Avo

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Clearly was not ready, Guy was getting smashed last year every time hed take a shot he would have to get off the field.
He got a concussion, studs to the face and was playing through a leg injury. He wanted to play but Pay held him back even after passing HIA protocols.

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’m a bit confused. There’s a lot of love for Burton here who has played I think 6 games of first grade. And we have Avarillo who was probably in our top three players last year along with RFM and Foran. And we are suggesting Avo as a utility?

Has to be Avarillo every day of the week to start surely. What’s the rush with getting Burton in? I don’t see how he is a walk up start if he comes this year.
Burton is a walk up start because Baz has history with him and specifically poached him from the Panthers for his running style and attacking prowess in the halves.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Well Flanos talking him right up as being his pick for partner, and saying he has something special. He may even start at 5/8 in round 1. If he smashes it this year, and we have JAC and Burton coming, we may need to shed players like Meaney and DWZ to keep Avo in the FG side, perhaps at FB with JAC on the wing or visa versa. Cotric isnt being dropped lol. Neither is Hopoate.

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well Flanos talking him right up as being his pick for partner, and saying he has something special. He may even start at 5/8 in round 1. If he smashes it this year, and we have JAC and Burton coming, we may need to shed players like Meaney and DWZ to keep Avo in the FG side, perhaps at FB with JAC on the wing or visa versa. Cotric isnt being dropped lol. Neither is Hopoate.
If avo is 5/8 until burton gets here and he carves up which I think he will, I’d train avo for fullback as Allen would be better suited centre or winger than avo.

Burton has to 6, he’s an absolute weapon.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This year backline will be light years ahead of last season. I’m hoping DWZ finds form again, really do. Unsure if Meaney will find much game time when all fit.

Next year our backline is goin to be epic I reckon. Allen, JAC, Cotric, Avo, Ok,DWZ, Burton and Flanno. Where they all fit who knows. If we actually get Staggs, damn. A lot tied up on the backline though if we do.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
This year backline will be light years ahead of last season. I’m hoping DWZ finds form again, really do. Unsure if Meaney will find much game time when all fit.

Next year our backline is goin to be epic I reckon. Allen, JAC, Cotric, Avo, Ok,DWZ, Burton and Flanno. Where they all fit who knows. If we actually get Staggs, damn. A lot tied up on the backline though if we do.
Hadnt heard anything about staggs. We dont need him. He runs good but his defence is awful. But yeh a formidable backline even without him

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Depending on how Averillo performs this year will determine how we handle contracts and positions into 2022. If Avo has a stellar year, they will make room for him somewhere in the 13 at the cost of an off contract starting back.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
His defence is over 85%. And he made some big try saving tackles last year.
Best centre in the comp imo
85% isnt good, but in any case dont see broncos letting him go. They lack good backs

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
85% isnt good, but in any case dont see broncos letting him go. They lack good backs
It's better than most of the other gun centre/ wings atm. Manu 82% Crighton 79% Cotric 72% Ramien 80% Olam 80% Gagai 82%
And is on par with Josh Morris also at 85%.
Pretty decent if you ask me.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
It's better than most of the other gun centre/ wings atm. Manu 82% Crighton 79% Cotric 72% Ramien 80% Olam 80% Gagai 82%
And is on par with Josh Morris also at 85%.
Pretty decent if you ask me.
Im basing my opinion on the matches i saw him in on tv last year, where he was caught out of position a lot (probably inexperience is the reason). As i said though, i dont see Broncos letting go of one of the few good backs they have, and we are already overflowing with backs come 2022.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
And good forwards and halves.
They have some good forwards. But thats about it. Def have a bigger halves issue than we do though. Worst halves in the comp. They stole the title from us.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Averillo does play 6 this season and does well.

I think there is a chance that TBaz could go back to the past with the way the game has changed (like the Lamb & Dymock days) and play Burton at lock as a second 5/8 in 2022.

With Flanagan as a dominant 7 and a 5/8 on either side.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can he hook. We needed a hooker. Te h him to tackle non stop until season starts and he would go good out of dummy Half. He is crafty

Bigmous

on the loose
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Averillo does play 6 this season and does well.

I think there is a chance that TBaz could go back to the past with the way the game has changed (like the Lamb & Dymock days) and play Burton at lock as a second 5/8 in 2022.

With Flanagan as a dominant 7 and a 5/8 on either side.
This is what I’m hoping to eventuate! So much more strike across the park

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
It's good that Baz extended Avo till 2023 in that he is aware of his talent and it keeps the wolves at bay for now.

Baz now has 2 seasons (Nov2022) to find Jake a starting position or he will be poached in the same manner as we did Burton from Penrith.