Social Media Brandon Smith rumoured 3 year deal

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I say we move on from Smith. Don't have confidence in him coming in the slightest.

Don't want to get caught out with no one. Personally I'd go all in for the pom. We can't gamble on this and Smith is a massive gamble now.

We need to move on

Belmore Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I say we move on from Smith. Don't have confidence in him coming in the slightest.

Don't want to get caught out with no one. Personally I'd go all in for the pom. We can't gamble on this and Smith is a massive gamble now.

We need to move on
100% we should be offering Hodgson a 2 year contract now.

Smith aint coming.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

We need to move on
Next years pretty much a write off if we don't get him (or someone close to his level). All our eggs are in 1 basket unfortunately (that's what happens when you have ~2 years to address a position and leave it this late). Until there's no chance we can get him no reason to move on. We should also be signing him for 23 worst case scenario, a similar situation to when we signed JAC (which means we need to wait until at least November).

Last edited:

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We been chasing Smith all year

Yet the Warriors take SJ from under our noses and it took one zoom meeting

Gus brushes us

They then get DWZ off us to go with Townsend and now have Lodge immediate releases

Meanwhile in Belmore we still chasing Smith

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Gus brushes us

They then get DWZ off us to go with Townsend and now have Lodge immediate releases

Smith is more valuable to us than all those guys combined tbf. But yh, sign someone already.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
As beast mode said. Smith alone is worth more to us than those 3 combined.

Way I see it is it goes one of two ways.

End of year we have Brandon locked up. Club is able to showboat and take huge wraps for landing us Brandon burton jac and naden and hopefully we lock up Pangai.

Other, club miss Brandon. Look like complete and utter fucktards and are gone within 12 months like the last lot.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As beast mode said. Smith alone is worth more to us than those 3 combined.

Way I see it is it goes one of two ways.

End of year we have Brandon locked up. Club is able to showboat and take huge wraps for landing us Brandon burton jac and naden and hopefully we lock up Pangai.

Other, club miss Brandon. Look like complete and utter fucktards and are gone within 12 months like the last lot.
If we can’t get him for 22 get him 23 and get Kenny for 22 and use him as a back up in 23

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Gus brushes us

If we signed lodge, Townsend or extended DWZ 90% of the kennel would be blowing up.
Johnson was even a 50/50. Walsh was hindsight as I never seen his name mentioned anywhere prior to him leaving the broncs.

There's mixed opinions on TPJ, Taumalolo(due to salary), Any hooker that is linked with us.

Seems whatever the club is planning is going to be the wrong call. From end of last season we have signed Cotric, Allan, Hetherington, Fox, Burton, Nadan, Flanagan, Waddell. We haven't resigned many of the off-contract players. It's a conservative approach that we have bagged the club out for panic buying in the past. We've been linked to anyone that's available, we've had a go at a few and missed out and to be fair we can't sign everyone, especially from our current position on the ladder. All things considered I think we have done well considering our roster state 2 years ago. Let's not forget that when we signed DWZ noone seen that coming. We have money and for the most part we aren't being stupid with it. Sometimes no news is good news

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
how are the Warriors affording mid season switches for DWZ, Townsend and Matt Lodge?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
how are the Warriors affording mid season switches for DWZ, Townsend and Matt Lodge?
They took ~500k into the season + offloaded Maumalo. Something like that.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
AFB and Lodge in the front row with an experienced half in Townsend with Walsh at the back... should be interesting
Their forward packs going to be one of the best next year (+depth) + they have a decent spine. Their backs (1-4) are the issue atm.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
AFB and Lodge in the front row with an experienced half in Townsend with Walsh at the back... should be interesting
Townsend is crap and I don’t see the hype in Lodge. But yes I agree with you on the other two

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Smith aint coming get it into your heads.
We should go hard for Hodgson id even take on tpj ,broncs paying half the freight i hear.
It is worrying we haven’t signed anyone with a heap of funds available.