Mentally weak and rigging

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The penalty try showed were mentally weak. Errors do happen there inevitable but that’s when you need to mentally get yourself back into the game and all I saw was our line speed immediately decrease, our outstanding first half effort gone and us giving up. However the biggest issue of them is the abysmal referring, it’s clear rigging and it barret doesn’t mention it in the press conference this will continue week in week out.
The set restarts on top of Nathan brown incident just let parra stroll over, set restarts on the 5th,4th no player I don’t care what team it is can withhold such pressure. The refs are corrupt and have ruined the game. At 12-10 it’s a mental game, at 18-10 the refs made sure to put us to bed. There needs to be an investigation but of course there won’t because as long as that cheque comes in no one looks twice.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Remember that scene in Good fellas when he stabs the guy repeatedly while he is in the boot because he was not dead? That is the image I had in my head when this ref was giving 6 agains on the 4th and 5th tackle over and over again and sending our player off mins for a late shot for a player that ran into him while ignoring the head high - putting him on report 2 rucks layer with no penalty to us.

This ref was calling held early and as we put the players on the turf, getting clear was being rushed beyond a realistic time frame.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Was a massive mind fuck.!!

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hard when your getting 6 tackle sets when they are getting 10-12 tackles per set

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We've had a losing culture for 4 years. Players don't know how to win let alone ice a game. All they know is how to lose so once a decision goes against them, it's heads down and look forward to next week.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was honestly fucked. Eels forwards asking for six agains before playing the ball and actually getting them
I've got no issue with that tactic by the Eels forwards, I've been calling our players to communicate with the ref's all year, it's like they don't care, no one speaks up and as a result we don’t get six agains.

That's on us.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I could handle losing if it didn't feel like it was orchestrated by the NRL who seem to be the pet of a gambling company. But it seems like every rule change in the last 10 or so years has created grey areas that gave referees options to put whatever spin they wanted on a decision. Once upon a time refs might have made errors and missed things. But at least it was clear cut. Nowadays it's to the point where every decision made has enough grey area that it needs discussion. I'm so fucking sick of the game right now it's not funny. The supporters of the game need to make it abundantly clear that we're over the bullshit. From teams that are seemingly able to fit rep sides under the salary cap right down to match day decisions being so inconsistent and one sided that it's hard not to think the game is rigged. It's our fucking game, we need to oust these turds in charge of it who seem to forget that.

Doggystyle99

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I've got no issue with that tactic by the Eels forwards, I've been calling our players to communicate with the ref's all year, it's like they don't care, no one speaks up and as a result we don’t get six agains.

That's on us.
I’m not saying being vocal is a bad thing, just saying that if gutherson and Jacko both ask for a set restart for similar incidents, only the eels players is gonna receive one. That, coupled with their constant whinging fucking burns me

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
As If the betting agencies were going to let us win.

As if the nrlol isn't going to manipulate games to make the finals "relevant".

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The six agains and high tackle crackdowns have ruined the game and have made the competition far less competitive.

Teams shouldn't have ten tackle sets. It's not rugby. They want to speed the game up with this shit yet they allow captains challenges, review everything they can in the bunker and allow trainers to call time off and conduct a full physical for every little injury. Makes heaps of sense if you're trying to speed the game up..

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The six agains and high tackle crackdowns have ruined the game and have made the competition far less competitive.

Teams shouldn't have ten tackle sets. It's not rugby. They want to speed the game up with this shit yet they allow captains challenges, review everything they can in the bunker and allow trainers to call time off and conduct a full physical for every little injury. Makes heaps of sense if you're trying to speed the game up..
High tackles fair enough its the six agains killing the game

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
High tackles fair enough its the six agains killing the game
Reckless high tackles that do serious damage are fair enough. Minor ones or instances where players are falling and it's minimal contact shouldn't be a sin binning. All common sense and discretion has disappeared from the game.

Last edited:

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reckless high tackles that do serious damage is fair enough. Minor ones or instances where players are falling and it's minimal contact shouldn't be a sin binning. All common sense and discretion has disappeared from the game.
The one on jackson had force behind it thought 10 in the bin was light if it was our guy doing it send off forsure

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The one on jackson had force behind it thought 10 in the bin was light if it was our guy doing it send off forsure
If someone like Hetherington made that same tackle I reckon they would have sent him off.

I'm still confused as to how Nathan Brown could get put on report without us getting a penalty or him going to the bin?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Remember that scene in Good fellas when he stabs the guy repeatedly while he is in the boot because he was not dead? That is the image I had in my head when this ref was giving 6 agains on the 4th and 5th tackle over and over again and sending our player off mins for a late shot for a player that ran into him while ignoring the head high - putting him on report 2 rucks layer with no penalty to us.

This ref was calling held early and as we put the players on the turf, getting clear was being rushed beyond a realistic time frame.
Barrett was pretty animated in his presser about the referee. He claimed that we have to do it tough against big sides, but refs don't help when they award 8-2 repeat sets, especially on the 5th tackle, award penalties 4-1, and go back to penalise a high shot on Parramatta -but not when our winger was taken off for an HIA. He was pretty dirty on the ref, and almost lost his cool.

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cecchin is a cheat.

always has been, always will be

cheat

The Sydney electorate of Blaxland — that includes the suburbs of Bankstown, Auburn and Merrylands — had 73.9 per cent vote No.
Bulldogs fans will probably recall the moment. Winger Sam Perrett had scored in the corner, and while Cecchin considered it a try he deferred to the Bunker and asked if the ball had been passed forward or touched in flight.

The video referee can't rule on forward passes, but this time it did. The try was disallowed. James Graham howled at the moon in disgust.

"I said to check for a forward pass, which I know I shouldn't have done," Cecchin recalls. "Replays showed it was a clear forward pass. The Bunker was the shiny new toy of the NRL and it had been doing really well until then.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If someone like Hetherington made that same tackle I reckon they would have sent him off.

I'm still confused as to how Nathan Brown could get put on report without us getting a penalty or him going to the bin?
Probably because the review was only undertaken when our trainer had asked for play to stop and Katoa to leave the field. The tackle in question was probably a good set and a half previously. Wouldn't look good for the ref and the others to have missed it then, even after I and probably many others saw it when it initially happened.
Don't even get me started on the Thompson one when the contact was actually initiated by the player who was "fouled" running into Thompson and not vice versa.