Official Paul Vaughan signs for the Bulldogs on a one year deal

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Long enough to see a few wooden spooners do very well the next year champion. And that’s not suggesting we will be top 4 but simply saying that it’s happened a few times in recent history. You won’t have to flick back too far to find examples. Cheers.
A lot on here can’t read lol.
To me pushing for the top 8 is being around 9th to 11th and one win away from the top 8. So pretty much where Newcastle, Raiders and the Titans are sitting currently. But hey, you make a statement they you think dogs will be pushing for the top 8 and automatically they think you just said top 4.
Lol at TK

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
To me pushing for the top 8 is being around 9th to 11th and one win away from the top 8. So pretty much where Newcastle, Raiders and the Titans are sitting currently. But hey, you make a statement they you think dogs will be pushing for the top 8 and automatically they think you just said top 4.
Lol at TK
Coward!!!

I call Bulldogs finishing 1st and winning the comp next year!!!!!

And Liverpool finishing 7th

mez

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I would pick this pack and reason
8 Hetherington............I see signs he will be ready as a starting prop for next season
9 missing Smith
Vaughan....................will provide stability and go forward
11 Pangai jnr..................can be a lethal weapon on the left edge
12 Jackson.......................I know we all prefer him at 13 but must make way for Thompson
13 Thompson.................his game is perfectly suited there and more effective running off bigger forwards

14 JMK..............................will start if Smith isn't signed !
15 Elliott
16 Seumanufagai
17 Doorey / Topine / RFM unfortunately for Ray he is injury prone
Remember there's always a surprise or two !!!
Mostly agree with except BBO in 14 with JMK fighting it out

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol at TK
Yeah I think middle of the table with the squad we have assembled is fair enough. Given we have had no luck with injuries and suspensions this year and still lost games we should have won. With a bit of a boost to the playing options why can’t we be in and around the 8. I think that’s a fair expectation. We can build from there.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think it’s completely reasonable injury permitted to think the now confirmed roster so far to make the top 8.

I don’t think they can compete with the storm or panthers healthy.

Though most other squads as they are? Absolutely.

Plenty of shit teams have turned it round. It’s also a completely different roster and every aspect improved. Backline and pack dramatically. Burton and dufty in the spine.

Yes 09 we did it. Some blokes like Hodgson ? Even Ennis was a journeyman 9.

Noddy was huge as was jmoz.

Anyway we can all surely agree our squad and recruitment has been as good as possible outside maybe missing leinu, Johnson and whatever happens with smith.

Dufty
Jac
Naden
Schoup/alomit
Cotric

Maybe cotric plays 4? Maybe allen forces his way in? Maybe avo plays centre if he can’t handle 6.

Burton and avo/bbo/Flanagan are options.

Jmk/bbo are options for 9 maybe if we land the signing we need we are set.

Vaughan
Thompson
Pangai
Rfm
Jacko

Bench with Elliott hetho Ava isn’t shithouse…. Certainly doesn’t show Stimson and Fucking waddle and Napa so dramatically galaxy’s ahead.

Anyway here’s hoping.

mez

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Now we have signed Vaughn can we play Thommo on an edge? His footwork and pace seem a bit wasted playing him as a battering ram. Would live to see him on an edge.
Just thought about that….Thomson right edge with TPJ on the left….holy shit

Reactions: ATT

HazElMagic

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not sure why ppl dont rate him. When he's on his stats are as good as tedesco or ponga. Last match of his I watched he got like 2 tries, 3 try assists, lb assists etc. He can be inconsistent but so it St George.

Maybe a club change will help there, if hes unhappy there it wont help consistency. I think 1 year is a good idea, will encourage him to be consistent and we can dump him if hes not.
Dufty literally got dropped because of how shithouse he was on the weekend

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think it’s completely reasonable injury permitted to think the now confirmed roster so far to make the top 8.

I don’t think they can compete with the storm or panthers healthy.

Though most other squads as they are? Absolutely.

Plenty of shit teams have turned it round. It’s also a completely different roster and every aspect improved. Backline and pack dramatically. Burton and dufty in the spine.

Yes 09 we did it. Some blokes like Hodgson ? Even Ennis was a journeyman 9.

Noddy was huge as was jmoz.

Anyway we can all surely agree our squad and recruitment has been as good as possible outside maybe missing leinu, Johnson and whatever happens with smith.

Dufty
Jac
Naden
Schoup/alomit
Cotric

Maybe cotric plays 4? Maybe allen forces his way in? Maybe avo plays centre if he can’t handle 6.

Burton and avo/bbo/Flanagan are options.

Jmk/bbo are options for 9 maybe if we land the signing we need we are set.

Vaughan
Thompson
Pangai
Rfm
Jacko

Bench with Elliott hetho Ava isn’t shithouse…. Certainly doesn’t show Stimson and Fucking waddle and Napa so dramatically galaxy’s ahead.

Anyway here’s hoping.
6 out of the top 8 teams are pretty much already decided/guaranteed for next year. Do we have rosters better than the Sharks and Raiders next year to sneak into the 8 (even Knights at full strength)? I don't think we do personally. I have us finishing around 12th next year currently (9th-12th bracket really). Of course there's a small chance we can make the 8 (there's technically a ~1% chance we win the comp) but those aren't expectations. Before we start to see anything from our new recruits and results next year we can't keep falling for the same mistakes. If we go sign a quality hooker then I'd be more optimistic (still need to sort out our halfback position, whether it's Burton, BBO or someone else).