ATTN ALL: Regarding Sir Col the Mushroom

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sir col isn't doing so well ,been informed by @Poppa and had a bit of a yarn so put your well wishes here so he knows the kennel is thinking of him .
Just had a quick chat with him and was told to tell you all .he is looking foward to the parra dogs game coming up and even if he is dead ( his words lol)he will looking down on us having a laugh how the eels beat us.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Best wishes Sir Col. I hope you get to come here for a bit of respectful gloating after the game. But like your old partner in crime Drop bear, you've earned the respect of plenty in here. Hard to know what to say, but hope that you aren't in a lot of pain and that you have plenty of loved ones around to support you mate.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
All the best Col. You know we all love you here, despite your poor fashion taste in trying to match blue and gold.

Stay strong Col. Come enjoy the game. Even though we'll all be watching it with our eyes closed and our ears covered.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dear Kennel friends,

We have recently been contacted by @Poppa via DM who is a close friend of Drop Bear (RIP) and @Sir Col 'The Mushroom'.

Unfortunately, Sir Col is in Pallative care at this home in Redcliffe, QLD and I'm sad to share that his life expectancy is likely to be less than 3 weeks.

A message has been passed on to @Poppa to share with us here on The Kennel.

"Sir Col also indicated that he had great friends at the Kennell amongst them @ASSASSIN , @Mr 95% and Mr Invisible. What Sir Col would like to do is pass on his regards before his passing to anyone that remembers him and would like to say good bye."

This is horrible news and very sad.

We have Sir Col's direct phone number and if you would like to say goodbye to him directly, please reach out to @Poppa directly, and he can share his number with you.

We have a solid strong community, this just reminds me of how great this forum is and that no matter what, or who you are, we are always supportive of each other at the end of the day.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Words can never express the degree of sadness I am feeling at the moment in hearing that one of our family is facing this.

Sir Col, my respect for you is immense in both the way you have lived your life and your kindness to others. Your taste in footy sides however is debatable. All jokes aside I hope you are there on the side line cheering on your team and I will not be upset if our side loses..........

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
@Poppa is the legend ok? Still waiting for him to call back. Hope He is Ok.

I wanted to tell him I'm the coach of the Wenty U9s (Parra feeder) and I'm going to name the best and fairest trophy the Pete and Col trophy to honor those crazy Eels.

If you read this @Sir Col 'The Mushroom', it would be my honor and privilege to name the trophy after two legends in Pete and yourself.

Keep fighting you tough bastard, that's an order, SOLDIER!

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Guys, anyone get through to him? I know he can't answer whenever he wants, just want to know of he is ok

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
UPDATE

Just got off the phone with the man himself, he is a fucking legend! Makes Southy and I sound like pre school teachers lol

He passes on his regards and thanks to us and is looking forward to our game. He will come on and stir shit when he can.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I went back and did some digging to see if I knew Col.
Turns out we had some interactions and they were positive, he seemed a legit stand up guy.

Just pray that he is in a comfortable place, or that he comes back, because miracles can happen. Seen it happen.

just hope the dogs get a win at least in the next fortnight to provide some joy.

Last edited:

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
I hope you're doing as well as possible, Sir Col. I'm sure we'll all meet up for a few beers one day and watch Dogs vs Eels in the grand final.
Now I'm no psychic, but I'm tipping we'll just sneak in by a field goal in golden point time ;)

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I hope you're doing as well as possible, Sir Col. I'm sure we'll all meet up for a few beers one day and watch Dogs vs Eels in the grand final.
Now I'm no psychic, but I'm tipping we'll just sneak in by a field goal in golden point time ;)
We decided if Parra fight as hard as Col and Dogs are as stubborn as me, we will end up with a 40-all draw with all the players being dragged off the field lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I went back and did some digging to see if I knew Col.
Turns out we had some interactions and they were positive, he seemed a legit stand up guy.

Just pray that he is in a comfortable place, or that he comes back, because miracles can happen. Seen it happen.

just hope the dogs get a win at least in the next fortnight to provide some joy.
Nice post to come bacl with bro.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
UPDATE

Just got off the phone with the man himself, he is a fucking legend! Makes Southy and I sound like pre school teachers lol

He passes on his regards and thanks to us and is looking forward to our game. He will come on and stir shit when he can.
I had a lovely chat with Col and he is a legend. What a man, what an inspiration..... If anyone should be kicking stones it should be Col but no way Mr positivity all the way. Keep the messages coming on here people as he does appreciate the sentiments.