Official Brent Naden signs with the Bulldogs until 2023

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
We'd have to contribute I'd say. The club would have to weigh up whether that's worth it or not. If we're going only off this year we should keep him imo.
The only time that strategy has any chance of working is when the player has 2 or 3 years to go on the current contract and the contribution is for the first year only. The real benefit is then gained n the 2nd or 3rd year. That doesn't apply to DWZ as he only has next year to go.

Go Dogs

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If true

1. DWZ
2. JAC
3. Naden
4. Allan
5. Cotric
6. Burton
7. Flanagan

OR

1. DWZ
2. JAC
3. Cotric
4. Naden
5. Okunbor
6. Burton
7. Flanagan

Averillo probably 14 (or developing in reserve grade), long term looking like our fullback.

Now bare minimum we need a quality/elite hooker. We also need a do the job/quality prop too. If somehow we still have salary cap space after those 2 signings a do the job/quality second rower would be the cherry on top (we keep being linked with them, e.g. Piakura, Matterson, Talakai).
Naden was actually fullback and captain 20's at Penrith so he is also an option at the back

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t give a Fick he got on the coke. All of them do. Shit he did it before the biggest game of his life though the **** probz thought he’s not getting on the field after being benched and used fuck all for the few games before off bench from memory. That said no excuse not to prepare like an injury could happen before a Fucking grand final. Young dumb and hopefully learnt. I wouldn’t say I’ve never done something stupid and sure none of you can either.

Dude came on in the grand final and had a huge influence for the panthers attack and was great. Even on the rack night before..: bloke has more attacking talent in his toe than hopa these days.

Could see him and addo carr being lethal and clicking well.

If we get him 300-350k I’d be very happy.
I can't really understand those criticising this potential signing - like there are a lot of other / better options.

Would they rather see Hopa go around again for maybe twice the salary. Are Schoupp / Alamoti 100% ready for 2022 ? Would they rather Gagai on bigger money at the age of 31 next year ? Does anyone seriously believe we're getting Staggs ? (if so I hope you're right but I can't see it happening. Broncs are offering too much money plus a spot in the halves)

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yeah I was just having fun with it. Burton will be a million dollar player in a few years. Naden is very talented but Panthers simply don't have him in the future plans.
Exactly, plenty of options in their cup squad to fill the void
1. Meaney
2. Addo Carr
3. Allan
4. Naden
5. DWZ
6. Burton
7. Flanagan

Pretty strong back line that
Were is Cotric going

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
I think the reality is, Penrith and the Dogs are laughing behind the scenes knowing that their players they have to let go is a part of the process and if they do not go to the Dogs, they will go to other Clubs anyway. This feud and rift is journalists trying to sensationalise a natural process that is a part of the salary cap reality.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The possibility for 2022
1 DWZ / Averillo / Meaney
2 JAC
3 Naden / Alamoti
4 Allen / Schoupp
5 Cotric / Okunbor
6 Burton
7 Flanagan / Wakeham
I would be happy with this back-line knowing some can cover more than one position !!!
Agree, aslong as DWZ or Allan aren't fullback I'm happy.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s basically official. Just saw panthers players being interviewed about it today and they were saying I hope he goes well there etc. so seems to have told his team mates, formalities to follow tomorrow perhaps
Where’d you see those interviews mate?

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
good quality signing he changed the tide of the game when he came on for tyronne may in the gf should of been his spot to start with and the bloke knows how to find the try line well done baz

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Burton is going to be under so much pressure. Poor bastard if he doesn't win us a premiership. :laughing:
Don’t worry, by the time he comes he’ll have some decent players around him. If I was Burton I’d be salivating at the thought of having Alamoti outside of me in the not too distant future.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s basically official. Just saw panthers players being interviewed about it today and they were saying I hope he goes well there etc. so seems to have told his team mates, formalities to follow tomorrow perhaps
Well we do announce everything on Wednesday’s it’s seems so tomorrow or next week or the week after or any way