Meaney signs with Storm

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to Melbourne for 2 years. Then when your contract is up. Come back and you can have the number 1 jersey.

joedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If he ends up being a gun at the storm i will officially start going for the storm hez not shit but hes no great loss

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
how good does he look in that original post photo? wow.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nick is our most consistent back though wether people accept that or not it's true.
I know you’ve got a soft spot for him mate but we should be aiming for better. He may well be the most consistent but I think come next year we’ll have others who will do better. For a player in his position I reckon a move to Melbourne would be very beneficial.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I know you’ve got a soft spot for him mate but we should be aiming for better. He may well be the most consistent but I think come next year we’ll have others who will do better. For a player in his position I reckon a move to Melbourne would be very beneficial.
Of course we will have others that will do better next year, but who else are we signing ATM ? We have so much cap space and I'd rather still give meaney 300k instead of some other plodder to fill the top 30 spots when we could just use juniors to round out the squad is all.

a dogs life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Last ditch attempt but his manager to secure a higher pay for his client? Meaney had potential but his inconsistency really made him into an average player. Storm have a habit of making average players look good in their system.
We couldn’t get the best out of him because we don’t have quality around him to complement. He’ll kill it at the Storm and good luck to him.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s got potential to be a regular first grader somewhere. But we have a lot of those at the moment. Dean Pay said 50 games. He is still roughly the same player he was on debut. Good luck Nick. I would love to see how he would go learning from a real fullback like Paps or Slater. Which loser is training our chaps?

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Admittedly Meaney hasn't set the world on fire over the last few years but can someone suggest to me who has other than Jackson.
I think while on the wing he would probably be more impressive if someone gave him the ball.
He was pretty ordinary under the high ball last week though prior to that he has been safe as houses at the back. Safe while conceding a considerable height variation. One ordinary performance in this regard doesn't deserve assassination.
He is quick and in open space is hard to catch. Perhaps new halves will create greater results for him once he enters the backline. I don't think he has been coached well in the past as his running game from fullback would be better developed by now. He should have been also instructed to get around the ruck from time to time and take up opportunities. It's one thing to say he doesn't do it - but why haven't his former coaches instructed him to do so.
I still think Meaney should be re-signed as I think a combination of things haven't enabled us to see the best of him.
If he re-signs for us and doesn't come up with the goods he then becomes a depth player who can cover positions at a pinch.
That's if he doesn't cost an arm and a leg to keep.

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He needs to be moved on with the majority of the off contract players. He’s been here 3 years long enough and still has so many things to work on in his game. Good luck to him wherever he goes

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course we will have others that will do better next year, but who else are we signing ATM ? We have so much cap space and I'd rather still give meaney 300k instead of some other plodder to fill the top 30 spots when we could just use juniors to round out the squad is all.
Agree...Meaney is a keeper and should be played at fullback....get rid of Allen and keep Meaney....he will go much better with quality players around him next year

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I Han a feeling storm are selling the Nicho June’s to him but want him at min wage or close to it.
Hell of a gamble. Take the low offer for now or chance his atm with a bird in the hand yo

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Why would Meaney go to Melbourne when he doesn’t know who the coach will be next year? Maybe Bellamy will stick around for one more year, maybe not, but it’s almost certain that in 2023 he will be off to the Coaching Directors job at the Donkeys (with Bennett being no chance there) or the new SE Qld club (Bennett’s likely destination). The Donkeys are getting desperate, wouldn’t surprise me in Bellamy takes their $millions offer for next year, either way it‘s no certainty that he will be at Melbourne next year and next to zero chance the year after.

Always a Bulldog

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And if Meaney does go to Melbourne what's slater going to teach him.... how to karate kick defenders in the throat. The grub will probably follow Bellyache anyway.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Storm made Brenko flipping Lee into an Origin player..anything is possible
Mate Queensland don’t have the talent pool that Nsw or even New Zealand have for that matter...

I could make the Queensland train on squad

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Meaney possesses speed, usually he’s safe under the ball, but that’s about it. How many times did he go looking for the offload in the middle of the ruck the past few weeks? Meaney hates contact too….he’s way too soft! He’s not the worst player in the team at all, but he won’t be any great loss if he does go