Reaction score
Atoni, Ogden, okunbor maybe Tui Katoa and Sione/jmk for depth that’s about it

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
At least Barrett gets a chance to build his own team if we have another bad year in 22 bring in Flanagan I'm sure he would be keen to coach his own son.
Flanagan probably coaching again next year.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I really don't get how anyone would want to re-sign JMK or Sione Katoa even for depth after what they have dished up over the last few years.

Even as depth hookers they both don't cut the mustard.
Okay. Get rid of both of them.

Who are the 2 hookers you sign for next season?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I really don't get how anyone would want to re-sign JMK or Sione Katoa even for depth after what they have dished up over the last few years.

Even as depth hookers they both don't cut the mustard.
Well someone like Mitch Kenny wouldn't sign unless he was guaranteed a starting position and he's not good enough for that (for what we need). If there is someone better who'll play as a back up obviously you get them over JMK, just not so sure myself. JMK will also be on minimum wage. Deitz maybe.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Obviously we probley have to resign some of those players but there is a couple of players like hoppa and napa who are gone for sure and who they do retain defiantly has to be reduced offers the players on that list ain’t deserved a pay rise

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well someone like Mitch Kenny wouldn't sign unless he was guaranteed a starting position and he's not good enough for that (for what we need). If there is someone better who'll play as a back up obviously you get them over JMK, just not so sure myself.
You could sign someone like Kenny without having to guarantee a starting spot because any decent hooker would know they are better than JMK or Katoa (if re-signed). I would even go with a untested rookie over the likes of JMK and Katoa.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least Barrett gets a chance to build his own team if we have another bad year in 22 bring in Flanagan I'm sure he would be keen to coach his own son.
I wouldn’t be suprised pending barrett outcome that Flanagan would be eager to coach us and his boy I’m sure he’d be waiting somewhere

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’d roll with Dietz and they just have to bring in a top line hooker. Re-signing those two just cannot be a option.
One has to be re-signed as you are not getting a top line hooker in - pipe dreams

JMK is the best out of a bad bunch

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
One has to be re-signed as you are not getting a top line hooker in - pipe dreams

JMK is the best out of a bad bunch
As I said in another post I’d even go a untested rookie and Dietz over JMK and Katoa. JMK just isn’t a NRL standard hooker. The longer we accept players like JMK being in the squad the longer we will be in the position we are currently in.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As I said in another post I’d even go a untested rookie and Dietz over JMK and Katoa. JMK just isn’t a NRL standard hooker. The longer we accept players like JMK being in the squad the longer we will be in the position we are currently in.
Ok. Harry Grant it is

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Keep - JMK, Meaney, Okunbor, Atoni, C.Smith

Remainder - out (also release Hetherington and Waddell)

Sign (whats off contract this year) - Jordan Riki, Xavier Coates, Brendan Piakura, Siliva Havili, Dale Finucane, Bunty Afoa, Isaac Liu

Allan
JAC
Xavier Coates
DWZ
Cotric
Burton
Flanagan
Thompson
JMK
RFM
Elliott
Jackson
Finucane

Liu
Afoa
Riki
Havili
Question marks on retaining:
Meaney
CSmith

We've seen what they've got. Not enough to make a difference to the team.

Base this on this year - performance base only whether to re-sign:

JMK
Atoni
Ok

They'll have to show they really deserve their spot. Otherwise someone on the rise with heaps of recognised potential.
I’d roll with Dietz and they just have to bring in a top line hooker. Re-signing those two just cannot be a option.
I agree. If they aren't good enough this year, at their age, how will they be next year?

There's first grade for first graders, and second grade for up and comers or experienced hard heads who are teaching the up and comers something.

The rest are Ron Massey.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If there’s one positive for me, it’s that there’s this many current players off contract, we can nail the key positions.

I’d be feeling way worse if the majority of these blokes still had 2-3 years to go...
Yes except have you looked at the other teams' rosters. Some have as many, or more, off contract who they want to replace as well.

It's not going to be easy to get quality.