about no-ones likes him. Only to be rubbished aswell. Obviously there was something behind the scenes. Sounds like most of the mentioned issues are a coaching and attitude problems that can be fixed.

Well I would rather be wrong with a little hope then be like one of those grouchy old men muppets sitting in the balcony. You have your opinion and I have mine and I'm not feeling the negative today so have fun. Maybe you can find a dog to kick to put a smile on your dial.
Haha go for it, but please deal with facts and not make ridiculous claims.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Haha go for it, but please deal with facts and not make ridiculous claims.
Bit harsh mate don't you think?? You were pretty adamant that Thompson was a shit signing and Atoni was a gun and both of these turned out to be not "factual". And don't bother trying to justify either call with so called stats, as Atoni has gone after 5 years to another club on povo money and Thompson is getting better and better every week.

We all have our predictions that don't turn out, fuck I had Frawley as a future gun 5/8...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Do you want Baz to say hes not disappointed in the boys that breached protocols then? Or not go after Vaughan and Dufty cos he said he was disappointed in the 5 players that breached protocols? either option is fucking stupid.
He didn't just say he was disappointed, it was more than that. If you can't see any sort of issue here then I can't help you.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Bit harsh mate don't you think?? You were pretty adamant that Thompson was a shit signing and Atoni was a gun and both of these turned out to be not "factual". And don't bother trying to justify either call with so called stats, as Atoni has gone after 5 years to another club on povo money and Thompson is getting better and better every week.
I don't think so, we've seen dufty in the NRL for FIVE YEARS, I don't know how anyone can claim that overall he is very good. It isn't like he's someone looking to break through to top grade or a foreign player coming across to the league. I said I was wrong about Thompson though I still don't think he was the signing we needed and might be out the door by the time we get the players we really need. Hopefully Vaughan and TPJ are those two guys though and Thompson's time with us doesn't go to waste.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Me because we all know what happens when one of our donkey players fuck up again.
your right you piss a lot of people off but your observations are very astute and your always sharpening the angles on certain aspects of our playing group and coaching staff loving your passion man....awsome.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are some in here that are unimpressed with our overall recruitment drive for 2022. Just remember players may look ordinary because the team they currently play for may not suit their style, they sign with another team and become a superstar. The reverse is also possible. So if we bring a player aboard that doesn't fit your ideals of a good acquisition, give them time they may work wonders.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think so, we've seen dufty in the NRL for FIVE YEARS, I don't know how anyone can claim that overall he is very good. It isn't like he's someone looking to break through to top grade or a foreign player coming across to the league. I said I was wrong about Thompson though I still don't think he was the signing we needed and might be out the door by the time we get the players we really need. Hopefully Vaughan and TPJ are those two guys though and Thompson's time with us doesn't go to waste.
I don't actually think Dufty is a good signing as a fullback and tbh I thought JAC was going to get the gig with Allen as backstop, but I am more referring to slagging off at @GrogDog 's opinion that Dufty might overall be good. Its a bit rich to suggest his opinion is rubbish or lacking facts and he doesn't watch games just because you disagree. Your facts have been wrong before just like the rest of us.

And Thomo, he wont be going anywhere and I can see him as a future leader at the club. He is absolute weapon and if he gets to play like he was in SL with Alex Walsmley he will be unstoppable. With TPJ, Vaughn, AVA and "the SUPERSTAR" Hetho :tearsofjoy:doing grunt stuff I reckon Thomo will just go feral.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You do realise that;

There are 2 teams in the 8 currently who have lost 25% more games (10) than they have won (8).

Of course they have had more points scored against them (-40 and -46) than they have themselves scored.

That those 2 teams (St George and Cronulla) are teams that we have beaten this year.

The team running 9th, due to an even worse for and against record (-72), has the same negative win (8) loss (10) ratio.

If this year is anything to judge by, I think you are over estimating what is required to make the 8, by a considerable margin.

Like many on TK, you (the singular you) suffer from a "grass is always greener" view. You (the collective you) watch our games closely and wince at all of the mistakes and then watch the highlights of the other games and think "how good is this guy", but you don't see his mistake because they aren't shown in the highlights. Quite often as with many things in life, the grass is not always greener.

Always a Bulldog
I watch every NRL game for 80 minutes. I don't watch the highlights like you do (you're also basically discrediting anyone who doesn't watch every game, I hope you're not in that boat yourself). I said there's a chance we make the 8 and there's also a chance we win the competition but you can't use that as an expectation. You even said yourself we need injuries to the bottom 2 teams in the 8. We're the wooden spoon team and you said the same thing last year going into this year. I'm just a realist and say it how it is, it has nothing to do with green grass.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The fact that the club has signed both Dufty and Vaughn to only one year deals shows that there is some improvement in the club administration. Compare those decisions with the decisions to sign Stimson n Napa to three year deals and before that the decisions around development contracts that were long term and included top 30 provisions.