Bulldogs now must determine how to punish star Adam Elliott for alleged indiscretion

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Think the only thing that should be done is possibly drop him from the leadership group.
Why sack him, why suspend him only hurting the club, can’t be sacked for this shit.

What fines have the NRL given to Pearce? Probably sit with that

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'd rather not hear a word from him to be honest. We've heard it all before from him and clearly it didn't mean anything. So I have no interest in hearing another prepared speech that ticks all of the boxes but means fuck all.

Unless he's willing to say he's giving up alcohol and will get a castration, then I don't know what he can say which will make the situation any better...
So far you have the harshest penalty ;) lol

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Best option and the only option is to have Michael, Adams goomah in Kara who might I add is Michael’s fiancé, the Lichaa kids and Elliots wife, and if they got fuckin kids throw them in as well. All in one room and Adam has to say sorry. I just hope at morning tea Adam doesn’t go for seconds with Lara or Kara or whatever the fuck her name is

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The NRL tried that on with CHN and Okunbor and they took it to court and the NRL lost. Obviously CHN and Okunbor's actions were far far worse then Elliott's for many reasons. So if they couldn't make their sackings stick then there is no chance it would stick for Elliott.

Go Dogs
Umm yes they can on the basis that this is his second offence? Or is it third offence? I'm losing count with this bloke.

On this basis isn't it a breach of contract bringing the club and game into disrepute?

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Between the coach, players, management i m sure they will come up with an appropriate outcome. whatever that may be it is not going to appease all supporters and especially the media.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Last time he said he shaved his head cause ppl recognised him
So will he grow it back now?

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we aren't sacking him then we are only fucking ourself by giving him a suspension. If the coach sees him as in the best 17 then play him to benefit us. Can flog him at training or make him wash the training gear for a couple of weeks, just don't see the point in making our team weaker if the NRL don't give a shit
Honestly, with all the personal issues this has caused him (self inflicted) the stress dealing with his family, partner and kids sitting on top of his shoulders and mentally weighing him down he won't be in the right headspace to even be in the top 17 so this would have to be considered

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only case the Bulldogs can be sitting in judgement of is ...how it affects the Bulldogs.

That's all that the Bulldogs club and fans need to be concerned with in relation to consequences of his actions.

We can all have an opinion on his morals, how his actions, (in conjunction with the other woman), affects his wife and child, how it affects Lichaa's wife and children and both their wider families eg his wife's family will be unimpressed you'd think.

There was no illegality on his part we are led to believe...only Lichaa has been charged.

But it shows a lack of self discipline and self management to let his pp rule his brain and putting into jeopardy his family, career and future. He has court appearances to suggest he has a problem with alcohol but yet again the most recent public shaming he went through, has not been enough to see him be responsible enough to enjoy a party, have his fun and then go home with his wife and child.

Whatever the club decide I am confident it will be what they deem as the most appropriate with all the facts to hand.

It had better be a deterrent for Adam and all the rest of the playing group bc our club can not keep being in the headlines for all the wrong reasons with inappropriate player behaviour.

All of us would cut off a leg to be chosen to play for the club, so let the players realise what an honour it is and not that hard to keep yourself out of trouble.

There should be a clear line in the sand about dragging the club into disrepute going forward with players letting us all down.

He has had chances and there's a whole range of opinion, and punishment sought by fans, so it will be difficult for the club to set the right deterrent.

It would have been so much better if we were all just talking about the footy rather than Adam Elliott.
Agree with most of what you say but a case by case basis will always work best for us when dealing with bad player behaviour. We don't want to create an expectation with the media that any player will automatically go every time they report something bad about our players - which they love to do a lot.

We will never be afforded the opportunity to sweep things under the carpet like other favoured clubs. At the end of the day most of these guys are in their 20s, often compulsive, most are immature and many aren't that bright.

Given no club or the NRL is prepared to dilute the talent pool by selecting young athletes who meet a behavioural criteria, then these issues will continue to happen and clubs will have to keep trying to deal with them. I would hate to see us constantly lose out because any time something happens, the media crucifies us, then we have to lose our good players who then go straight to other clubs, often with the blessing of the media who talk about the player seeking redemption etc.

Last edited:

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I understand everyone's anger and frustration thinking (oh no ...here we go again) more unnecessary headlines, more shit on the club and now the media is doing cartwheels with not just any story but one that headlines the Bulldogs.

As for his punishment ... Public humiliation is a form of punishment itself, the impact surrounding his family, will weigh down bigger than any fine ... he needs to get his house in order and the Bulldogs need to be supporting him as that extends to his partner and his child.

It's about time the Bulldogs told the media, it's a private matter and is been dealt with internally ... give the media moguls nothing.!!!
Probably the best approach I’ve read on the TK regarding the Elliot situation. You hit the nail on it’s head mate. Well done!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
They should punish him by making the statue of him that will sit out the front of Belmont’s out of silver and not gold. No, wait. That’s too harsh.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I understand everyone's anger and frustration thinking (oh no ...here we go again) more unnecessary headlines, more shit on the club and now the media is doing cartwheels with not just any story but one that headlines the Bulldogs.

As for his punishment ... Public humiliation is a form of punishment itself, the impact surrounding his family, will weigh down bigger than any fine ... he needs to get his house in order and the Bulldogs need to be supporting him as that extends to his partner and his child.

It's about time the Bulldogs told the media, it's a private matter and is been dealt with internally ... give the media moguls nothing.!!!
You are a true Australian hero.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Agree with most of what you say but a case by case basis will always work best for us when dealing with bad player behaviour. We don't want to create an expectation with the media that any player will automatically go every time they report something bad about our players - which they love to do a lot.

We will never be afforded the opportunity to sweep things under the carpet like other favoured clubs. At the end of the day most of these guys are in their 20s, often compulsive, most are immature and many aren't that bright.

Given no club or the NRL is prepared to dilute the talent pool by selecting young athletes who meet a behavioural criteria, then these issues will continue to happen and clubs will have to keep trying to dealing with them. I would hate to see us constantly lose out because anytime something happens, the media crucifies us, then we have to lose our good players who then go straight to other clubs, often with the blessing of the media who then talk about the player seeking redemption etc..
Yes I get your point. I wasn't suggesting we dump him.

But there is only one way that players can feel confident about playing the game they love, earning the big bucks, scoring the hottest chicks, gaining the fans devotion and the club's respect and life long employment and accolades, and that is to serve with distinction and keep your employer's interests out of the gossip rags.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Have the senior group pull him aside and beat the shit out of him. Then carry on, business as usual.
They wouldn’t do it. They love the bloke. It’s only our fans who are taking the media’s bait.