The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
U know shits bad when ppl want lewis back
Very sad and true.

But Avo is 2 years away from FG. Plus it looks like his confidence is shot because of Burton. I'd give him 2 or 3 games at fullback, if he still is kicking stones and has his head down then it's straight to Mounties.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Very sad and true.

But Avo is 2 years away from FG. Plus it looks like his confidence is shot because of Burton. I'd give him 2 or 3 games at fullback, if he still is kicking stones and has his head down then it's straight to Mounties.
I actually thought Avo's edge looked the most likely to get points last night and he looked ok. Not saying he was brilliant by any stretch but if we converted that line break into points when Elliott failed to draw and pass like 99% of NRL players would have it could have changed the game.

Tbaz has everything going through Flannagan until he gets it right everyone else is going to look bad.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Atoni has been highly disappointing he looks like he has had a lobotomy or something he shows no expression on the field at all.
Have they been told they won't be re-signed already?

Or have they signed elsewhere already and dont have pride in their performance anymore? Its puzzling and has that spread to the others?

Reactions: ATT

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The thing that concerns me with Baz is the regression of Ogden and Renouf. They showed promise last season but look like shadows of their former selves. Obviously they need to accept responsibility for that and maybe they're just not good enough but I can't think of any good runs one of our forwards has had in the first three games.
Baz is trying to implement a early ball type system. Where players don’t get ball on advantage line and under pressure to take pressure balls. That way we increase percentages. At the same time that system needs real footballers so they pick there own line and attack opposition weakness. They need footy smarts otherwise. This is where the problem lyes. Most these players come through Des ball. They don’t play heads up. They want step by step instructions. We need a clean out of players. Or we are going to be on trouble for years

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have they been told they won't be re-signed already?

Or have they signed elsewhere already and dont have pride in their performance anymore? Its puzzling and has that spread to the others?
No idea but it looks like so many of them are going through the motions.

It's not something you'd expect with a new coach coming in.

They might have been told to look for a new club or they might have that losing culture ingrained in them now.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
What I would try for 2-3 games.

1. Avo
2. Meaney
3. Cotric
4. Schoup
5. Allen
6. Princess
7. Floppo
8. Ogden
9. Dietz
10. Heathro
11. Elliott
12. Doorey
13. Jackson

14. Wakeham
15. Atoni
16. Stimson
17. Waddell

Not saying this is the answer but desperate times require desperate measures.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Baz is trying to implement a early ball type system. Where players don’t get ball on advantage line and under pressure to take pressure balls. That way we increase percentages. At the same time that system needs real footballers so they pick there own line and attack opposition weakness. They need footy smarts otherwise. This is where the problem lyes. Most these players come through Des ball. They don’t play heads up. They want step by step instructions. We need a clean out of players. Or we are going to be on trouble for years
Yeah but Baz also has to identify the strengths of our players and get back to playing a more direct style when playing with width isn't working. You have to earn the right to play that way by going forward and getting over the advantage line first.

The coaches need to put a rocket up every forwards ass and only after we get some go forward, six agains and quick play the balls can we play wide and offload etc.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Very sad and true.

Dangerous to put him to fb against Souths.

What little confidence he does have will be bombed out of him.

Meaney to FB next game.
Allen centre.
Hoppa dropped.
Avo wing.
*gritted teeth* Lewis 5/8.

Wing and a prayer we score a point :grinning:

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Dangerous to put him to fg against Souths.

What little confidence he does have will be bombed out of him.

Meaney to FB next game.
Allen centre.
Hoppa dropped.
Avo wing.
*gritted teeth* Lewis 5/8.

Wing and a prayer we score a point :grinning:
Let's be real, we are losing no matter what so give him a baptism of fire.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What I would try for 2-3 games.

1. Avo
2. Meaney
3. Cotric
4. Schoup
5. Allen
6. Princess
7. Floppo
8. Ogden
9. Dietz
10. Heathro
11. Elliott
12. Doorey
13. Jackson

14. Wakeham
15. Atoni
16. Stimson
17. Waddell

Not saying this is the answer but desperate times require desperate measures.
We picked a pretty similar team. I'd worry about throwing Averillo at the back against Souths and Melbourne though. He'd need time in reserves to play fullback to get used to it. Also we can't play Schoupp yet unfortunately.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We picked a pretty similar team. I'd worry about throwing Averillo at the back against Souths and Melbourne though. It could break him mentally and he'd need time in reserves to play fullback to get used to it. Also we can't play Schoupp yet unfortunately.
I think he is already broken my bro because of Burton.

I guess we would have to use Floppa instead of Schoup.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No idea but it looks like so many of them are going through the motions.

It's not something you'd expect with a new coach coming in.

They might have been told to look for a new club or they might have that losing culture ingrained in them now.
The problem is there not up to it. To many are not true footballers but big units who need step by step instructions. If we play advantage line passing our drop ball will increase. Like pay did. If we play early ball they can’t read where to go as to many options. The only style most of our players can play is Des ball which is boring and no good in today’s game I point to Manly. 1 true footballer out and there system fails. We need a clean out and new players. Our juniors are getting better we now need to clear the troth in firsts. Once mountys forwards can be used I’m expecting change and improvement.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think he is already broken my bro because of Burton.

I guess we would have to use Floppa instead of Schoup.
He's not a half. Hopefully he can turn into a fullback, centre or good utility for us down the road.

Unless we pick Katoa for one more week. As bad as he was, at least he didn't concede five linebreaks like Hoppa. He shouldn't see FG again.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He's not a half. Hopefully he can turn into a fullback or good utility for us down the road.

Unless we pick Katoa for one more week. As bad as he was, at least he didn't concede five linebreaks like Hoppa. He shouldn't see FG again.
We are in a shit situation and we are drowning.

Feel sorry for Baz, I'd rather coach my Under 9's than take his spot this year, at least my boys put effort in and play to win lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The backline should be

1. Meaney
2. Whoever is left that can play wing
3. Allan (left)
4. Cotric (right)
5. Katoa

Not even worth fucking around with the rest of the side, will just be similar results.