Opinion THE FLOG BRANDY ALEXANDER RE BURTON

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why does anyone care what a shit **** dribbles on a shit show?

Only reason anyone knows him is because his brother died.
Bro...

He is a terrible commentator that has always had it in for the Dogs for some reason. But, he is a Dally M winner, won a comp, played SOO and for Australia with 250 FG games.

He was a gun footballer and I watched him live a few times and he had that ability to be a few plays ahead of everyone else.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
to be fair, Alexander played Origin out of position and wasn't good

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On nrl360 please listen this **** fmd the hate towards these self entitled ***** is growing. And they bs day in day out is wearing this and the bs about how they have no hate towards baz lol

Nowhere to hide there, you can't justify when you've been caught out being a hypocrite ..... oh hang on .... who's fair anyway?

With comments like that surely there's a senior NRL appointment coming for Alexander.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m sorry but I haven’t got an issue with what he said. If the roles were reversed I’m sure you all would think differently. Why should penrith release Burton ? Mansour is past it, and they made the right call. It’s a business. And Ikin nailed it when he said we did it so we can win a comp.
You reap whay you sow and I really hope that the spot taken by Burton this year costs them another talented junior they could have brought into the squad.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
to be fair, Alexander played Origin out of position and wasn't good
So? Andrew Johns had 1 memorable SOO series were he was the difference, and yet they made him an immortal. I was simply pointing out he has a football career and cupboard of awards any footballer would dream to have

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
WOW just watched this... Proof the Panthers are starting to get fed up about this. Hope it does there head in ALL YEARR!!!

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW just watched this... Proof the Panthers are starting to get fed up about this. Hope it does there head in ALL YEARR!!!
It'd be karma if they finally relent and release him to us and then Cleary gets injured the next week

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So? Andrew Johns had 1 memorable SOO series were he was the difference, and yet they made him an immortal. I was simply pointing out he has a football career and cupboard of awards any footballer would dream to have
to be fair, Andrew Johns had two memorable Origin series --> 2003 and 2005

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Greg Alexander was a great player in his day who was never really the same after his brother died... good enough though to live off it post career as a commentator and Penrith administrator
If you can even call him a commentator. Even his voice is shit, the c*** sounds like a 12 year who's voice is breaking.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Bro...

He is a terrible commentator that has always had it in for the Dogs for some reason. But, he is a Dally M winner, won a comp, played SOO and for Australia with 250 FG games.

He was a gun footballer and I watched him live a few times and he had that ability to be a few plays ahead of everyone else.
Ok he may of been good, but he will never be considered one of the greats.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope every young kid and their family and their manager take note of how Penrith operate. Yeah sure it’s fine to stand your ground and stunt the kids development because he has a contract and legally you do not have to release him. But there is a much bigger picture at play here. I think public back lash and media pressure will eventually see him released at some point.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Brandy is right there’s nothing fair about footy and it’s every team for itself. Why do so many people on here expect the Panthers to do us a favour in a competitive professional sport?
It’s no different to the Tigers saying JAC can’t play anywhere but the Storm in 2021 - he signed a conditional HoA and why are the Tigers going to let the Dogs benefit from that? Of course we want future signings early if possible but seething at their existing deals makes no sense. It is what it is.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s no different to the Tigers saying JAC can’t play anywhere but the Storm in 2021 - he signed a conditional HoA and why are the Tigers going to let the Dogs benefit from that? Of course we want future signings early if possible but seething at their existing deals makes no sense. It is what it is.
Did Ivan have a contract the tigers mate? Just wondering :tearsofjoy:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
4of the other 5 they let go also had contracts
How unlike him not to mention that .
Even though I always hate to see a Lebanese person be in the receiving end of a tough conversation, you could always argue that Penrith were doing right by Josh. Extend his contract and find a first grade spot.