Michael Lichaa DV charge and current Bulldog not of interest to Police.

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bringing the club into disrepute would be breaching the code of conduct as it could be argued this incident might potentially cost the club sponsors, memberships etc...

Considering it's not his first incident with his previous Mad Monday behaviour and the shitstorm that created, then they'll be less likely to be lenient with him.

As others have pointed out, he was also getting shitfaced while rehabbing from injury which breaks team rules. Factor everything in and I'd think they'd have grounds to sack him if they wanted to. Whether they do or not is another matter.
His Rehab was over he was back to full training.

I honestly don't think the club would be able to just sack him , they could possibly try and move him on to another club. But I don't think he has brought the club into disrepute it's a personal matter. The only person in trouble so far is Lichaa. So I'm not convinced he has broken his contract with the club

Whatever the club does I'll support its decision either way

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
40 pages of experts but NO ONE knows exactly what happened.
Give Lichaa his house back and kick out the chick
So far the actual police report says that lichaa busted his Mrs and Elliott kissing on the back deck

Now whether that's true or not is a whole other story lol

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah but this situation is different. If the players don't trust him and don't want him in the team then management needs to be aware of that - and they need to try and get rid of him - even if they want to keep him because it will have a negative impact on the team.

If the players don't care, and management doesn't care, then we move on

Players shouldn't necessarily be consulted on the coach but when it concerns the conduct of a player they absolutely need to be consulted because it can affect the harmony of the team
Technically you are right, but I believe that the management must make the hard decision and find a way away from the club for Elliott.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I honestly don't think the club would be able to just sack him , they could possibly try and move him on to another club. But I don't think he has brought the club into dispute it's a personal matter. The only person in trouble so far is Lichaa. So I'm not convinced he has broken his contract with the club
Pearce sends flirty text to an employee of the club, lost the captaincy and was then offered a shit deal on a new contract. Elliot has a history of being a fucknuckle and has now messed with a former team mates missus.. I know footballers (forwards in particular) are not the sharpest tools in the shed, but this bloke is a blunt butter knife and now is a good time to piss him off.

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
His Rehab was over he was back to full training.

I honestly don't think the club would be able to just sack him , they could possibly try and move him on to another club. But I don't think he has brought the club into dispute it's a personal matter. The only person in trouble so far is Lichaa. So I'm not convinced he has broken his contract with the club

Whatever the club does I'll support its decision either way
That's where the bringing the club into disrepute condition of the code of conduct is a grey area and somewhat subjective. I think they could if they went down that road based on what I mentioned earlier, but maybe they can't or won't..

It might be difficult to shop him while this story is in the headlines as another club might not want to take on the headache and distraction this story would bring right before the start of the season. So it will be interesting to see what, if anything, happens in the next few weeks.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take this with a grain of salt as it's not my usual source but basically it's up to Laundy if Elliott gets the sack or not.
Elliiott might survive then if Arthur was prepared to have the Bachelor home visit dinner with Stu and Sophie Monk at his house and televised. She was dating other guys at the same time.

Last edited:

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's where the bringing the club into disrepute condition of the code of conduct is a grey area and somewhat subjective. I think they could if they went down that road based on what I mentioned earlier, but maybe they can't or won't..

It might be difficult to shop him while this story is in the headlines as another club might not want to take on the headache and distraction this story would bring right before the start of the season. So it will be interesting to see what, if anything, happens in the next few weeks.
I think if a club needs a player in his position they will take him instantly despite the scandal. Just think if we had the chance to sign a gun 9 or prop (like Haas), even if they were in the news due to a scandal, we would likely sign them up in a heartbeat

Luckily for us we have an Elliot clone in Doorey and a potential gun in Topine who can both cover for Elliot so he is dispensable

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually hope the club take a hard stand and sack him for bringing the club into disrepute and damaging its brand. It's not his first offence so you would think if the club is serious about setting standards and improving its culture, then they need to part ways with him.

A line in the sand so to speak needs to be drawn to teach selfish players that their actions affect more than themselves and that there will be ramifications.
Can't sack him for that.If we moved him on we'd be paying for another former player to play against us.

