doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think the only spot available for ave once burton comes here is centre

Diatribe 2000

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If we get Burton for 21, I'd play him FB in the CC, and let him develop as FB there, in 2022 who knows Allan could replace Hoppa or DWZ, and Avo could become the Rockstar FB we've been dreaming about, or if Burton is as good as some say he could slot in some other position and AVO to his favoured 5/8.
I don't think AVO would become a really great player in any position other than 5/8 or FB.
I'm not convinced that we will be able to buy to many more Supper Stars either, aka Staggs
Those guys love eating late night meals

Diatribe 2000

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This year backline will be light years ahead of last season. I’m hoping DWZ finds form again, really do. Unsure if Meaney will find much game time when all fit.

Next year our backline is goin to be epic I reckon. Allen, JAC, Cotric, Avo, Ok,DWZ, Burton and Flanno. Where they all fit who knows. If we actually get Staggs, damn. A lot tied up on the backline though if we do.
Need to find room for Alamoti
He will be 18 in 2022

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scenes when Jake turns out better than Burton but we've locked Burton into a bigger contract and Jake leaves lol.
That may come true avo better, though in my opinion Burton will get dally m at some point.

Avo’s isn’t a center or winger either so who what happens with him.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That may come true avo better, though in my opinion Burton will get dally m at some point.

I agree with Burton pretty obvious he will be a sensation but ave is young and with some good coaching and some more muscle he could easily be moulded into a centre,I really feel with Burton and allan its what has to happen

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scenes when Jake turns out better than Burton but we've locked Burton into a bigger contract and Jake leaves lol.
Now that's a possibility, however perhaps a more likely possibility is Cleary or some clever Penrith diehard, or perhaps even (Gould) (he has already tried to turn Barrett away from our club after he had signed), gets into his ear and then he wants to renege on his contract. (one full season is along time in football terms.)

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Now that's a possibility, however perhaps a more likely possibility is Cleary or some clever Penrith diehard, or perhaps even (Gould) (he has already tried to turn Barrett away from our club after he had signed), gets into his ear and then he wants to renege on his contract. (one full season is along time in football terms.)
I wouldn’t put it past those fuckers...

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Making a bold prediction. Averillo to kill it at 5/8 this season with him and flano leading us to the finals.

Next season Burton will play lock.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Burton is further along in his development both physically and mentally and has been brought up within a better system than Jake...though if Burton doesn't come along this season (I think he will) then Jake potentially has a chance to jump ahead of him imo.

Jake is an extremely gifted athlete with good awareness and silky ball skills... honestly offensively he could play across the halves, centre or at fullback without issue. Just needs to get right physically and build confidence in his defence (hopefully we have a better system in place this year).

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If that does happen I think we could still possibly keep both. Burton’s deal is under $500k isn’t it? So that amount wouldn’t be back breaking.

The funny thing is Jake has more NRL experience then Burton at the minute and for all the massive wraps Burton gets he is pretty much untested in first grade especially in the halves.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Making a bold prediction. Averillo to kill it at 5/8 this season with him and flano leading us to the finals.

Next season Burton will play lock.
I doubt Burton would ever play lock, on an edge maybe. Ball playing locks are a myth imo.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He can’t reneg on the deal now it would just be like getting a release from any contract. Penrith is also extremely tight on cap space.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Baz doesn’t have to find Avo shit

Avo needs to perform this season and the rest takes care of itself

Simples
Exactly.. He is our Wighton/Gutherson. He will eventually slot in somewhere.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Na, Burton wants to be here now and I doubt that will change over the season.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt Burton would ever play lock, on an edge maybe. Ball playing locks are a myth imo.
With the changes in the rules and how the game is played now. The return of the ball ball playing lock (20+ years on) is the way the game is headed.

The big man in the game will become a rare commodity over the next little while. Seeing mobile packs with the lock as a second 5/8.

Burton could most definitely end up at lock.