Australia day / invasion Day shit fight thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
When people start bagging out Aboriginals for their Invasion Day rhetoric, I just say what if the Chinese arrived here with their First Fleet.

Killed the majority of us, took our houses and land and rounded us up and taken to outback settlements and children taken off us into unpaid slavery on Church missions.

Two hundred years of this same treatment they've endured, we be just as bitter.
You make it out as if aboriginals born today face unequal access to things the rest of us have access to.

are aboriginals denied education? health care?

on the contrary there is plenty of govt hand outs and services which are given exclusively to aboriginals which are denied to anyone else.

If you’re looking for current race based discrimination you can start there

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The date doesn't mean a whole lot to me.

If the First Nations people want it changed and will make them happy, just do it.

Not exactly a long tradition.

The first time ALL Australian states celebrated Australia Day on the same day was in 1994.

I do agree though that we do need an Australia Day to celebrate us.

When we finally declare a republic and stand on our own 2 feet and get rid of all associations of colonialism, THAT should be Australia Day.

Preferably May 8th (mayeight, say that quickly).

What is more Australian than that?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

If the First Nations people want it changed and will make them happy, just do it.

The first time ALL Australian states celebrated Australia Day on the same day was in 1994.

When we finally declare a republic and stand on our own 2 feet and get rid of all associations of colonialism, THAT should be Australia Day.

No

It has to be in summer. I want beach and sun and bbq

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Just make it a 3 day weekend and who gives a fuck what date.

Real Aussies just want a day off fuck ya! Lol

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
ok.

Just for you.

We can move Australia Day to May 8th and keep Invasion Day as a 4 day weekend around 26/01 for @ASSASSIN and so the First Nations have something to protest.

Too much?
I prefer February, that way if I want to organise a long wkend trip i know there will be no fucking families with kids because the kids will only just be back at school.

Fuck annoying kids with their families

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
ok.

Just for you.

We can move Australia Day to May 8th and keep Invasion Day as a 4 day weekend around 26/01 for @ASSASSIN and so the First Nations have something to protest.

Too much?
Good enough for me my bro, I wouldn't need to protest lol

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Comes up every year talk about flogging a dead horse..I’m no racist but why change it now ffs

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I prefer February, that way if I want to organise a long wkend trip i know there will be no fucking families with kids because the kids will only just be back at school.

Fuck annoying kids with their families
I will see what I can do.

I will ring Scottie from Accounting and have him wave his magic wand. (His wife hates it when he does that).

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't get why they can't do both, they can celebrate invasion day on the 26th and we can celebrate Australia Day. Everyone can just do their own thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.