Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
“This would stop the epidemic," Karan responded.

The face mask that could end the pandemic
By Keri Enriquez

sure you can argue nuance and claim that stopping an epidemic is not the same as eradicating a virus but within the context of an article written for common people, the point is most people would read this and assume that if everyone worse a mask that somehow covid will stop being a problem.

Which is demonstrably false given the experience of the entire northern hemisphere for months now
No. I highly doubt most people would make that assumption based on the wording. I think most people are more logical and less bias than you.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
No. I highly doubt most people would make that assumption based on the wording. I think most people are more logical and less bias than you.
‘End the pandemic’.

Lol if you don’t think most ppl would assume the connotation this sentence provides then you’re further removed from reality than I thought.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
‘End the pandemic’.

Lol if you don’t think most ppl would assume the connotation this sentence provides then you’re further removed from reality than I thought.
As soon as you read past the sensationalist heading, most can work out the heading is just click bait. Ending the pandemic is not "curing" the virus *eye roll*

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
As soon as you read past the sensationalist heading, most can work out the heading is just click bait. Ending the pandemic is not "curing" the virus *eye roll*

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

You confirm then that you really should read the whole article, not just the heading, before you jump on your keyboard with a misinformed reply to every single link that is shared here :grinning:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Another day with no local transmissions! Compulsory mask wearing is doing a great job..the truth is in the results!! Keep vigilant..and mask up.. :mask:
View attachment 20705
We went much longer with no masks though. It’s the hotel quarantine letting us down. I hope they get that sorted. I’m glad I’m not where masks are compulsory and no one wears them

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We went much longer with no masks though. It’s the hotel quarantine letting us down. I hope they get that sorted. I’m glad I’m not where masks are compulsory and no one wears them
Doesn’t bother me! Totally agree that quarantine is letting the side down!

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It's a bit of a hard thing to research as you can't infect people with a potentially deadly virus just to find out how to combat it. It's like neurology research. Most of our understanding of the brain comes from brain injury. Usually car accidents. But you can't damage someone's brain just to figure out how it works.

Advice could change again too. It's unlikely that the mask advice will change now as the research is pretty solid but other aspects could change based on new research. That's not a bad thing. That's how the scientific process works. It's a learning process.

The WHO is a bit pathetic though. They do a lot to help. For example, they are responsible fro eradicating small pox, and shutting down many Ebola outbreaks. But their pandering to China is pretty bad. Especially things like refusing to accept that Taiwan exists.
They might do some good but they are corrupt, sell themselves to the highest bidder and yep pander to the scum of the earth, China

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It’s the hotel quarantine letting us down.
It definitely was - the ACME security guards in Melbourne and more recently airline crews in Sydney. The airlines originally argued that they wouldn’t fly here if their crews had to be quarantined, but thankfully Gladys told them to get stuffed after the recent outbreak and and now airline crews must quarantine in only two hotels whilst they’re here. That helps.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
It definitely was - the ACME security guards in Melbourne and more recently airline crews in Sydney. The airlines originally argued that they wouldn’t fly here if their crews had to be quarantined, but thankfully Gladys told them to get stuffed after the recent outbreak and and now airline crews must quarantine in only two hotels whilst they’re here. That helps.
Some (many) airlines were already quarantining their pilots at quarantine hotels in Sydney which were managed by army and nsw police. It was a small number that had their pilots quarantining in other places.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Some (many) airlines were already quarantining their pilots at quarantine hotels in Sydney which were managed by army and nsw police. It was a small number that had their pilots quarantining in other places.
So?
That’s how it got out.
And it wasn’t just pilots but cabin crews.
Now it’s one rule for everyone, which is how it should’ve been from the beginning.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score

We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection. Public health authorities define a significant exposure to Covid-19 as face-to-face contact within 6 feet with a patient with symptomatic Covid-19 that is sustained for at least a few minutes (and some say more than 10 minutes or even 30 minutes).

The chance of catching Covid-19 from a passing interaction in a public space is therefore minimal. In many cases, the desire for widespread masking is a reflexive reaction to anxiety over the pandemic.

But the plentiful evidence we have indicates masks would not meaningfully help with aerosol transmission, where two people are just in the same area, or even the same room. This is because the two people end up breathing the same air, with or without a mask, as visually demonstrated in this video:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Serious question...

If it wasn't for that shitty cruise ship, would we even have corona here?

PS don't know why I quoted you bro lol

The question just popped up.

Status
Not open for further replies.