News Matt Burton wants out

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No other world do you get a pay rise with another company that’s 3x what your making at your current employment and have to wait 12 months for that opportunity to leave and make that money. The NRL has many issues and this is one of them.

Of course Burton wants to leave immediately he misses out on 300-400k by sitting in reserves for 12 months. I wonder if he could go to fair work about it? That should get the release finalised...
If there was such a thing as to going to fair work for an NRL contract surely he wouldn't have a leg to stand on as he agreed to terms and would be bound by the contract he signed with Penrith.

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Your club has said burton is backup centre so thats not true ,hooper is right
I said Burton would be back up halfback and a few days later Brandy came out and said the same thing. We would have developed him elsewhere if he was staying but now he's going to play half for the dogs.

“If (Nathan) Cleary goes down, Matt Burton will be the halfback,” he said.

“He’s such an important player even though he’s not in the starting 17.

“He very well could be at some stage in the year.”

After an injury-interrupted 2020, Brandy laid out Burton’s role in this Penrith squad.

“If something happens Matt Burton is there,” he added.

“There's cover for Jarome Luai, Tyrone May can play five-eighth. But there's no one really there to play halfback and Matt Burton could do that.”

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I said Burton would be back up halfback and a few days later Brandy came out and said the same thing. We would have developed him elsewhere if he was staying but now he's going to play half for the dogs.

After an injury-interrupted 2020, Brandy laid out Burton’s role in this Penrith squad.

“There's cover for Jarome Luai, Tyrone May can play five-eighth. But there's no one really there to play halfback and Matt Burton could do that.”
Old Panther... you’ve just released C Atkins and that other player to the Tigers who were each an understudy to your fullback. Who’d be the back up fullback then?

I understand that Burton would get slotted in if Cleary got injured, but I don’t think that would be the case with May ahead of him

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

But the coach says centre mmmm in any case great that you’re loyal to your team but blind freddy can see ivan is being spiteful and displaying massive double standards

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Your contributions have, in the past, been informative and well-structured but now your narrative is going around in circles and floundering.

Your rhetoric is getting tired and maybe it's time you leave TK and rejoin the circle jerk back at the foot of the mountains.
I have to agree...fuck off back with the bogans.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Since joining and reading posts all i see is a lot of negative assholes either slamming our players or team the Bulldogs are the Bulldogs win or lose if you don't support the Bulldogs fuck off this is the Kennel
Lollll wtf lay off the meth buddy it's a bit early

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
But the coach says centre mmmm in any case great that you’re loyal to your team but blind freddy can see ivan is being spiteful and displaying massive double standards
He isn't being spiteful, he's just chatting absolute shit because he's a dickhead and won't admit that Burton is just there as backup for the starting halves.

Like I said previously our fans just need to get over it and stop acting so entitled, we knew he had a year to run but signed him this far out anyway. I know if I was a Panthers fan and Cleary or Luai went down then i'd 100% prefer Burton coming in over May or Salmon.

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Old Panther... you’ve just released C Atkins and that other player to the Tigers who were each an understudy to your fullback. Who’d be the back up fullback then?

I understand that Burton would get slotted in if Cleary got injured, but I don’t think that would be the case with May ahead of him
Staines and Crichton can both play fullback. Staines natural position is actually fullback.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Staines and Crichton can both play fullback. Staines natural position is actually fullback.
If that’s the case then.... you’ve just released Mansour and Whare from your backline, who’d come in on the wing for Staines?

Not being smart, but it just smells of double standards on the Panthers that Burton has to stay as the backup.... but all these others you’ve released with no compensation in return is okay??

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If that’s the case then.... you’ve just released Mansour and Whare from your backline, who’d come in on the wing for Staines?

Not being smart, but it just smells of double standards on the Panthers that Burton has to stay as the backup.... but all these others you’ve released with no compensation in return is okay??
We have Momirovski and Jennings. So far there's been mutual benefit. For example we get cap space and the player gets a deal somewhere eg. Mansour getting a deal at souths while we get to promote Staines.

It's why I am fairly convinced Ava is a part of all this. There was very strong rumours we were getting him then it died suddenly and a few weeks later the Dogs get him. Huge coincidence and I'd be 100% happy to see it happen.

Gawd_Dawg_BB

Banned
Reaction score
I'd cap all salaries through the NRL then the players would play where they want to be