Social Media Brandon Smith rumoured 3 year deal

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Block Of Cheese has the mongrel and attitude we were all expecting of Hetherington, would love Cheese for his passion and aggression alone.
I've not given up on Hetho yet, it has gotta be hard to really put it out there if you don't feel like your pack mates are going to be with you. We need a leader to really come out and put the foot down, tell the rest of the forwards that they are going to get out there and smash blokes, hit the ball up like a maniac, and find the right offloads, and the rest can get in line and follow or get stuffed.

Maybe Thommo can do that...

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I've not given up on Hetho yet, it has gotta be hard to really put it out there if you don't feel like your pack mates are going to be with you. We need a leader to really come out and put the foot down, tell the rest of the forwards that they are going to get out there and smash blokes, hit the ball up like a maniac, and find the right offloads, and the rest can get in line and follow or get stuffed.

Maybe Thommo can do that...
The Cheese is the closest thing to a modern day Terry Lamb.

headless

Waterboy
Reaction score
We didn’t get the young second rower from Brisbane Trent said looks like his staying in Brisbane

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As if he is going to come to this shit hole? He can smell the stench of losing from Melbourne.
I don't think he'll come as he's Titans or Warriors bound in my opinion. We need to go all out to get Clark.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Errrr I farkin hope not. HE IS NOT A FIRST GRADE STANDARD DUMMY HALF FFS!!! A good lock at best... this is a Dean Pay signing if ever I seen one! Bad move from the Dogs and it wont solve any problems we currently have blind Freddy can see that.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it was reported on Foxsports that Brandon Smith will stay on at Melbourne for 2022 and the Titans and the 'Dogs are now looking at Daryl Clark

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
it was reported on Foxsports that Brandon Smith will stay on at Melbourne for 2022 and the Titans and the 'Dogs are now looking at Daryl Clark
Unless we can trick him into thinking were at belmore beach, he would go to the titans for sure

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Said a long time ago that he should've been out #1 target from the beginning. All this fucking about over Smith, should've got Clark in the bag first
[/QUOTE
I was just watching the game preview of Castleford v Warrington, the commentator referred to Clark as a one trick pony, it makes me wonder is he the right man for us ???
Ironically he started on the bench.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
MAybe not? BUt looking around the world, where's this elusive hooker we're after? It doesn't seem to be Smith so ... Add to that the need for a good prop or so ...

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Will keep saying it Blayke Brailey is the one we want. He played all his juniors with Flanagan and they worked well together at Newtown. Barrett will be sticking with Flanno long term (so long as daddy doesn't get a gig anywhere) so it's the best long term solution.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Will keep saying it Blayke Brailey is the one we want. He played all his juniors with Flanagan and they worked well together at Newtown. Barrett will be sticking with Flanno long term (so long as daddy doesn't get a gig anywhere) so it's the best long term solution.
He's a good player and would be a massive upgrade if we could get him. He's not a star player by any means, but like his brother he's a good defender who provides great service. Blayke has more of a running game too.

The spelling of the name Blayke is just horrible though. Haha.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barrett will be sticking with Flanno long term (so long as daddy doesn't get a gig anywhere) so it's the best long term solution.
I'm not too sure how loyal Baz will be with Flanno if he doesn't start aiming up. To me Burton looks like the player we need to build the club around. His kicking game alone is enough for him to be a 10 year player at our club. TBH I hope BBO is our long term 6 or 7. Unlike Flanno he is actually a threat with the ball. He would be the attacking spark in the spine we haven't had since Barba

Like you said if his old man gets a gig, which is very likely, then I reckon Kyle will be out the door so I dont think we should be putting all our eggs in the Flanno basket...leave the eggs for Burton

Malla

Reaction score
Agree with this.

And Flanno is a good half, we just do not have a good team around him. Need to remember he is basically still a rookie, he's played at Sharks then Roosters who all had exceptional teams and great forwards around him.. much the opposite with us.

But one thing we have almost sorted is our spine. Half and 5/8 in Burton and Flanno are great. If we can get Brailey then thats another tick. I know it reads good on paper having Brandon Smith but I do not think he is worth the coin being rumored. I think that money is better served addressing the holes in our forward pack.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Think this will sound wrong but agree we need our holes addressed STAT :laughing:
Looking unlikely but i'd still love Brandon here otherwise it seems we need to buy some good forwards and a quality 9 for next year or this potentially really good 6/7 combo won't mean shit!