Official Dallin Watene-Zelezniak signs with New Zealand Warriors

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I would like to ask this- why was there a threat of an EGM last year?? What did the threat achieve? The majority of the board is the same. In reality the threat of the EGM only changed the Chair. All that damaging media for a new Chair. Club is at bottom and has played way worse than last year.
What was the EGM all about?
To remove Lynne Anderson I guess (and eventually her closest cronies).

Dr George said they would be divisive for the club before they ran and appointed 2 extra members in an attempt to stop their majority and influence over decisions (so it was said) so there was deep concern even then.

I have no knowledge of the deep seated reasons why but there was a divide between the factions that ensured the Andersons would always be a controversial factor at the club...whether warranted or not I dont know.

Jabba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Dr George said they would be divisive for the club before they ran and appointed 2 extra members in an attempt to stop their majority and influence over decisions (so it was said) so there was deep concern even then.

I have no knowledge of the deep seated reasons why but there was a divide between the factions that ensured the Andersons would always be a controversial factor at the club...whether warranted or not I dont know.
The problem is we are still signing players on big money but only difference now is they are not playing first grade. Two players on probably close to $1m of our cap playing Reggies- Allen and Flanno. We just bought them and now in Reggie's within a few months of coming over and big chunk of our cap gone for next 3 years. Sounds like we have to wait another 3 years like with God to get $1m back on the cap

Jabba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The problem is we are still signing players on big money but only difference now is they are not playing first grade. Two players on probably close to $1m of our cap playing Reggies- Allen and Flanno. We just bought them and now in Reggie's within a few months of coming over and big chunk of our cap gone for next 3 years. Sounds like we have to wait another 3 years like with Foz to get $1m back on the cap

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The problem is we are still signing players on big money but only difference now is they are not playing first grade. Two players on probably close to $1m of our cap playing Reggies- Allen and Flanno. We just bought them and now in Reggie's within a few months of coming over and big chunk of our cap gone for next 3 years. Sounds like we have to wait another 3 years like with God to get $1m back on the cap
I guess we are all hoping its teething problems and those issues can be fixed as well.

It's why I won't be just faithfully accepting ANY Board, until we see some good decisions being made and they are transparent and accountable.

Reactions: ATT

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Allen is not playing reggies, he’s been injured and will be back soon enough. Flanagan yes was hooked but also injured and played reggies for the first time last week. We’ll see how he goes.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

That’s utterly wrong.
The try-on to increase the League Club Directors from 7 to 9 and hence to try to gain a majority on the football club board was AFTER the football club election of 2018. It was orchestrated by Dib whilst he was still on the League Club board as revenge for losing the football club election, even though The Doctor made the public statements (being League Club Chair at the time). They failed and both the footy and league club have 7 directors - with the footy club having the majority on the league club board (4) - the way Bullfrog had set it up almost 3 decades prior.

Please at least get your facts right before making grandiose statements.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That’s utterly wrong.
The try-on to increase the League Club Directors from 7 to 9 and hence to try to gain a majority on the football club board was AFTER the football club election of 2018. It was orchestrated by Dib whilst he was still on the League Club board as revenge for losing the football club election, even though The Doctor made the public statements (being League Club Chair at the time). They failed and both the footy and league club have 7 directors - with the footy club having the majority on the league club board (4) - the way Bullfrog had set it up almost 3 decades prior.

My point was that Dr George was very worried about the Anderson Board and publicly stated as much (whether Dib put him up to it or not).

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
My point was that Dr George was very worried about the Anderson Board and publicly stated as much (whether Dib put him up to it or not).
Spin it as you wish to try to remain righteous.
Your version was wrong, end of.
Peponis and Dib were allies long before the Anderson ticket even surfaced.
So when you say ‘worried’ - yeah - he might’ve been, but for different reasons than you’re suggesting.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Spin it as you wish to try to remain righteous.
Your version was wrong, end of.
Peponis and Dib were allies long before the Anderson ticket even surfaced.
Nothing I said was incorrect. Peponis did appoint 2 extra appointees as a way of bringing extra oversight (in his opinion) to try and counter the Anderson Board. I confirmed that in my post.

The Dib/Peponis alliance has been well known and not disputed.

You are conflating as usual.

Similar to your saying Baa kicked the field goal to win money on Footy Tab!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Nothing I said was incorrect. Peponis did appoint 2 extra appointees as a way of bringing extra oversight (in his opinion) to try and counter the Anderson Board. I confirmed that in my post.

The Dib/Peponis alliance has been well known and not disputed.

You are conflating as usual.

Similar to your saying Baa kicked the field goal to win money on Footy Tab!
Quote Wendy: ‘Dr George said they would be divisive for the club before they ran and appointed 2 extra members in an attempt to stop their majority and influence over decisions (so it was said) so there was deep concern even then’.

You clearly stated this happened BEFORE they ran and it happened AFTER the 2018 football club election.

Oh but I’m conflating :tearsofjoy:.
If you meant he said they’d be decisive BEFORE and appointed Directors AFTER then say that!

And what does a joke about FootyTab in another thread have anything to do with this? Reaching and incorrect as usual Wendy. But I’m done with you before you run off to the mods again to complain about being ‘harassed’. You have form. Seeya.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Quote Wendy: ‘Dr George said they would be divisive for the club BEFORE they ran and appointed 2 extra members in an attempt to stop their majority and influence over decisions (so it was said) so there was deep concern even then’ AFTER they won.

You clearly stated this happened BEFORE they ran and it happened AFTER the 2018 football club election.

Oh but I’m conflating :tearsofjoy:.
If you meant he said they’d be decisive BEFORE and appointed Directors AFTER then say that!

And what does a joke about FootyTab in another thread have anything to do with this? Reaching and incorrect as usual Wendy. But I’m done with you before you run off to the mods again to complain about being ‘harassed’. You have form. Seeya.
Conflated outrage yet again and mis-representation of what I wrote...just for the sake of taking a petty pot shot.

Fixed it for you.

Goodbye DD.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That’s utterly wrong.

Plain and simple...
Unfortunately all this started when
Some thought they are the Royals therefore they owned the club
Others who spilled blood for the club thought differently
Sadly they all have fallen for the outside influences
I will repeat Unity is strength...Divided we fall !!!