Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Toby Rudolph

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think people are stupid mate. I know I'm not.

I can't remember what Mr. P has or hasn't said. I love hearing positive news about the Dogs. Enjoy gossip about signings. So when he provides stuff then great.

Remember when I was pretty close to some Liverpool fans who'd get the team sheets early, knew players, physios etc. so got a lot of really good goss. It was clear they got really really good info on potential signings, injuries etc. but at the same time for an outsider not knowing them they got things wrong all the time. And they did. It's just the way it works, which you know.

Saying Mr. P gets things wrong is the same has Mr. P saying he gets things right. Neither can be proven really, can they? He might be passing on honest info, but things can always change. Can't they?

As I said, got a lot of time for you but on this ... just relax dude. Enjoy the win :grinning:
You are right TD...That's how the cookie crumbles !

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Is this cos of last week? They just lost their coach and most the forward pack looked shit. Still think hed be a good addition.
Combination of things. Was always talked up at his time at Redcliffe, all the pre game hype of our state championship against them years ago and Toby was knocked out straight away. I've always seen him as average and his defensive stats back that up, the way the game is moving now you can't carry middle forwards that defend under 90% efficiency... Sure you could mask it in the regular season, but when all the chips are down in finals they will always be found wanting. Couple that with what we would likely have to pay, big red flags imo.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Is this cos of last week? They just lost their coach and most the forward pack looked shit. Still think hed be a good addition.
Probably because he has a poor defensive miss in him pretty much every game. He's an upgrade and would strengthen the pack but he's hardly good value if some of the reported $$$ turn out to be true.

We could keep Renouf for probably less than half his coin (we should be keeping him no matter what anyway) who is producing good numbers and is continuing to improve and save the extra cash for a higher tier forward. Obviously there isn't any on the market for this season, though one or two may become available as the season progresses.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Combination of things. Was always talked up at his time at Redcliffe, all the pre game hype of our state championship against them years ago and Toby was knocked out straight away. I've always seen him as average and his defensive stats back that up, the way the game is moving now you can't carry middle forwards that defend under 90% efficiency... Sure you could mask it in the regular season, but when all the chips are down in finals they will always be found wanting. Couple that with what we would likely have to pay, big red flags imo.
Probably because he has a poor defensive miss in him pretty much every game. He's an upgrade and would strengthen the pack but he's hardly good value if some of the reported $$$ turn out to be true.

We could keep Renouf for probably less than half his coin (we should be keeping him no matter what anyway) who is producing good numbers and is continuing to improve and save the extra cash for a higher tier forward. Obviously there isn't any on the market for this season, though one or two may become available as the season progresses.
both good points, fair enough

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Taumalolo??

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Rudolf's the best prop off contract (there were a few other targets I wanted before they were re-signed but we either missed out on them, e.g. Leinu or didn't go after them, e.g. Guler), he's going to be expensive, but I think he's exactly what we need for next year. I hope this is true :D . Also locks are either props or second rowers, Rudolf is a prop lock so he'll have no issue at all playing prop.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
A mate who has some pretty reliable info within the sharks told me that Adam Reynolds is a done dea at Cronulla and rudolf is a done deal for us think it’ll be a good signing
Probably. Hopefully he's a fair bit better than what he is at the Sharks, not really a major upgrade at this stage and is another forward that isn't much of a defender imo.