Round 3 Bulldogs V Broncos - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Need to do something or our chances of decent signings or backflips become a reality, Barrett needs to show something as a coach, 2 weeks scoreless, dragons and broncs both showing signs of improvement, we are not
If the club allows either JAC or Burton to backflip I'll stop supporting the club. It isn't going to happen.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If the club allows either JAC or Burton to backflip I'll stop supporting the club. It isn't going to happen.
The people that keep mentioning back flips have nfi... good players coming to the club will change the fortunes of the club
why would they backflip

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Things are worst than I thought. I don't think I've ever seen you swear on here before! This game panned out exactly as I told my bronco loving brother it would. Dogs won't score and brisbane will get 3 or 4 tries. Souffs might score a century next week.
I do try to control my language; but last night was just too painful to watch. Over it now.

Stinger

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to defend Baz, but the big difference was that he was working with talented ‘footballers’ at Penrith. You can’t polish a turd, and even if he was an attacking mastermind, he is working with park footballers at best here at the Dogs.
Yes but I expect better recruiting than hetherington and Waddell

Stinger

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well we wanted a dry track..
We got it against a team playing as bad as we are
Im still going to give us a few morw games before i fucking snap and lose it. The signs are not good though.
You’re a lot stronger than me bro. I haven’t missed a game in 40 years. But I’ve reached my limit. I can’t watch this shit any more.

Stinger

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said it during the week that we were better with Pay.

And the dopes inside the club didn’t want to sign Holbrook.
Who were the smart leaders in our club that made the decision not to sign Holbrook at the time? Was it lyn & co?

Stinger

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Post game...

We were good in patches, just not for long enough! Ummm, ok Trent
Yeah where’s the brutal honest appraisal of the teams performance by the coach? It was absolutely terrible and unacceptable. They didn’t turn up. If I was the coach I’d be apologising to the fans for a disgraceful performance. Not good enough Trent.

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
More meaning others like Brendan, not necessarily actual contract backflips, but something needs to change, we look dreadful, like horrible, not one person seems to have played nrl in our team, no footy smarts, run the ball and kick high to no one, it just seems like there is no skill at all, anywhere

Snoop

Waterboy
Reaction score
I know this might not be appropriate for all fans but I’m sitting here laughing because before the season most had so much positive things to say about Barrett and players etc. Now after 3 rounds it’s a whole different story.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wow...I have not yet watched the game but the comments on here have done nothing to make me consider watching it.

I was never under any illusion that we would put Brisbane to the sword, maybe jag a few point win but this is just too hard to take. I will be going to the game next weekend prepared for a real flogging if Souths are on song.....for our halves to be able to work well, the forwards need to do their job and we need to keep possession of the ball.. just getting an even spread would be nice. Discipline needs to improve ten fold as we are getting smashed in the penalties and ruck infringements every week. It can't be that the refs have it in for us surely, although the common denominator in two of the games is the referee.
This is so frustrating and disheartening but I can't see my way clear to tip the Dogs with any confidence at all. I am in last man standing in our tipping and my theory is that each week I can safely tip whoever the Dogs are playing and stay in the running for that for quite a while outlasting every one else but then again they probably have the same idea...

I feel so much better for having vented but would love nothing better than to not have to.....on a positive our reggies had a great win.....

The drought is broken. Brisbane’s club record losing streak is over and Kevin Walters has his first win as coach after the Broncos outlasted Canterbury 24-0 at Suncorp Stadium on Saturday.

It wasn’t pretty, but it was a victory that will mean the world to the Broncos who hadn’t tasted victory for 259 days, since they last beat Canterbury 26-8 at the same ground in 2020.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
:weary::weary::weary::(:(:(:( Just watched the highlights...well from our point the low lights..extremely poor efforts, tries were oh so soft and the Broncos took just 20 minutes at the end of the game to punish us. A win is a win I guess but nothing to write home about...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think whoever scored first last night was going to have such a major advantage and that’s why that blown Elliott try was so costly. I also think most hookers score that try where JMK got held up instead of just gunning it for the line he insisted on stepping which cost him.

Even converting one of those chances puts a tonne of pressure back on the Broncos and could have changed the result. It’s been the same old story for a while now and until we take our chances nothing will change.