Round 3 Bulldogs V Broncos - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fear for what pengai is going to do to our pack

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
I see the Broncos embarrassing us, we are a rabble and after this week everyone will realise that

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Deardon will play

Lewis should be hooker imo
He can’t be worse than the other 2 muppets there for the last 2-3 years
He can tackle all day and left foot kick from dummy half

tesi niu and isaako are lightning compared to our snail pace backline

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see the Broncos embarrassing us, we are a rabble and after this week everyone will realise that
Ive got the same horrible feeling, it might be the game that sparks the broncos season.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Broncos don’t win this game by atleast 13+ they should be disappointed

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Deardon will play

Lewis should be hooker imo
He can’t be worse than the other 2 muppets there for the last 2-3 years
He can tackle all day and left foot kick from dummy half

tesi niu and isaako are lightning compared to our snail pace backline
Great idea, Lewis to hooker so he will be playing in the middle. So now we won’t need to worry about him passing the ball to the 10th row in the stadium, it will just go over the sideline instead.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I did reveal all this pre season here

the issue is we have no unpredictably, no donald trump, in our attack. players and opposite coaches can identify our roles pretty quicky.

All this player talk of 'everyone has a specific role to play' and 'as long as we just do our specified job' has only helped everyone to decipher these players just know they have to play eithin a little box and are Easy peasy lebanesey to read.
Your right but your wrong.
No-one knew DWZ had a job to do and it would have been a master stroke but the silly sausage forgot to execute the play till the end of the game.
It was unpredicatble to asume that DWZ had clear instructions to remove Nathans chin but it was predictable that DWZ was confused as to when to do so.

Smartseal

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I dunno whats worse, being a cowboys supporter on the stampede or a bulldogs supporter on the kennel.
I will admit to only seeing half your game last week, but the donkies are vunerable.
Play percentage footy & your in with a chance. Gotta be looking for small improvements each week.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A lot on the line this week. As a group the Kennel have been excited generally that we secured Baz as coach. I think he could have success as a head coach. What I'm not sure about is our roster though.
In 2018 and 2019 we finished each season well. Last year we never got going at all. With the changes this year expectations were high. People ACTUALLY considered that we could be fringe 8 this year.
The reality in the first 2 rounds has brought us crashing back to earth.
Some observations from the first 2 rounds:
1. Flanagan has been on the ball...a lot of touches...has led us around ok.
2. Avo has been completely overwhelmed. He has no time no voice. I can't see him organising anything. The game is moving too fast for him.
3. All our forwards have 10 or fewer runs per game. All have made under 100 metres per game while opposition forwards have made 15 to 19 runs each generally making on average 2 to 3 more metres per run than we are making.
4. Opposition defences are reading our attack too easily and able to identify who is to receive the ball and getting 3 or 4 defenders in every tackle completely dominating us.
5. Oppositions were making 50 to 60 metres every set while we made 30 to 40, often kicking after being dominated in a tackle on the back foot.
I know we've received only 40% possession and had no favours from the refs...but even during our sets we are completely dominated, have no leg speed and no creativity.
6. We do everything so much slower with less urgency than every other team...I say this having watched all 16 games so far. We have no linespeed in D as well.
Our next few games will be very difficult. If we lose this week we most likely will be 0-5.
On present form I can't think of a team we'd start favourite against.
Confidence is a big thing and I haven't seen much of it yet.

So my question is....to what extent is it our roster and their effort?... or to what extend is it our coach and him getting his message across?....

Looking forward to the team showing more against the Broncos. They don't have to win...they merely need to show us we are moving in the right direction because I genuinely fear we have gone backwards this year.
Fair assessment.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You’re spot on I’m just frustrated at the situation of another season being over before it started.

I think questions about Tbaz will be rightfully asked if we are still playing footy like this at the end of the year. All I want to see is improvement from now to then and I think we will.
The end of the year is 24 rounds away mate. Just saying.