Round 2 Bulldogs V Panthers - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
A few roadies might be in order .
Might? :-).
Reminds me of a story. Was at the old Parra Stadium I’m going to say late 80’s / early 90’s. Met a friendly fella who had a thermos with him. Before long old mate was asleep and when he woke he was in Disneyland. But I’m sure it was ‘soup’ inside the thermos :-).
Can’t do that these days...

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think most people agree (except Barrett) that Napa doesn't provide hardly anything (even from the bench). Chris Smith provides way more punch and a twice as fast play the ball, even Ava would add more from the pine. JMK and Deitz should be the hookers. I'll give Waddell 1 more game (he actually tries to do good things e.g. big hits, some footwork, but could have a stupid error in him each game).
Doorey in for him if he has another average game.
Is anyone else shitting themselves about the matchup of DWZ and Hoppa vs Crighton and To'o. Is there a mercy rule???

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since Baz knows everything about the Panthers defence and set plays, lets hope he knows how to handle it and shut it down also.
He would know their weaknesses.
I like that rfm is back in the starting side. See if Baz actually uses him like kikau.
It all comes down to if we show up on the day and complete our sets.
How does peter gough go at reffing the bulldogs?
Surely he would have to be a fairer Ref than Shiton & Cumstains? if not then there is definitely a Referee conspiracy against us or they are betting against us in their multi bets.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Surely he would have to be a fairer Ref than Shiton & Cumstains? if not then there is definitely a Referee conspiracy against us or they are betting against us in their multi bets.
Or Maxwell is a disciple of Bill Arrogant by giving out tip sheets to the squad before their games.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I understand NRL granted an exemption for JMK as a result of injury (pre-season exhibition match) ... what I find puzzling is how Melbourne Storm manage to rename Tyson Smoothy for a second week who sits outside the 30 on a 'train and trial' contract, without hearing of any exemption.
They got an exemption as Harry grant is injured and out for 4 weeks

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
RFM apart from that drop ball went pretty good v Knights. He bent the line a few times

Now that he’s got some Ks in his legs I’m expecting good things from him

In fact I’m expecting a better performance from us and will take the line +16 points on offer [emoji102]
Really? I thought he was a bit of a passenger tbh. I was quite disappointed. He looks to have lost a lot of weight! Or perhaps its just his hair. Lol

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think most people agree (except Barrett) that Napa doesn't provide hardly anything (even from the bench). Chris Smith provides way more punch and a twice as fast play the ball, even Ava would add more from the pine. JMK and Deitz should be the hookers. I'll give Waddell 1 more game (he actually tries to do good things e.g. big hits, some footwork, but could have a stupid error in him each game).
Doorey in for him if he has another average game.
Is anyone else shitting themselves about the matchup of DWZ and Hoppa vs Crighton and To'o. Is there a mercy rule???
Hopp is inside Meaney mate. Cotric inside DWZ. Just like last week.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hopp is inside Meaney mate. Cotric inside DWZ. Just like last week.
Nope, last week it was Hoppa, with DWZ and meaney with cotric.. Baz has probably identified that Hoppa is a mass liability and is trying to hide from crichton..

I'd rather Hoppa defend against momorovski than crichton...

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How did Grant injure himself? JMK was in the Allstars. Different kettle of fish.
He was injured in training. It doesn’t matter where/when you get injured. The rule is in place to protect players e.g. they don’t have a pure hooker in their top 30, the rule is to prevent Melbourne from having to field a non-natural hooker and risking injury to them. They are allowed to bring in a hooker to replace a hooker.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Whose gonna reff us out this week?
No need. Refs only do it when they need to when they see us poke our noses in front and take the lead or look like we might win. This game is so lopsided it’ll probably take care of itself. Oh and there’s a lot of money riding on Penrith to win. Who’s gonna wanna piss those people off?

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m not a Lewis fan but If the current lineup continues to leak points my guess is Lewis will make his way into the top 17 purely for his defence. I’ve noticed he sometimes plays almost a sweeper role in defence often running from one side of the field to the other to shut down an attacking play. Question is if he can save one or two tries does that warrant his inclusion?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I’m not a Lewis fan but If the current lineup continues to leak points my guess is Lewis will make his way into the top 17 purely for his defence. I’ve noticed he sometimes plays almost a sweeper role in defence often running from one side of the field to the other to shut down an attacking play. Question is if he can save one or two tries does that warrant his inclusion?
No.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
15 players off contract @ end of 2021 so grit your teeth because 2021 is gonna be rough. My main interest this season is seeing who we recruit, blooding some decent juniors & staving off wooden spoon. Barrett cant perform miracles with the dog shit running around in our top 30. this week end will be a cricket score.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He puts us under defensive pressure by offering nothing in attack

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He was injured in training. It doesn’t matter where/when you get injured. The rule is in place to protect players e.g. they don’t have a pure hooker in their top 30, the rule is to prevent Melbourne from having to field a non-natural hooker and risking injury to them. They are allowed to bring in a hooker to replace a hooker.
So because Crighton was injured during training we can bring in a centre/winger ?
Bring in schoupp if that's the case

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So because Crighton was injured during training we can bring in a centre/winger ?
Bring in schoupp if that's the case
No we have plenty of outside backs already in the top 30. The rule is to cover positions that you can’t fill with what you have in your top 30.

example:

you lose all your props due to injury.

NRL will allow you an exemption to bring in props from outside your top 30 until the originals return. This is to avoid wingers forced to play in the front row and getting injured/flogged.