News Matt Burton wants out

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They released Laurie who is a back up fullback... Cleary is being a **** cause baz got one over him
Laurie was 3rd in line at best and on a development contract so we couldn't use him until June 30th.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Funny thing is it's been said by Nathan, Gus and Ivan that he was going to make Nathan wait longer to debut and some of us (read me) suspect it played a part in getting sacked the first time. He was heavily criticized during his first run at Panthers for being conservative and only giving guys a shot in first grade when given no other choice due to injuries.
That is completely different to a career path being blocked for a junior that will remain in your system for years to come.. as oppose to a player that has signed elsewhere because he is of first grade talent and is stuck in reserve grade for a year till that contract starts..

Like I said, I have no problem with Penrith holding a player to a contract.. they just need to drop the bullshit spin that they keep feeding people..

If they simply said, he is contracted to us and we need him as depth in our top 30 and unless it's to our benefit, we have no need to release him..

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny thing is it's been said by Nathan, Gus and Ivan that he was going to make Nathan wait longer to debut and some of us (read me) suspect it played a part in getting sacked the first time. He was heavily criticized during his first run at Panthers for being conservative and only giving guys a shot in first grade when given no other choice due to injuries.
Sounds like our last couple of coaches.

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Probably I’ve got no idea how it works:tearsofjoy:

I just don’t think you can keep someone from earning their value either and at the moment he’s got a club who is paying 125k or so and another club who wants to pay him 450k right away. He should be allowed to go an earn his value. If the contracts were similar then he should stay at Penrith but they are not even close.
This touches a very valid and important point...

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it possible that we signed Ava to in order to trade him for Burton? Except we carry his salary on our cap.

Reactions: rfs

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
This touches a very valid and important point...
Even if Burton was paid the same amount as he is being paid at the Panthers he'd want to leave early. The game time's the big one.

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That is completely different to a career path being blocked for a junior that will remain in your system for years to come.. as oppose to a player that has signed elsewhere because he is of first grade talent and is stuck in reserve grade for a year till that contract starts..

Like I said, I have no problem with Penrith holding a player to a contract.. they just need to drop the bullshit spin that they keep feeding people..

If they simple said, he is contracted to us and we need him as depth in our top 30 and unless it's to our benefit, we have no need to release him..
Which is basically what Brandy did.

That comment I responded to just reminded me of the many arguments had about Ivan as coach among our side.

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Plus 2 back up halves as well as burton and this proves they are being *****
Nah if we lose Nathan for any reason Burton will be straight in. He has the better game management and kicking game in particular.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Which is basically what Brandy did.

That comment I responded to just reminded me of the many arguments had about Ivan as coach among our side.
Brandy may be, but Ivan has not, hence why people are getting their backs up..

I like hate hypocrites and liars.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
and Ivan Cleary is salty cause baz got one over him lol and you know it
Got what over him? Burton was never re-signing with Penrith with Luai/Cleary favoured ahead of him. If we didn't have Baz he probably would've signed with the Storm for 2022.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Got what over him? Burton was never re-signing with Penrith with Luai/Cleary favoured ahead of him. If we didn't have Baz he probably would've signed with the Storm for 2022.
Ivan was boasting about how he is in their plans lol what are you smoking

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For mine it's a shame Avo got injured and we might be forced now into a seemingly regretful trade. I'm not sure if we can let go of a middle forward at the moment in order to gain a half. Maybe a choice of Lewis or Wakeham would suit us to swap. If okunbor wasn't injured I would even suggest Meaney as excess even though I like him.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
INSIDER NEWS FROM A PLAYER

We are preparing to have Burton with us against Newcastle.

PS won't name the player publicially, but those with a good memory will know the player and the link I have with him.