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think if a club needs a player in his position they will take him instantly despite the scandal. Just think if we had the chance to sign a gun 9 or prop (like Haas), even if they were in the news due to a scandal, we would likely sign them up in a heartbeat

Luckily for us we have an Elliot clone in Doorey and a potential gun in Topine who can both cover for Elliot so he is dispensable
He'll definitely get another opportunity somewhere and be in demand as a player. But it would have to be a player swap as almost no clubs would have 450k of cap space left to take him.

Plus they'd have to take the pulse of their playing group, sponsors and board to see if there are any reservations about signing Elliott. Then again, if serial sleazes like Pearce and Greg Bird etc can get signed by other clubs, then I'm sure Elliott will eventually.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bringing the club into disrepute would be breaching the code of conduct as it could be argued this incident might potentially cost the club sponsors, memberships etc...

Considering it's not his first incident with his previous Mad Monday behaviour and the shitstorm that created, then they'll be less likely to be lenient with him.

As others have pointed out, he was also getting shitfaced while rehabbing from injury which breaks team rules. Factor everything in and I'd think they'd have grounds to sack him if they wanted to. Whether they do or not is another matter.
Disagree, no way he can be sacked. Also unless club immediately breath tested him how would they know or prove he was shitfaced.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Disagree can't sack him. Also unless club immediately breath tested him how would they know or prove he was shitfaced.
We'll see. You might be right. They might not even be considering moving him and might stand by him for all we know. No scenario would be surprise me to be honest.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned, it is a personal matter and the club hasn't been brought into disrepute because it was his personal choice in his own time and questions his own morals, not that of the club. Absolutely shits me with guys like Buzz and The Mole who decide to attack the Bulldogs culture because of incidents that reflected poorly on the club almost 20 years ago... the place has changed!!!

That being said, we do have an influx of edge forwards/locks and Elliott is on decent coin. If for the good of the playing group is for him to be elsewhere, I think the Dragons would take Elliott in a heartbeat and pay the full freight. No De Bellin, No McInness, they're crying out for someone with a bit of experience in that position. Would also give us the ability to develop Doorey and Topine for 2022 and free up cap space to go after a couple signings in the forwards for next year such as bringing back Finucane (unlikely), Hudson Young, Nathan Brown (good relationship with Cotric), Dunamis Lui.

All I'm saying is we shouldn't sack him but if I was Warburton, you need to assess the impact on the playing group and work out if it is best for all parties to part ways.

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Pearce sends flirty text to an employee of the club, lost the captaincy and was then offered a shit deal on a new contract. Elliot has a history of being a fucknuckle and has now messed with a former team mates missus.. I know footballers (forwards in particular) are not the sharpest tools in the shed, but this bloke is a blunt butter knife and now is a good time to piss him off.
I'm not disagreeing with you I just don't think legally the club would be able to sack him. It probably depends a lot on what the NRL integrity unit says.

Look what happened to Okunbor and CHN they got sacked took it to tribunal and got reinstated

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Elliott's missus is likely to leave him because of his cheating then he'll play shit all season because he's depressed with the other shit on his mind in between partying with various Instagram starlets keen to make a sex tape with anyone slightly famous (and dumb enough like Elliott).

If he wanted to f..k around he should have done what heaps of other married guys do and go to a brothel - no controversy there.

If he has no control when he's drunk it's only a matter of time before he does something else stupid and we lose our major sponsor. Arthur doesn't sound happy already. Wants to talk to our players about not embarrassing him.

Trade Elliot now for whatever we can get. Be proactive for once - not reactive. Reactive loses sponsors.

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Dogs probably could sack Elliott but the problem is it's not clear cut enough when you have to argue your case over dismissal it can be a flip of the coin once the lawyers are involved. The last thing we need is a drawn out legal case that we could possibly lose.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We'll see. You might be right. They might not even be considering moving him and might stand by him for all we know. No scenario would be surprise me to be honest.
Yeah any way it plays out it's going to be messy and definitely an unwanted distraction. Really stupid thing to do. Had it happened last year they probably wouldn't have fought to re-sign him.