Opinion Action needs to be taken against Penrith immediately

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to say it but I can see us backing down. We’ll end up with Naden and 1 other and Burton will stay. Should go all out for Reynolds now I’d say.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hate to say it but I can see us backing down. We’ll end up with Naden and 1 other and Burton will stay. Should go all out for Reynolds now I’d say.
If Lynn was still chairman I’d be worried

But she’s not and it ain’t happening

He’s coming to the Dogs or he’s watching on TV for the next two years

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Three years sitting out your career or 3 years building you legacy as a player in first grade running your own team..?

Over to you Matt? That is the only response that should come from our club and management. Tallis sat out a year, can you do 3..

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Riff with high level shit stirring game.

If he's genuinely looking to get out of two contracts in two months I'll eat another hat.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
WTF is this thread? Did EVERYONE miss the fact we were publicly telling Burton to break his contract all off season?
Breaking a contract when you aren’t getting a run and rotting in reserve grade is a bit different to getting the opportunity to start in the position you want weekly.
Oh and for 5 times the $$$

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
surely, Bryan Fletcher is just trolling... a kick us while we are down moment... because what is the upside for the Panthers? it is not an agreement in principle we have with Burton but rather a signed and registered contract that will need to be broken by Burton and/or terminated by us

and if that were to occur, we will be granted a strong bronze medallist in looking like sh*t but Burton and the Panthers will be the gold and silver medallists respectively... the Panthers have clearly preferred Cleary and Luai over Burton, have started Burton in reserve grade this season, have denied him an opportunity for an early release to earn more money this year, have admitted fair has nothing to do with it, and have also made it clear that he was surplus to requirements at the Panthers IF there was a good enough trade with Canterbury... but now with Burton committed to us from next year, the Panthers will encourage him to break a contract?

and for Burton, his reputation would be somewhere between DCE's backflip and SBW's infamy... and all this for a 10-12 FG game inexperienced kid

oh, f*+# Penrith... Westie trash acting like they are Real Madrid

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is a funny situation lol, Penrith realised how badly they fucked up and are trying to save face by choosing Luai
who I think is massively overrated.... he’s good but a very unstructured player and he works well in Penrith systems but could be underwhelming elsewhere

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't it funny that every time we get mentioned as having talks with Off Contract Penrith players, such as this week in Naden & Capwell, those arse holes always stir shit up.

F@ck I can't wait until they lose the GF again or a knock out semi prior.
They think that the luck will just keep going their way, their in for a rude shock.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And this is exactly why the rule allowing clubs to sign players a year before they're able to leave their current club is fucked. The situation should have been avoided. They're going to be creating an emotional tug of war for Burton. If they get in his ear enough he may have second thoughts and if that does happen we'll be painted as the bad guys for standing our ground. If he does decide he wants to stay I hope the club shows some backbone for once and says they're going to hold him to the contract.