Scott Sattler announces Bulldogs' potential signing of Brandon Smith

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello brothers,

What price would you guys willing to pay for a player like this ? Me personally I'd pay him 650-750.

I think he will be the next big thing In league.

Thanks and don't forget to like and reply.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Besides Hopoate and Napa the rest not on a lot. We'll also retain a few of them.
Why do we need to retain them... why not spend the big bucks on a hooker, prop and centre and bring the rest through from reserves and development... lots of average stock in jmk, Lewis , hoppa, Napa etc taking up money and talent from coming through

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Why do we need to retain them... why not spend the big bucks on a hooker, prop and centre and bring the rest through from reserves and development... lots of average stock in jmk, Lewis , hoppa, Napa etc taking up money and talent from coming through
We need to fill the top 30 out. I think players like Okunbor and Atoni (at minimum these 2) are better to be retained for an extra 50-100k then signing a minimum wage player (~100k) that probably isn't good enough. I'm 100% sure at least some players will be retained. The duds will go. Our young players with potential will also be added to the top 30 (not enough there to get rid of everyone).

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've already spent 1m on JAC and Burton and when you add up who's off contract and subtract 1m it isn't that much.
Hey brother,

JAC is on 450 but we are working on his own clothing line to be incorporated into the bulldogs store and advertising for his label.

His clothing line with allign with our supporter base from what I've be told by his cousin.

If you guys want the link I can send it to you.
It's really cool stuff.

So 450 but with perks pushing his merch.

Smart move from the young fella and his management team.

Thanks

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Brandon smith starting with brad deitz coming off the bench could be a good combination in 2022. Limited players available on the open market I think we just have to take what we can get to rebuild our club.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Brandon smith starting with brad deitz coming off the bench could be a good combination in 2022. Limited players available on the open market I think we just have to take what we can get to rebuild our club.
I'd like to see a bit more of Deitz, hopefully he gets an opportunity mid year (whenever he's allowed to play).

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone wake me up Round 1 , 2022
In the meantime if you wanted like me , decked out a room in the house with only items that came out that year , you know which one hey, the one where the following in 05 and all us mother fkrs inherited bangs rights over 15 other nations for 365 days straight . Gee whiz man I miss them absolute Vito rights over them bastards even if they right , will still won the P to finish of the argument with .
Will be upto Rd 3 Roosters 35 Dogs 0 if you want to know , the thing about knowing the scores isn’t a bother because at the end of that year revenge was still sweeter than the juice .
Please , Hays come get me out of that room in 2022
Wtf

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remis Smith for Brandon Smith is plausible?

Or do you mean Chris Smith ?

Maybe the both of them combined plus a $500k transfer fee is plausible.

Remis Smith was let go because he was coming to the end of his contract and we had other higher paid outside backs who nobody wanted (like DWZ and Hoppa).

Storm wanted him so we let him go and ultimately his money was used to help sign Corey Allan. Whether or not that’s a good call remains to be seen.

People on here carrying on like we let another Thurston go ffs
I wasn't aware R Smith was let go simply to clear cap space. Had thought it was part of a deal for Ado Carr joining us before the Tigers HOA stuff emerged. Either way, I don't think too many people on here were losing sleep over Remis leaving, I know I wasn't.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I wasn't aware R Smith was let go simply to clear cap space. Had thought it was part of a deal for Ado Carr joining us before the Tigers HOA stuff emerged. Either way, I don't think too many people on here were losing sleep over Remis leaving, I know I wasn't.
I just feel like he's a player we could of got something in return for (the Storm wanting him confirms that for me). Also with an injury or 2 he would of been great to still have.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just feel like he's a player we could of got something in return for (the Storm wanting him confirms that for me). Also with an injury or 2 he would of been great to still have.
you never know... sometimes when you are reasonable in a negotiation, the other party remembers that and reciprocates in subsequent dealings and/or it fosters a better working relationship between the parties... if not, then you remember said unreasonableness in any subsequent potential negotiations

for example, do you take the same approach if you are dealing with Ivan Cleary as you would with Wayne Bennett?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's two gun players that we've supposedly signed this week without anything more than un-named sources providing the information. I'll wait for the club to confirm any signings before I get excited in any way.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's two gun players that we've supposedly signed this week without anything more than un-named sources providing the information. I'll wait for the club to confirm any signings before I get excited in any way.
I do not see it in our interests to be the ones to leak the information before the players have committed and thus, I think the players' managers are playing the game, getting their clients names in the media, enticing the current club or other would be suitors to engage or raise their offers etc.

best not get excited yet

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I do not see it in our interests to be the ones to leak the information before the players have committed and thus, I think the players' managers are playing the game, getting their clients names in the media, enticing the current club or other would be suitors to engage or raise their offers etc.

best not get excited yet
Absolutely right. The club won't confirm a signing until the ink is dry. Look at the fact that we supposedly had Tedesco and Koroisau waving pens over their contracts before someone else swooped in and nabbed them at the last minute. My opinion of player managers is that they'd happily spread any lie they needed to in order to earn themselves a few dollars more in their commission. If they can get rival suitors to up their bids by even a little bit they'll use any means at their disposal.