Bulldogs now must determine how to punish star Adam Elliott for alleged indiscretion

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
$10k fine and a 2 match suspension, for letting his team mates down, for not setting an example as part of the senior leadership group, and for bringing the clubs name into the spotlight for the wrong reasons. Signs an agreement with the club to stay off the alcohol, with a clause in the agreement stating if breached the club has the right to terminate his contract effective immediately, and he can't join another club till the end of the season.
I’d go further. $10K fine 4 match suspension and an apology for his actions.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only case the Bulldogs can be sitting in judgement of is ...how it affects the Bulldogs.

That's all that the Bulldogs club and fans need to be concerned with in relation to consequences of his actions.

We can all have an opinion on his morals, how his actions, (in conjunction with the other woman), affects his wife and child, how it affects Lichaa's wife and children and both their wider families eg his wife's family will be unimpressed you'd think.

There was no illegality on his part we are led to believe...only Lichaa has been charged.

But it shows a lack of self discipline and self management to let his pp rule his brain and putting into jeopardy his family, career and future. He has court appearances to suggest he has a problem with alcohol but yet again the most recent public shaming he went through, has not been enough to see him be responsible enough to enjoy a party, have his fun and then go home with his wife and child.

Whatever the club decide I am confident it will be what they deem as the most appropriate with all the facts to hand.

It had better be a deterrent for Adam and all the rest of the playing group bc our club can not keep being in the headlines for all the wrong reasons with inappropriate player behaviour.

All of us would cut off a leg to be chosen to play for the club, so let the players realise what an honour it is and not that hard to keep yourself out of trouble.

There should be a clear line in the sand about dragging the club into disrepute going forward with players letting us all down.

He has had chances and there's a whole range of opinion, and punishment sought by fans, so it will be difficult for the club to set the right deterrent.

It would have been so much better if we were all just talking about the footy rather than Adam Elliott.
You make some fair and reasonable points wendog but if this was a street fight Elliott would be deemed the instigator. I can't help think that if he didnt have his tongue down the throat of his best mate's wife then Lichaa wouldn't be charged or having surgery on his arm.

The guy is immorally guilty and if the club and Laundy's want to rebuild our culture back to the family club of the 80's then Adam 'Fabio' Elliott needs to be dropped for an extended period, I'd even sack him because this is his second offence in twelve months that has brought the clubs image down, not his first.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This has the CHN and Okubor situation written all over it. Same as Elliott they did nothing illegal, the NRL punished them based on media hysteria and then subsequently lost the court case and had to reinstate them. To me this sounds like a case for mandatory counselling and X number of hours of community service. Anything much more severe and the precedent has been set, the punishment has to have a strong relationship to the crime, and there was no crime, so the punishment has to have relevance to that. Not in response to media hysteria by the PC brigade, quite a lot on TK as it happens.

Go Dogs
While it's true nothing technically illegal was done in the cases of CHN and JO, I think they're quite different to Elliot's situation.

They while the players were away on official club business. Took place in their hotel rooms against direct orders not to. Involved people that they picked up while performing club duties. There's also the messages via social media.

Elliot's incidence occurred on private property during his own time away from official duties. Had no connection to anything club related. Morally it wasn't right but there's literally very few similarities with the CHN and JO cases other than the police weren't involved.

Agree in regards to the punishments tho. Can't see how they can possibly get and fines or worse.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I’d go further. $10K fine 4 match suspension and an apology for his actions.
It's an apology most important to me.

Front up and wear it in front of your club's supporters for exposing the club to unfair critisisement and bad publicity.

A presser on the Bulldogs site would surfice for me. I want to judge his contrition for bring the clubs values into question We dont need him paraded around, in fact that is worse, but a private apology to fans and the club is called for IMO.

No questions and answers just a heartfelt apology sincerely delivered will enhance his reputation with his fans.

That means more to me than standing down or fines. Although I think a fine to donate to some worthy charity and the ignominy of being sent to reserve grade would be very sobering to him and the rest of the players.

Should never have put himself, the club, us fans into the pisition of yapping on about him.

Now make it right with those as part of his footy club family who have been involved by way of friends bagging us, the frustration of yet more bad publicity and negative press about his personal life that none of us wanted to have any part of.

We're only interested in how he plays his part in our footy team becoming successful again.

He needs to knowledge how his personal life has impinged on his football club and lets move on.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
SACK THE BASTARD!!!
I'm sick and tired of this shit with players destroying our brand that us members and fans have helped build well before this tosser was out of nappies.
A player can commit no crime but still engage in actions and behaviour that brings the club and game into disrepute. Up to the club to decide if that’s the case here.
The NRL tried that on with CHN and Okunbor and they took it to court and the NRL lost. Obviously CHN and Okunbor's actions were far far worse then Elliott's for many reasons. So if they couldn't make their sackings stick then there is no chance it would stick for Elliott.

