The reason why we are getting monstered

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We can’t make ground one out off the ruck, as Baz says, we are a smaller pack than most, so why don’t we change it up a bit, and so the opposition isn’t compressed in the middle, spread them out, have the dummy half, then either side of the play the ball have one of our halves, then feed to a forward, a bit old school, but I think we need to change things as one out isn’t getting us anywhere

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s pretty obvious but a back row of Elliot, C Smith and Waddell is laughable for first grade these days, and on top of that having Napa in there as well, it’s a recipe for disaster and don’t get me started on s katoa.
we need a whole new forward pack bar Thompson
I agree but fuck Thompson played shit last night, even his effort of the ball was lethargic.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
he didnt seem happy
We ain't paying him to be happy,
We paying him big bucks to turn up do his best and earn his cash.
His happiness is on him.
Happiness is a state of mind.

Fuck his happiness and fuck anyone in this bullshit pc world we live in who thinks it's the clubs responsibility to cater to socks and their bullshit emotions.

This is fucking footy not knitting classes.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeh but we’re talking about who’s bad consistently
The whole team is consistently bad lol. We have some good individual movements here and there but overall as a unit we're fucking useless.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't complicate things, we have a handful of players out of our top 30 that are NRL standard.

I expect 2022 to be very different to this year and last few years gone by.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our pack is undersize we can’t match it with other teams why can’t we go round and use our backs I watched an entertainers video we won the comp attacking through our backs our forwards just held the line except for robbo the rest were tacklers folkes coveny etc

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are getting "Monstered" simply because we don't have any "Monsters".

Go check out the size & weight of the Premiers Storm's forwards & compare them to ours.

Baz acknowledged the size of the Eels many times throughout last night's press conference describingthem as "BIG", & said unless our pack are at 100% then we simply can't compete with them.

Hopefully this means that Baz is on the lookout for monsters of our own

If I've worked it out I'm certain Baz has.
I fully agree with you, & I was thinking the same thing, what happened to the days when we had the monsters? e.g. - Mason, SBW, Kasiano. O'mearly, Asotasi, etc. - guys with size strength & speed, Why don't we look to the Islands like Tonga & Fiji Like Parramatta, Storm, St George, Newcastle , Surely we could find some up & coming stars on low coinage.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Need a 120kg mobile prob and a damaging backrower
Baz said that we won’t be getting quick fixes but we really are in desperate need of a big body atm we should be trying to bring in someone right now for our last spot even if it’s short term
for example dunamis lui who’s not playing right now

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Baz said that we won’t be getting quick fixes but we really are in desperate need of a big body atm we should be trying to bring in someone right now for our last spot even if it’s short term
for example dunamis lui who’s not playing right now
I’d throw 550k at Paul Vaughan for next year. Wel have to make do with what we got for now

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After the win, the experts were saying the tide has turned & we are on a winning streak. That lasted a whole week.

Because Baz can't rotate the bench properly.
Thats what people were saying about Pay.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We ain't paying him to be happy,
We paying him big bucks to turn up do his best and earn his cash.
His happiness is on him.
Happiness is a state of mind.

Fuck his happiness and fuck anyone in this bullshit pc world we live in who thinks it's the clubs responsibility to cater to socks and their bullshit emotions.

This is fucking footy not knitting classes.
You tell 'em Fear.

Need you in there calling out ALL THE BLOODY EXCUSES.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our forwards are our main issue chris smith/elliott/katoa/napa all starters eeeek

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If your packs getting monstered as ours is, we have to change game plan. Would be boring but probably suit if we just use our outside backs to dummy half run, one after the other. Our halves can’t create no one can, so just use Cotric, DWZ, Meaney to dummy half run. Straight in behind the ruck. If we can gain momentum through quick play the balls, straight to Averillo to try his hand. Save our shit forwards for more defensive work, as there obviously struggling to tackle anything at the moment.