Round 5 Team

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is there a difference with development players eg: Topine or both just outside the 30 regardless? I know any contracted player can be named in the 21, but there are restrictions for the 19 and 17 - I’m just not sure how the Development player rule applies there?
I think once JMK is back we have to promote Topine. Unless it's after Round 11, then he and others from our junior list are allowed to play the rest of the season.

JMK is out a while so thankfully Topine should be able to play the rest of the season without issues.

It's trying to promote or get an exemption for Deitz, Doorey and Schoupp that will be problematic before round 11.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I think once JMK is back we have to promote Topine. Unless it's after Round 11, then he and others from our junior list are allowed to play the rest of the season.

JMK is out a while so thankfully Topine should be able to play the rest of the season without issues.

It's trying to promote or get an exemption for Deitz, Doorey and Schoupp that will be problematic before round 11.
Yeah cheers I was referring to pre R11, I’m aware of that rule, sorry if not clear. As for the final spot in the 30, we could promote now but I’m guessing they’re keeping it open to see if any other talent pops up before 1 August. Probably not much point closing that window now given finals aren’t going to happen this year, better to roll the dice and see if anyone pops up.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just hope that Barret bites the bullet and plays Topine at 9 and developed hi\m their, he belongs in the NRL, and is to small to be a Kikau or a Fifita. It dosen't look like we are going to find atop No9 and he may turn out to be just as good very loyal and a lot cheaper.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I just hope that Barret bites the bullet and plays Topine at 9 and developed hi\m their, he belongs in the NRL, and is to small to be a Kikau or a Fifita. It dosen't look like we are going to find atop No9 and he may turn out to be just as good very loyal and a lot cheaper.
I wouldn't be against it but I don't think he will. Topine did pretty well there but his service isn't great as he's not a hooker so it's probably better for his long term development if he plays lock off the bench or starts at lock or an edge in the coming weeks.

Katoa will likely stay at hooker as average as he is and Topine can spell him if need be. Hopefully Deitz can come onto the bench as we need his spark in attack.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is there a difference with development players eg: Topine or both just outside the 30 regardless? I know any contracted player can be named in the 21, but there are restrictions for the 19 and 17 - I’m just not sure how the Development player rule applies there?
Good question.. unfortunately the nrl have not provided enough content about development players and train and trail players.. im only going off what Baz has said and other well informed members of the kennel..

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id go:

1. Hoppa
2. DWZ (right)
3. Cotric (right)
4. Allen (left)
5. Katoa (left)
6. Lewis
7. Flagina
8. Thompson
10. Hetho
11. Jackson
12. Elliot
13. Atoni

14. Topine
15. Ogden
16. Wadell
17. Napa

If Avo is fit. Maybe try him on the wing and swap into FB for attacking sets in the opp 50. Then again is it wise to against Melbourne.

K will be starting 9. But fuck him. Will never name him there.
I get immediate heart burn reading the name Waddell. It must be like a triggering word for my anxiety or something.

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ill be after Ben Barba for a 2 year deal. Our dally medal winner. I know he has done trouble, but on a 200k deal why not, his playing reserve grade.

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We're going to lose this week regardless, but people need to realise it was 14-0 yesterday after 50 minutes and we competed really well til that point. Obviously we shouldn't be happy with 14-0, but the scoreline didn't reflect how well we played to that point.

If Lewis didn't get injured early, we could have scored some points which would have changed the game. We'll likely get smashed again this week, but hopefully we can be competitive with Thompson, Jackson and DWZ back and play for 80 minutes and actually score a point..

1: Allan
2: Cotric (time to play him at his best position, right wing)
3: Averillo
4: Hopoate
5: DWZ
6: Lewis
7: Flanagan
8: Thompson
9: Topine
10: Hetherington
11: Elliott
12: Jackson
13: Renouf

14: Deitz (promote him. We need an attacking spark)
15: Doorey
16: Ogden
17: Waddell/Crapa
Topine cant play because josh jackson is back need nrl exemption.
Will wait and see, there is a possibility that the dogs will get a player next week, Barrett will go in the market and by some spark.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ill be after Ben Barba for a 2 year deal. Our dally medal winner. I know he has done trouble, but on a 200k deal why not, his playing reserve grade.
Will the nrl register a contract?

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depending on eligibility with our team I’d run with this for a week.

1. Avo (kick returns will make him run more)
2. Allan
3. Schoupp or Hoppa(don’t know why we don’t have more depth on top 30)
4. Cotric
5. DWZ
6. Lewis
7. Flanno
8. Thompson
9. Deitz
10. Hetherington
11. Elliot
12. Doorway
13. Jacko

14. Topine
15. Renouf
16. Ogden
17. Napa

Cotric to right side. Reluctantly select Napa and Ogden. I think big Ava is injured?
We need some more strike forwards for the coming years

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thomo, Jackson, DWZ, Doorey and Chris Smith if fit should come into the side. Topine retained.
I was at the mounties game yesterday and Chris Smith did not play well at all.. he's a fair bit off the pace atm..

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Team this week

1. Averillo
2. DWZ
3. Hopoate
4. Cotric
5. Allan
6. Wakeham (Lewis out with Concussion)
7. Flanagan

8. Thompson
9. Katoa
10. Ogden
11. Elliott
12. Jackson (as Waddell is out with Cantackleitis & RFM out)
13. Atoni

14. Topine
15. Hethrington (big impact to replace Offa after 17min)
16. Smith
17. Deitz or if no exemption then - Doorey

Banned from 1st grade are Napa & Stimpson
In the naughty corner for a loooooooong time is Waddell

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was at the mounties game yesterday and Chris Smith did not play well at all.. he's a fair bit off the pace atm..
Never rated him so over rated on here ,doorey,topine must haves

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He is definitely not a hooker, will be a lock or edge forward long-term. Will probably be forced to playe there for the time being considering how shit all our other options are.