Official Paul Vaughan signs for the Bulldogs on a one year deal

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
DOGS’ CHEEKY BID TO NEGATE VAUGHAN BAN

Canterbury cheekily inquired with World Cup organisers about the prospect of Paul Vaughan serving some of his ban by being named in the Italy squad for the end of season tournament.

Vaughan, who has an eight game suspension hanging over his head, has represented Italy at the past two World Cups.

However, the move fell flat as he was not selected in the squad prior to his suspension. You have to give the Bulldogs plaudits for trying.

Regardless, it is expected the NRL will look favourably on Vaughan and allow him back on the park in time for Canterbury’s opening game of next season.
I believe it has been decided that he serves 8 weeks from this season.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Canterbury cheekily inquired with World Cup organisers about the prospect of Paul Vaughan serving some of his ban by being named in the Italy squad for the end of season tournament.

Vaughan, who has an eight game suspension hanging over his head, has represented Italy at the past two World Cups.

However, the move fell flat as he was not selected in the squad prior to his suspension. You have to give the Bulldogs plaudits for trying.

Regardless, it is expected the NRL will look favourably on Vaughan and allow him back on the park in time for Canterbury’s opening game of next season.
He missed 2 games + there's 6 left this season = his 8 game ban plus he's likely not being paid for the remainder of the year. Smells like a BS story to me.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LOL!!! You’ll be eating your words. We’ll be a mid table team challenging for the 8. If we get a quality hooker and a halfback on top of the players we’ve bought already it will make us a top 4 side. Go have a cold shower mate!
Agree 100% look at the top 4 teams this year they lose their 7 and suddenly they play like a mid table team
We don’t have a top number 7 yet so I expect mid table

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

What a load of shit hahaha
The squads have not been announced and I doubt any nrl players played during the qualifying games.

Anyway he has been cleared to play round 1 next year.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a load of shit hahaha
The squads have not been announced and I doubt any nrl players played during the qualifying games.

Anyway he has been cleared to play round 1 next year.
And as if he doesn't make the Italian squad?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We've done it before. 2008 to 2009 top 2
What about the seasons after the 4 other spoons and what about other teams in the NRL the following season after getting the wooden spoon? I'd say that's a miracle wooden spoon to top 4.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
a lot went right for us in 2009... Folkes stayed for all of 2008 allowing Kevin Moore a fresh start... the 'Dogs also hit it out of the park with recruitment signing 9 players including a rep standard halfback (Kimmorley), a rep standard hooker (Ennis), a rep standard prop at his peak (Hannant), a rep standard centre (J. Morris), a couple rep standard back rowers in Eastwood and Stagg, plus a couple other above average performers (Bryson Goodwin I think) etc.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Part of his punishment should be playing for Italy..:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What about the seasons after the 4 other spoons and what about other teams in the NRL the following season after getting the wooden spoon? I'd say that's a miracle wooden spoon to top 4.
Sorry to mention the Roosters, but they didn't win a game in 1966, made the top 4 in 1967 under Jack Gibson. Only 4 in the semis in those days.