Australia day / invasion Day shit fight thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I just discovered that I'm Aboriginal.
Although this is funny, it’s actually also quite insightful when you look at the increasing number of ppl who self identified as aboriginal at the last census.

The number of ppl claiming to be aboriginal increased by 19% from 2011-2016.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Happy Australia Day boys. I’m celebrating by lacing up the work boots in 40 degree heat!! The things we do for this great country. Beers are on ice for now
Hats off to you my friend. Straya was built on hard yakka.

What a classic ad. We used to revere working class men in Aus, these days they would be labelled something negative.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Racism of any kind is shit. Including when white people are called white c*** by non-whites. Or bashed for that same reason.
Or doesn't that happen?
According to the media white ppl are mostly the only racist ppl.

Personally, I think anyone of any skin colour or ethnicity can be racist. We shouldn’t go around saying that ppl with one skin colour owe people of another skin colour some arbitrary financial figure.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hats off to you my friend. Straya was built on hard yakka.

What a classic ad. We used to revere working class men in Aus, these days they would be labelled something negative.
Yep. Qualities that were instilled by my father and grandfather. Oh wells, back to it. Enjoy ya day.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m not sure why we don’t change it all. I can see both sides of the arguement. It was aboriginal land for generations. My mother is English and now Australia is a land of opportunity for all people that want to come. Our national anthem is horrible and only been in since the 80s, I would change to an edited version of I am Australian from the seekers. Let’s change the flag and let’s chnage the date. The date can be when we decide to make these changes and move forward. These protests are only going to get worse and let’s try and find common ground and get our national day back to a day of celebration where everyone can celebrate

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They should whip those protesters.. one buffoon just said on the news Australia Day is about invasion, theft, murder and disposition

But on the other hand they hold their hand out for welfare payments, enjoy the air conditioning, eat decent food , use hospitals for free and medicine.

Someone should put them in their place, let's imagine this country without the English/euro/Asian settlers? what would the progress be under indigenous isolation? They would be running about aimlessly with a stick in each hand to club one another about the head.

That's the brutal truth like it or not. Say thankyou for everyone's contributions (even including the indigenous) and stop being so sensitive, everyone shut up and enjoy the way of living that we have, enjoy the day off, have a steak and beer

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
According to the media white ppl are mostly the only racist ppl.

Personally, I think anyone of any skin colour or ethnicity can be racist. We shouldn’t go around saying that ppl with one skin colour owe people of another skin colour some arbitrary financial figure.
I owe an orange skinned guy $10. I bet him if he soaked in tanning oil overnight, he wouldn't turn orange permanently. I was wrong.

At least he has a decent chance at becoming President.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I owe an orange skinned guy $10. I bet him if he soaked in tanning oil overnight, he wouldn't turn orange permanently. I was wrong.

At least he has a decent chance at becoming President.
When your friend turned turned Orange did you say ‘Tough Titties’?

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m not sure why we don’t change it all. I can see both sides of the arguement. It was aboriginal land for generations. My mother is English and now Australia is a land of opportunity for all people that want to come. Our national anthem is horrible and only been in since the 80s, I would change to an edited version of I am Australian from the seekers. Let’s change the flag and let’s chnage the date. The date can be when we decide to make these changes and move forward. These protests are only going to get worse and let’s try and find common ground and get our national day back to a day of celebration where everyone can celebrate
I agree with your comments.
But I feel I the problem is too complex and we will never find a way forward.
What do Indigenous Australians want?
I still dont know the answer to that question.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
had a chuckle at this from today's protests.
A speaker at the event, Gwenda Stanley, told a crowd of more than 500 people that it was time Indigenous Australians were given proper reparations.

“A million dollars for each black person,” she said.

“Don’t be fooled by the Uluru statement from the arse. Let’s do reparations before treaty. A million dollars for each black person and than we can talk treaty.”
Thats the issue in part. Even if we make changes that some want, there'll always be bigger demands from others which increase the expectation.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Happy genocide day, colonialist swine. Long may we celebrate our rich history of dispossession and socially sanctioned alcoholism.

Straya!

Last edited:

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Just change the date does anyone actually care if it gets changed?

I reckon have 3 days. Indigenous day recognise the traditional owners 2 day celebrate the English arrival here and reflect on some of the things but happened but and day 3 multicultural day celebrating modern Australia and then we get a mad little break.

Become a republic, change the flag to the Aboriginal flag with the Southern Cross in the sun and change the Anthem to half English half Indigenous like the kiwis do. I know there are hundreds of indigenous languages so I don’t know how you work that out but.

Last edited:

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just change the date does anyone actually care if it gets changed?
Nope, I dont care if we change it.
Do you think there will be no protests on the new date.
Not trying to be a smart arse, serious question

Status
Not open for further replies.