Bulldogs now must determine how to punish star Adam Elliott for alleged indiscretion

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Honestly, with all the personal issues this has caused him (self inflicted) the stress dealing with his family, partner and kids sitting on top of his shoulders and mentally weighing him down he won't be in the right headspace to even be in the top 17 so this would have to be considered
Whatever you say, coach. Lol

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Umm yes they can on the basis that this is his second offence? Or is it third offence? I'm losing count with this bloke.

On this basis isn't it a breach of contract bringing the club and game into disrepute?
It’s not even an offence. He has not broken a single club guideline, nor has he breached his contract. Some of you need to just move on and stop playing into the media’s hands.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
They should punish him by making the statue of him that will sit out the front of Belmont’s out of silver and not gold. No, wait. That’s too harsh.
Wouldn't give ya a brass razoo for it Ute :grinning:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It’s not even an offence. He has not broken a single club guideline, nor has he breached his contract. Some of you need to just move on and stop playing into the media’s hands.
Some people have moved on from the legality of it. The non-offence of it. The non-guideline of it. The non-breach of his contract part of it. You are flogging a dead horse constantly bringing this up.

I can't believe the Cap'n is letting you off on this.

You really need to move on to the club's perspective, out in the big bad sports world of the court of public opinion, and media over hype and our already heavily targetted "bad dogs" tag we constantly get saddled with.

Thats what 99% of fans are framing their opinion around with Elliottgate.

We've discussed it ad nauseam and decided he can stay.

I want an apology.
Heaps want a 10k fine.
Someone wants a 2 game ban.
Someone else wants a 4 game reserve grade stint.
Only a couple want to ditch him.
And only one wants a stoning.

Let Adam know would you please and you can both thank your lucky stars.

No more chances for either of you :grinning:

Last edited:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
$10k fine and a 2 match suspension, for letting his team mates down, for not setting an example as part of the senior leadership group, and for bringing the clubs name into the spotlight for the wrong reasons. Signs an agreement with the club to stay off the alcohol, with a clause in the agreement stating if breached the club has the right to terminate his contract effective immediately, and he can't join another club till the end of the season.
I like it.

Reactions: ATT

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Umm yes they can on the basis that this is his second offence? Or is it third offence? I'm losing count with this bloke.

On this basis isn't it a breach of contract bringing the club and game into disrepute?
F7ck your a hard marker! First one was in private, and he was stalked by some peeping tom paparazzi on a fucking cherry picker, and this one has nothing to do with anyone except both families. Sure it impacts the club, but he has only done something morally wrong, not illegal. But hey, sack him. Lynch him with pitch forks. Burn him on a stake.
I'm not condoning what he did. Not at all. He 8s a fucking grub, and I have completely lost respect for him after this latest slip up. But my moral view point does not mean he needs to be sacked. Thats just complete rubbish.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The NRL tried that on with CHN and Okunbor and they took it to court and the NRL lost.
They didn’t go to court. The appeal was heard and the original penalty overturned by the NRL’s Independent Appeals Committee, overseen by a QC, not a Judge.

Rather than get involved in lengthy/costly litigation, the NRL expressed their ‘disappointment’ with the decision but accepted it. It’s an important distinction.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-13/nrl-bulldogs-players-have-contracts-reinstated/12450610

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think they should force Elliot to be our Tasha Gale cup teams cheerleader. He should wear a mankini, be forced to become vegan, donate his fine to domestic violence.

I genuinely find his behaviour disgusting, and it has no doubt brought our club back under the microscope on the eve of the premiership, once again, and he should pay the consequences for this. But he should not be sacked, or any other such nonsense. The potential failure of his marriage to the mother of his kid, and the humiliation of having to rock up to work each day and front his team mates, some of which would know lichaa, will be difficult enough as it is.
Fining him a large sum would only further punish his wife in this, as there is a good chance she is not currently working due to being a new mum and with covid making everyone's a pain in the ass.
He should definitely be dropped from the leadership group, and told that he will never captain the club, as this type of behaviour is not befitting of a player privileged enough to lead our great club!

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok offence may not be the right word to use but there is a level of conduct required outside the club to adhere to and to ensure players do not bring the club, sponsors and nrl into disrepute...which he has.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man up and apologize to Lichaa and the club for the bad publicity. This guy isn't the victim, his wife and the kids from both parties are.
100%,yes no crime committed,he has betrayed the people that matter most,he’s partner and newborn child,he’s best mate,and y was he not at home with his wife and child at 4.30 in the morning,the club needs to take some serious action,a soft fine and caution,and we will be back in news again for all the wrong reasons.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If Elliott is still goes to Lichaa wedding , hopefully he won't be in charge of toasting to the bridal party.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
F7ck your a hard marker! First one was in private, and he was stalked by some peeping tom paparazzi on a fucking cherry picker, and this one has nothing to do with anyone except both families. Sure it impacts the club, but he has only done something morally wrong, not illegal. But hey, sack him. Lynch him with pitch forks. Burn him on a stake.
I'm not condoning what he did. Not at all. He 8s a fucking grub, and I have completely lost respect for him after this latest slip up. But my moral view point does not mean he needs to be sacked. Thats just complete rubbish.
I just have a no dickhead policy. I can guarantee we will win many games and possibly premierships if we stick with this philosophy. Elliott is a selfish dickhead

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
SACK THE BASTARD!!!

I'm sick and tired of this shit with players destroying our brand that us members and fans have helped build well before this tosser was out of nappies.
Yes like u I’m fuckin fed up,with these imbeciles,giving our great club a bad name,for me he’s more guilty than lichaa,at least he took he’s frustrations out on doors and windows,and not his fiancée,or Elliot,I’m with u I say sack him,very overrated anyway.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have the senior group pull him aside and beat the shit out of him. Then carry on, business as usual.
I lived & played rugby in Japan for a bit over a season. This is exactly what would happen there. Particularly if it was the younger guys stuffing up or missing training. They were beaten up by the older guys while the youngster sat on the ground on their knees. If the person/s copping the flogging fell over from the bashing it would pause until they sat back up on their knees & then it would continue. This would go for 20-30 minutes in front of the whole rugby club. It certainly nipped in the bud the behaviour it was attempting to stop. In hindsight if it occured here people would be doing time as a result..in saying that with a desdshit like this idiot it may be the thing to actually get him to reassess his behavior..

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably the best approach I’ve read on the TK regarding the Elliot situation. You hit the nail on it’s head mate. Well done!
There’s truth in what u say,at the same time we are constantly in the news ,for all the wrong reasons,this guy is not a jouvenile,he’s an adult,he should be made responsible for his actions,I’m not a solicitor but if somehow he could be sacked,he should be sacked,it would certainly make everyone within the club from sg ball up ,aware that we are not playing games anymore,a slap on the wrists is not what is required here,