News Bulldogs Jack Hetherington facing lengthy ban after being sent off for tackle on Valentine Holmes

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hetherington was always a going to be a dud purchase. With the amount of loading he had before he came to us meant everytime he sneezed he was going to be rubbed out of the game for a number of weeks at a time. He is a liability and it’s only going to get worse. A poor investment.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hetherington was always a going to be a dud purchase. With the amount of loading he had before he came to us meant everytime he sneezed he was going to be rubbed out of the game for a number of weeks at a time. He is a liability and it’s only going to get worse. A poor investment.
I was hoping he'd be abit more disciplined and focus on running hard instead of being a head hunter but looks like nothings changed. He's Jared waerea Hargreaves without any of the good things JWH offers his team

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was hoping he'd be abit more disciplined and focus on running hard instead of being a head hunter but looks like nothings changed. He's Jared waerea Hargreaves without any of the good things JWH offers his team
Yep. Can’t argue your points. We all had high hopes of a changed man but we got the same same but different Jack.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
deserving of a send off, hetherington plays very aggressively today while not intentional was very lazy very careless, any player of similar playing style are dealt with partly by reputation and past history by on field referees
That's right. His reputation got him sent off whereas Radley's didn't.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So its Hopmes fault? Fucking lol
It has long been the unwritten rule that accidents like when a player is stepped & the tackler hangs an arm out & catches him - it is not a send off - like Radley. DWZ was different & should have been sent.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Happy for it to be a send off but they’ve set the precedent now, needs to be a send off for every similar incident in every game going forward.
But ask yourself - why is it always the Bulldogs that they make an example of?

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He's been trying his guts out

Hethrington is a good buy imo, he's a good member of a forward pack as he's tough, tries hard and runs hard and brings aggression but we really need a top shelf prop who can help out
Mate please don’t talk sense on this forum, some members Might call the FBI and report aliens are using an nrl forum lol

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
He knows he fucked up, maybe something pissed him off?
His offload got us the first try, he runs hard and is pretty new to first grade, I reckon he is going to be a good player if the Dogs stick by him.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope DWZ was worse IMO. He should have been sent off Hetherington no - just like Radley!
All 3 should have been sent. Any charge where there are 3 week suspensions should have been sent off. Latrell Mitchell should have been as well this week. In general refs have become way too soft and players are getting away with absolutely anything. The report system is the biggest load of trash in the NRL, it has made refs soft.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My only issue with the send off was that he got him on the throat, no where near the chin or head. Holmes had no adverse effects of the tackle. If he was dazed or HIA or couldnt play any further part in the game then 100000% its a send off.

The guy would have gotten up and played the ball if it wasnt a penalty. I have seen later shots, higher shots, harder shots let go/just penalised. Not that it really made a difference in the game but was a huge call with 27 mins to go.

Also why wasnt kyle feldt sin binned for running in? Didnt even speak to him about running in.

Any contact with the head or chin with a swinging arm, I would say 1000% is a send off. But there is just no consistency at all with this joke of a game. The 6 again is a dumb rule. The lack of scrums is a dumb rule. Sometimes its a hand over, sometimes its a scrum, sometimes its a penalty and others its a 6 again.

The calling everything a try is also dumb (no more checking it upstairs). Rules need to go back as they were because this game will be unwatchable in 15 years with the stupid rules that have come about. It seemed like cowboys lost the ball twice while scoring yesterday, but they never showed a replay of it. Makes you wonder why they just award the try and then dont even analyse the put down...... Funny when you get in bed with someone who is in bed with betting agencies... It is one huge/messy gangbang and not the type that you fascinate about.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I missed the game but saw the replay and it looked ordinary. However...p.lease explain to me how on earth Holmes is free interchanged with Hess at AT 55.34 and then Holmes returns as a free interchange for Molo at 56-14. Just what damage did they assess and why did they get TWO free interchanges????

Last edited:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
This happens every year to a frustrated rookie, not the first time.
There needs to be a study if its deliberate or not.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m fine with the send off. It was reckless and forceful. What pusses me off is that late elk didn’t get matched the night before. If hetherington gets 3-4 weeks for that shot, latrell should get 5-6.