Social Media Brandon Smith rumoured 3 year deal

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Said a long time ago that he should've been out #1 target from the beginning. All this fucking about over Smith, should've got Clark in the bag first
To the best of my knowledge we have made at least 2 offers to Daryl Clark, the first one was back in 2015 via James Graham during the England camp, which he turned down. The more recent in 2019 he was refused a release by Warrington, he does not have an NRL "get out of gaol" clause in his contract.

Go Dogs

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge we have made at least 2 offers to Daryl Clark, the first one was back in 2015 via James Graham during the England camp, which he turned down. The more recent in 2019 he was refused a release by Warrington, he does not have an NRL "get out of gaol" clause in his contract.

Go Dogs
Supposedly Brent Read has said that they're willing to let him pursue NRL offers and won't chase a transfer fee. I'd be more confident if Hill was still CEO to get a deal done.. With Holbrook and his links to the ESL, plus the appeal of their squad.. It's going to be tough to out recruit them. Hopefully we can get it done though.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Supposedly Brent Read has said that they're willing to let him pursue NRL offers and won't chase a transfer fee. I'd be more confident if Hill was still CEO to get a deal done.. With Holbrook and his links to the ESL, plus the appeal of their squad.. It's going to be tough to out recruit them. Hopefully we can get it done though.
We should have more cap space than the Tits so if we have to outbid them so be it. This is a position we need to pay overs for. We also have Thommo who can hopefully talk us up.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Errrr I farkin hope not. HE IS NOT A FIRST GRADE STANDARD DUMMY HALF FFS!!! A good lock at best... this is a Dean Pay signing if ever I seen one! Bad move from the Dogs and it wont solve any problems we currently have blind Freddy can see that.
Yeah the rule changes have sealed the deal he is lock his service and vision is pretty ordinary from DH but I would take him at lock in a heart beat he’d be a massive upgrade on the shit we have in the forwards ATM

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He's a good player and would be a massive upgrade if we could get him. He's not a star player by any means, but like his brother he's a good defender who provides great service. Blayke has more of a running game too.

The spelling of the name Blayke is just horrible though. Haha.
I thought Kempsey dog had fucked up the spelling that’s woeful. Apologies @kempseydog

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not too sure how loyal Baz will be with Flanno if he doesn't start aiming up. To me Burton looks like the player we need to build the club around. His kicking game alone is enough for him to be a 10 year player at our club. TBH I hope BBO is our long term 6 or 7. Unlike Flanno he is actually a threat with the ball. He would be the attacking spark in the spine we haven't had since Barba

Like you said if his old man gets a gig, which is very likely, then I reckon Kyle will be out the door so I dont think we should be putting all our eggs in the Flanno basket...leave the eggs for Burton
I want to see Flanno with a 5/8 that can support him before assessing whether he is good for the team or not. He needs a 5/8 that takes a bit of pressure off him. Avo has not supported his halves partner like most 5/8's should just like Luai with Cleary. Luai gets in there and shows initiative and makes other teams second guess what they are doing. That's what you call taking pressure off your half back. With us, we are very predictable because Avo is not involved enough and Flanno feels he has to be on the ball every play causing us to be too predictable.

Once Burton comes over it will be a he'll of a lot different. Barrett's won't judge Flanno until he is paired with Burton where there is no doubt we will have a better balance.

Let's lay off Flanno seriously (not finger pointing btw). He is at a new club, new systems and new players around him with running the team on his shoulders. He'll be better for the experience and ready for Burton when he comes over.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's a good player and would be a massive upgrade if we could get him. He's not a star player by any means, but like his brother he's a good defender who provides great service. Blayke has more of a running game too.

The spelling of the name Blayke is just horrible though. Haha.
Yeh i bet the parents wear sandles with socks and frequent the byron bay area

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Smith seems to be saying in recent interviews that he'll stay at Melbourne next season.

I didn't think he was a realistic option anyway as he'd prefer other clubs but he seems content being a middle forward for the next few years. Which probably best suits his game...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I want to see Flanno with a 5/8 that can support him before assessing whether he is good for the team or not. He needs a 5/8 that takes a bit of pressure off him. Avo has not supported his halves partner like most 5/8's should just like Luai with Cleary. Luai gets in there and shows initiative and makes other teams second guess what they are doing. That's what you call taking pressure off your half back. With us, we are very predictable because Avo is not involved enough and Flanno feels he has to be on the ball every play causing us to be too predictable.

Once Burton comes over it will be a he'll of a lot different. Barrett's won't judge Flanno until he is paired with Burton where there is no doubt we will have a better balance.

Let's lay off Flanno seriously (not finger pointing btw). He is at a new club, new systems and new players around him with running the team on his shoulders. He'll be better for the experience and ready for Burton when he comes over.
That is literally Flanagans role, to play on the ball. He's the one that consistently takes the wrong option, plays sideways, and ignores his other playmakers. Go take a look at @Aristidiz thread and he highlights it perfectly with our game against the Broncos.

This isn't all his fault, the other players and coaching staff also contribute. But the simple fact is until he delivers or takes a step back then we aren't scoring shit. This is what happens when you have system that is too reliant on a single player.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Read one today. Starting to doubt he even leaves ffs. Maybe 2023 or if Bellamy fucks off.

Seriously we needed him badly. I hope we have someone lined up. Otherwise we are fucked for years still. Jmk and Katoa are Fucking putrid. Not nrl standard. We need a fucking for almost a decade now. Seriously we are kidding ourselves.

Burton and addo carr and cotric are great signings. We seriously need to fucking deliver another 5 to get a hooker some forwards and someone to replace Fucking the statue.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need a gun hooker.
Most important position in the modern game.
IMO.
Korisau, Harry Grant, Hodgson, Cook.

To a lesser extent even Jake Friend and definitely Verrills.

Those top teams all have gun hookers controlling the game

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We need a gun hooker.
Most important position in the modern game.
IMO.
Korisau, Harry Grant, Hodgson, Cook.

To a lesser extent even Jake Friend and definitely Verrills.

Those top teams all have gun hookers controlling the game
Jake Friend will be lucky to keep playing.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jake Friend will be lucky to keep playing.
Yeah he is one over vigorous sneeze away from medical retirement due to too many concussions!!
Particularly if there is a good half available that they can bring in with recent injuries!!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Clark is our best option right now but the Titans will provide stiff competition.

The next best tangible options could be:

Robson or Cotter
Mitch Kenny
Tom Starling - if he asks for a release
Blake Taafe - NSW junior Origin hooker from Souths stuck behind Cook.
Jake Simpkin - Tigers hooker but they probably prioritise him over Liddle.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Clark is our best option right now but the Titans will provide stiff competition.

Robson or Cotter
Mitch Kenny
Tom Starling if he asks for a release
Surely we can nab one of Cotter or Robson.
Tom Starling too should be a target
anyone lol

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Robson or Cotter
Mitch Kenny
Tom Starling - if he asks for a release
Jake Simpkin - Tigers hooker but they probably prioritise him over Liddle.
I haven't seen or heard anything of Blake but if he is good enough for junior origin he is the type of bloke & situation we should be targeting!