Round 4 Bulldogs V Souths - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
No mate that are copping repercussions from their own bad performances.
Dropping Averillo is the right choice in my opinion.
Allen has been meh at the back and going off Meany’s game on the weekend I can see why they have opted for the swap.

what do you suggest we do with flanagan?
I don't think Averillo was dropped, he is carrying ankle injury.

Meaney deserves a chance back at fullback, he has put together a couple of solid games, don't mind that move.

NFI how Katoa has kept his spot though, I know we are short on backs and maybe Barrett wants to give him another shot rather than dropping him after one poor performance.

a dogs life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Meaney deserves a chance back at fullback, he has put together a couple of solid games, don't mind that move.

NFI how Katoa has kept his spot though, I know we are short on backs and maybe Barrett wants to give him another shot rather than dropping him after one poor performance.
Think you’ll see Meany and Allen swap around and share fullback.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No mate that are copping repercussions from their own bad performances.
Dropping Averillo is the right choice in my opinion.
Allen has been meh at the back and going off Meany’s game on the weekend I can see why they have opted for the swap.

what do you suggest we do with flanagan?
Go look at @Aristidiz thread and he highlighted what some us saw. Multiple instances where Flanagan flat out ignored the right option out the back of Averillo/Allan and took the wrong play. He hits the right option and all of sudden Jake has two try involvements and Allan one and we're scoring multiple tries before Broncos even have one. Elliott doesn't have a stroke and that's a third involvement for Jake and try for Flanagan. JMK grounds the ball and that's another.

My point is that as bad as we were and as much as I don't agree with the decisions Baz has made with out systems we still had multiple opportunities that could've easily been tries and in the end resulted in a totally different scoreline. Too many of these opportunities were wasted by Flanagan yet the other two seem to have copped it for his failures.

I don't think he needed to blow up the 17, but the fact that he did and refused to make changes to things like Hoppa at centre and Cotric at left centre is absolutely laughable. Cotric has absolutely no business being at left centre, has 0 affinity to the role while Hoppa is just a straight up liability at centre.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Happy to see TB trying people. This year he can use to run various players for various periods, to sort the keepers from the throw backs before next season.

Not sure if Averillo injured, but if not some time in reggies wont hurt. He will be good (not sure halves are his go though) but hes also very green and is developing. A step down a grade to get his confidence back wont hurt him.

Lewis is capable at times. If he can remove some of the errors in his game.... Good to see Topine get a run. We need to be trying fowards the most. If we can uncover a real prospect or 2 in the forwards it will be really handy and needed.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who actually owns the Bulldogs?
The football club members. Canterbury Bankstown Football Club is a non for profit organization with no shareholders(owners). The shareholders are called members who do not receive any profit but elect a board to run the club. Any profit or surplus of funds are re-invested into the football club.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The football club members. Canterbury Bankstown Football Club is a non for profit organization are non shareholders(owners). The shareholders are called members who do not receive any profit but elect a board to run the club. Any profit or surplus of funds are re-invested into the football club.
I'm going to buy the club when I win Lotto

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

avo is not nominated in reserve grade, Deitz is so he musnt be injured

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on Barrett, you dont have to justify your two great signings in Waddell and Hetherington.

Doorey for Waddell
Atoni @ prop
Hetherington for Chris Smith @ lock
Yes these will be good changes no doubt

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Avo isn’t injured. He’s been dropped and listing an injury prevents the media from going to town on the “Dogs’ pursuit of Burton has affected Averillos form to the point of being dropped” narrative
Totally agree with this, it happens alot these days to protect the player from the dirt bag media

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Hoping Lewis playing on the left means passing right to left will mean he will be less shit... Hopefully... Please!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
For those thinking the Averillo ankle injury is bullshit..

He did it in captain’s run - total reason Lachlan Lewis was pulled from Cup. Lewis confirmed it in pre match interview v Canberra on Saturday.