Go Dogs

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Front up and wear it in front of your club's supporters for exposing the club to unfair critisisement and bad publicity.

A presser on the Bulldogs site would surfice for me. I want to judge his contrition for bring the clubs values into question We dont need him paraded around, in fact that is worse, but a private apology to fans and the club is called for IMO.

No questions and answers just a heartfelt apology sincerely delivered will enhance his reputation with his fans.

That means more to me than standing down or fines. Although I think a fine to donate to some worthy charity and the ignominy of being sent to reserve grade would be very sobering to him and the rest of the players.

Should never have put himself, the club, us fans into the pisition of yapping on about him.

Now make it right with those as part of his footy club family who have been involved by way of friends bagging us, the frustration of yet more bad publicity and negative press about his personal life that none of us wanted to have any part of.

We're only interested in how he plays his part in our footy team becoming successful again.

He needs to knowledge how his personal life has impinged on his football club and lets move on.
I'd rather not hear a word from him to be honest. We've heard it all before from him and clearly it didn't mean anything. So I have no interest in hearing another prepared speech that ticks all of the boxes but means fuck all.

Unless he's willing to say he's giving up alcohol and will get a castration, then I don't know what he can say which will make the situation any better...

TroopSalute

Kennel Participant
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I understand everyone's anger and frustration thinking (oh no ...here we go again) more unnecessary headlines, more shit on the club and now the media is doing cartwheels with not just any story but one that headlines the Bulldogs.

As for his punishment ... Public humiliation is a form of punishment itself, the impact surrounding his family, will weigh down bigger than any fine ... he needs to get his house in order and the Bulldogs need to be supporting him as that extends to his partner and his child.

It's about time the Bulldogs told the media, it's a private matter and is been dealt with internally ... give the media moguls nothing.!!!

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we aren't sacking him then we are only fucking ourself by giving him a suspension. If the coach sees him as in the best 17 then play him to benefit us. Can flog him at training or make him wash the training gear for a couple of weeks, just don't see the point in making our team weaker if the NRL don't give a shit

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

The only apology he needs to make are to the people directly affected. Personally I don't need no apology, he did me no harm, maybe that's because I couldn't give a rats about some PC bullshit on social media pumped up by the woke crowd.

Let's get real, opposition fans hate us, almost as much as we hate them so this incident, whatever it actually was, will make zero difference.

Go Dogs

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You make some fair and reasonable points wendog but if this was a street fight Elliott would be deemed the instigator. I can't help think that if he didnt have his tongue down the throat of his best mate's wife then Lichaa wouldn't be charged or having surgery on his arm.

The guy is immorally guilty and if the club and Laundy's want to rebuild our culture back to the family club of the 80's then Adam 'Fabio' Elliott needs to be dropped for an extended period, I'd even sack him because this is his second offence in twelve months that has brought the clubs image down, not his first.
I can't argue that.

He got himself into this and didn't have the where with all to consider every single relationship he was shattering.

Wife, child, friend, club, team mates, fans.

Hard lesson but I hope he can be get counselling and some positive life skills to cope.

I feel devastated for all concerned but yes apart from doing the dirty to one of his best mates, the point you raise about Lichaa is so right. He now has criminal charges against him and a possible divorce and less contact with his children. The wife is just as guilty but that doesnt help Lichaa. Adam has half responsibility for Lichaa's fate as well.

Sad all round and alcohol probably to blame to a high degree.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I understand everyone's anger and frustration thinking (oh no ...here we go again) more unnecessary headlines, more shit on the club and now the media is doing cartwheels with not just any story but one that headlines the Bulldogs.

As for his punishment ... Public humiliation is a form of punishment itself, the impact surrounding his family, will weigh down bigger than any fine ... he needs to get his house in order and the Bulldogs need to be supporting him as that extends to his partner and his child.

It's about time the Bulldogs told the media, it's a private matter and is been dealt with internally ... give the media moguls nothing.!!!
Sounds good in theory but the press dont give up.

We need a strategy to deal with the realities of player misbehaviour and how the media tear strips off the Bulldogs.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The only apology he needs to make are to the people directly affected. Personally I don't need no apology, he did me no harm, maybe that's because I couldn't give a rats about some PC bullshit on social media pumped up by the woke crowd.

Let's get real, opposition fans hate us, almost as much as we hate them so this incident, whatever it actually was, will make zero difference.

Go Dogs
You are entitled to your opinion.

I'd like Adam to front up, admit that he has hurt the club's reputation and move on.

I think it would do his reputation the world of good with fans and give the club confidence in him being able to handle compromising situations in the future.

There's 10 thousand opinions on this.

This is just mine.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I'm over this whole story. I'm sure the noise will die down once the season starts but who knows how much this will affect Elliott's form.. I wouldn't be surprised if one way or another he's not at the club by this time next year.
2091 Dally M lock or back rower of the year. Will play origin in 2022. Future club captain snd life member.

Won’t be here next year? LOLLLL