Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At the right price, why not. We must still have money left for this year. His experience and athleticism could only be a positive. It would also bolster our depth and versatility in the backs. Not to mention the amount of media exposure he would give to our sponsors

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
At the right price, why not. We must still have money left for this year. His experience and athleticism could only be a positive. It would also bolster our depth and versatility in the backs. Not to mention the amount of media exposure he would give to our sponsors
Mate, you have to be kidding about the last bit....sponsor backlash was a huge part of the reason the dragons withdrew their offer. Sponsors want the sort of publicity he brings like I want COVID.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate, you have to be kidding about the last bit....sponsor backlash was a huge part of the reason the dragons withdrew their offer. Sponsors want the sort of publicity he brings like I want COVID.
How many posts in this thread ...................... you really must have a big hate going on for Folau. Has he done something to you personally?

Go Dogs

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
How many posts in this thread ...................... you really must have a big hate going on for Folau. Has he done something to you personally?

Go Dogs
Who are you, the thread police? Lol.

I don't hate him, but I think he's a tool and I don't want him anywhere near this club....that ok with you?

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Every media outlet would be interested, pictures of him wearing the jersey would be everywhere, thus promoting our sponsors. When Hayne signed with the Titans, it was estimated his presence gave them a million dollars worth of promotion. Plus the amount of “ bums on seats” curiosity about his return would provide the club

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Every media outlet would be interested, pictures of him wearing the jersey would be everywhere, thus promoting our sponsors. When Hayne signed with the Titans, it was estimated his presence gave them a million dollars worth of promotion. Plus the amount of “ bums on seats” curiosity about his return would provide the club
The Dragons just abandoned a bid for his signature due to a huge backlash from both fans and sponsors, but ok. If that's your take on it...

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Dragons just abandoned a bid for his signature due to a huge backlash from both fans and sponsors, but ok. If that's your take on it...
That was just a smoke screen, to take the focus off the fact they were letting go of their captain and best player. But it does highlight my point about the exposure he would bring.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
So you do hate him then ;)

Go Dogs
Comprehension is not your strong suit, is it? You do realise there is a difference between hate and dislike? I'm starting to dislike you for trying to make this personal, but I'd never go as far as to say I hate you.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
"There's no such thing as bad publicity” is a proverb attributed to P.T. Barnum and Oscar Wilde wrote, “There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.”

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Comprehension is not your strong suit, is it? You do realise there is a difference between hate and dislike? I'm starting to dislike you for trying to make this personal, but I'd never go as far as to say I hate you.
Go Dogs
You missed the wink ;)

Of Course Go Dogs

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
"There's no such thing as bad publicity” is a proverb attributed to P.T. Barnum and Oscar Wilde wrote, “There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.”

Go Dogs
Lol I think you'll find most contemporary marketing experts and analysts would have a slightly different take.....how did that philosophy work out for Guido Barilla?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
And how did all that work out for the Titans?

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And how did all that work out for the Titans?
Well they were a crap side playing in front of a near capacity crowd at home that they wouldn’t otherwise had. They also paid around a million for Hayne.I doubt Falou would get paid near that. Falou’s skills in the air would provide a bunch of spectacular crowd pleasing tries.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The problem is the media and their agenda against us will be even stronger.

Folau is not the problem, it's all the bullshit that will come outside of footy. He will perform and give us another good attacking option but I'd opt against it because it will give fuel to the media and kill our sponsorship deals.